2001 Mission Conference "Players of the Week" – Week 4
• Palomar's Andy Goodenough (6-4, 217, So, QB, Corvallis, Ore.) completed 23-of-40 passes for 326 yards, three touchdowns and one interception.
• Pasadena's Nathan Chandler (6-7, 250, So, QB, South Lake Carroll, Tex.) completed 23-of-31 passes for 247 yards (two TDs) and added 50 yards rushing.
• Fullerton's Brian Bartczak (6-0, 192, So, QB, Valencia) threw for 254 yards on 12-of-21 passing (21.1 ypc), no interceptions, and scored on an eight-yard scramble to lift the Hornets over Riverside.
• Saddleback's Jason Whieldon (6-1, 190, So, QB, Orange Lutheran) set a new school record with 483 yards of total offense. He had 16 carries for 126 yards and threw for 357 on 24-of-43 passing (three TDs, one INT).
• Santa Ana's Greg Farrell (5-11, 180, Fr, QB, Esperanza) threw for 263 yards and four touchdowns.
• Palomar's Rory Palmer (6-2, 225, So, RB, Mt. Carmel) carried the ball 27 times for 118 yards.
• Cerritos' Josh Herrera (6-0, 197, Fr, RB, La Habra) ran for 100 yards on 11 carries and scored on a five-yard run.
• El Camino's Bennie Bishop (6-0, 180, So, WR, Westchester) grabbed three passes for 153 yards and two TDs (76 long). He also recovered a final-minute onside-kick to seal EC's 35-31 win at Palomar.
• Pasadena's Octavius Spencer (6-3, 210, Fr, WR, Colorado) had nine receptions (Lancer season-best) for 86 yards and one touchdown.
• Saddleback's Chris Bernard (6-1, 190, So, WR, Aliso Niguel) caught eight passes for 131 yards, and had two kickoff returns for 31 yards.
• Palomar's Deondre Alexander (5-11, 175, So, WR, Fontana) caught seven passes for 161 yards and two TDs.
• Cerritos' Chris Chatman (6-5, 200, So, WR, Tustin) had five catches for 99 yards and one TD.
• El Camino's Brian Smith (6-2, 225, Fr, LB, Peninsula) had a game-high 19 tackles (eight solo) and one QB hurry.
• Fullerton's Adam Lancisero (5-9, 193, Fr, LB, El Modena) recorded a career-high 13 tackles (four solo, three for minus five yards), two fumble recoveries and a blocked punt.
• Saddleback's Shane Harris (5-10, 185, So, FS, Woodbridge) posted 11 tackles (seven solo) and also intercepted two passes against Long Beach.
• Cerritos' Justin Burks (6-1, 220, Fr, LB, Bellflower) recorded eight tackles and three QB sacks.
• Saddleback's Derrick Waddell (6-1, 180, So, CB, Rancho Buena Vista), making his season-debut, blocked a PAT to hold the Gaucho lead at 36-35 in the fourth; and later intercepted a Hail Mary pass on the game's final play to preserve the win.
• Mt. SAC's Donte Nicholson (6-1, 200, Fr, SS) registered 10 tackles (six solo) and one QB hurry.
• Cerritos' Chiris Eagen (6-4, 262, So, DE, Pacifica) had seven tackles and 2.5 QB sacks.
• Orange Coast's Daniel Steinau (6-0, 200, Fr, LB, El Toro) registered 16 tackles (eight solo).
• El Camino's Chris Solomona (6-5, 285, So, DE, San Pedro) recorded eight tackles, four QB hurries, and an interception-return for a touchdown.
• El Camino's Ryan Riddle (6-3, 220, Fr, DE, Culver City) tallied eight total tackles, two QB sacks, and one blocked punt.
Kick Returns/All-Purpose/Total Offense
• Pasadena's Jonathan Smith (5-9, 180, So, RB/KR, Narbonne) had three touchdowns and 256 all-purpose yards: a season-high 157 yards rushing on 17 carries; 75 yards receiving on six catches (64 TD); and one kick-return for 24 yards.
• El Camino's Alvin Marshal (5-9, 185, Fr, RB/KR, Locke) compiled 222 all-purpose yards: 94 rec. on four catches (2 TDs, 56 long); 93 on five kick returns; and 35 on eight rushes.
• El Camino's Wilfredo Licon (6-0, 180, Fr, P, South Torrance), making his season debut, punted the ball nine times for 335, landing four inside Palomar's 10-yard line — including three inside the five.
• Pasadena's Joe Timchenko (6-3, 200, Fr, K, Arroyo) booted field goals of 29 and 41 yards and added three extra points.
• Santa Ana's Josh Raphael (5-11, 200, So, P, El Dorado) had three punts for 153 yards (51 avg.).• Palomar's Jeff Sherwood (5-8, 202, Fr, K, New York) made all three FG attempts (43, 28, 20).