Actually the race for the championship should be wide open with some stiff
competition coming from all over the country.
1. CC SAN FRANCISCO (9-2) Last rank: 14
Comments: Favorable schedule. Key positions covered.
2. DIXIE STATE, Ut. (10-2) Last rank: 8
Comments: This may be the year for Croshaw's Rebels.
3. PASADENA (8-3) Last rank: 22
Comments: El foldo at end of '02. Lancers loaded again.
4. PALOMAR (10-1) Last rank: 4
Comments: Comets smell another national title. Could be.
5. BUTLER COUNTY, Ks (10-2) Last rank: 13
Comments: Butler, Coffeyville, Garden???? Pick ‘em.
6. GROSSMONT (9-2) Last rank: 12
Comments: Could challenge for it all. Depth galore.
7. TYLER, Tx. (5-4) Last rank: NR
Comments: Mystery team. Texas is wide-open this year.
8. COLLEGE OF CANYONS (10-2) Last rank: 9
Comments: Pasadena, Palomar in first two will tell tale.
9. CERRITOS (8-3) Last rank: 23
Comments: May be ranked too high, or too low.
10. GEORGIA MILITARY (10-1) Last rank: 7
Comments: Loss of Andre Hall has to hurt. Solid squad.
11. COFFEYVILLE, Ks. (9-3) Last rank: 19
Comments: May be better than BC and GC. Great transfers.
12. SADDLEBACK (9-2) Last rank: 15
Comments: Watch these guys. Farrel at QB is short but good.
13. REEDLEY (12-0) Last rank: 1
Comments: How do you repeat a 12-0? Johnson returns.
14. PEARL RIVER, Ms. (7-3) Last rank: 26
Comments: Wildcats will be the darkhorse contenders.
15. SNOW, Ut. (8-2) Last rank: 21
Comments: Badgers looking for a bowl game this year.
16. FRESNO (9-2) Last rank: 11
Comments: 42-12 in last 5 years is hard to beat.
17. NORTHWEST MISS. (5-4) Last rank: NR
Comments: Unusual for Rangers to be ranked this low.
18. GARDEN CITY, Ks. (7-4) Last rank: NR
Comments: With Andre Hall (Ga. Military transfer) anything can happen.
19. FOOTHILL (9-2) Last rank: 18
Comments: Will be tough, but might lose a couple.
20. KILGORE, Tx. (6-4) Last rank: NR
Comments: Rangers will rebound but catch Tyler twice
21. JOLIET, Il. (11-0) Last rank: 5
Comments: 21-game win streak gone 22-21 to Harper.
22. BUTTE (10-1) Last rank: 2
Comments: QB is at California-Berkeley. Still talent remains.
23. NORTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA (10-1) Last rank: 3
Comments: Probably mistake putting Norse this low.
24. LONG BEACH (8-3) Last rank: 24
Comments: Vikes could be the surprise team of So Cal.
25. SAN MATEO (8-3) Last rank: NR
Comments: Same for the Bulldogs. Watch out, they bite.