1) College of the Siskiyous RB Taylor Cox - Cox, a Seattle-area native, has the speed and quickness to be a real threat at the next level and after a solid freshman campaign, he followed that up with an even better sophomore season, rushing for 1,507 yards and 14 touchdowns.
2) Hartnell RB Alvin Jelks - Jelks is a name we've been following all year and he had a great sophomore season for the 7-3 Panthers, posting 1,414 yards rushing and 16 touchdowns to go along with 29 receptions, 291 yards and two scores as a receiver out of the backfield.
3) Yuba RB Juan Johnson - Yuba will host their first California Community College Bowl game since 1969 this weekend when they take on Monterey Peninsula and Johnson's performance in his freshman season is a big reason why as he put up 1,193 yards and eight touchdowns on the ground for the 49ers.
4) Butte RB Tromaine Dennis - The talented sophomore tailback is about as explosive as they come and this year Dennis helped the Roadrunners to a 9-1 record by rushing for 1,065 yards and 13 scores while also reeling in 18 receptions for 259 yards and three touchdowns. Dennis hasn't received an offer to this point, but things are picking up as Indiana has begun to give him a long look and other FBS programs are starting to show interest as well.
5) West Hills RB Shane Cams - Cams was a bright spot for West Hills this season rushing for 991 yards and nine touchdowns.
6) Modesto RB Markus Sanders - Sanders, along with freshman Aaron Fie lds, had a solid season for the Pirates racking up 862 yards and 12 touchdowns while helping to lead them to an 8-2 record.
7) Feather River RB Tim Hanson - The Golden Eagles finished the season 5-5 and one of the reasons they were such a tough out for opponents this year was because of the play of sophomore tailback Tim Hanson who rushed for 851 yards and nine touchdowns.
8) Modesto RB Aaron Fields - Fields, a freshman tailback, has rushed for 816 yards and eight touchdowns, using his outstanding quickness and open-field running skills to be a nice addition to the Pirates' rushing attack alongside Markus Sanders.
9) West Hills RB Cameron Boyd - While Shane Cams got a majority of the carries, Boyd, a freshman, made plays when he had the chance, rushing for 813 yards and seven scores this season.
10) Diablo Valley RB Dozie Iwaugwu - Iwaugwu had a solid 2011 season posting 806 yards and nine touchdowns while helping to lead DVC to an 8-2 record.
Top 10 Running Backs: Northern California
JC Football Top Stories
Anderson Leads Riverside Past PiratesIn his first start of the season, Collyn Anderson passed for 381 yards and 5 touchdowns as Riverside overcame a slow start to hand host Ventura a 52-27 thrashing Saturday night in…
JC FootballSunday at 7:42 PM
Junior College Football Top 25 RankingsNW Mississippi (4-0) retains their top spot in the JCFootball.com Top 25 for a second week followed by Riverside (3-0). If Riverside defeats #5 Ventura (3-0) this week, then you…
JC FootballThursday at 9:45 PM
Week 3 Top Performers - Running BacksHere's a look at some of the top JUCO running back performances from week three of the season...
JC FootballThursday at 1:28 AM
Week 3 Top Performers - LinebackersHere's a look at some of the top JUCO linebacker performances from week three of the season...
JC FootballThursday at 1:14 AM