2001 Mission Conference
"Players of the Week" – Week 7
• Palomar's Andy Goodenough (6-4, 217, So, QB, Corvallis, Ore.) completed 25-of-40 passes for 312 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions.
• Mt. San Antonio's Greg Valenzuela (6-1, 190, So, QB) completed 12-of-31 passes for 292 yards and four TDs (78 long).
• Long Beach's Jason Baughman (6-2, 210, So, QB, Western) finished with 239 passing yards on 16-of-30 attempts and three TDs.
• Cerritos' Mike Harrison (6-2, 210, So, QB, Mayfair) completed 28-of-60 passes for 287 yards and one TD. His 60 attempts set a new school record.
• Riverside's Ronnie Hill (6-1, 190, Fr, QB, Temecula Valley) was 21-of-37 for 203 yards.
• Pasadena's Jonathan Smith (5-9, 180, So, RB, Narbonne) ran for 287 yards on 14 carries (20.5 ypc); scored four touchdowns; and caught five passes for 30 yards. His 19 TDs breaks PCC's single-season record, held previously by Jackie Robinson.
• Santa Ana's Brandon Fischer (6-0, 220, So, RB, El Dorado) led the Dons with 158 yards rushing on 29 carries.
• Long Beach's Craig Richardson (5-10, 180, Fr, RB, Wilson) rushed for 120 yards on 23 carries.
• Riverside's Jonathon Nairn (5-10, 195, Fr, RB, A.B. Miller), filling in for the injured Marcus Guzman, ran 19 times for 99 yards and one TD.
• Palomar's Rory Palmer (6-2, 225, Fr, RB, Mt. Carmel) ran for 120 yards on 16 carries and one TD.
• Cerritos' Chris Chatman (6-5, 200, So. WR, Tustin) had eight receptions for 142 yards, including a 30-yard TD.
• Mt. San Antonio's Dominic Longo (6-0, 175, Fr, WR) grabbed four passes for 148 yards, including a 78-yard score.
• Palomar's Deondre Alexander (5-11, 175, So, WR, Fontana) caught eight passes for 78 yards and one TD.
• Riverside's Ricky Moore (6-0, 185, Fr, WR, Paloma Valley) hauled in eight passes for 89 yards.
• Mt. San Antonio's Donte Nicholson (6-2, 200, Fr, DB, Diamond Bar) led the Mounties with 12 tackles (nine solo), one INT, and pass deflection.
• Saddleback's Keller Christensen (5-10, 210, So, LB/RB, Madras, OR) posted 10 tackles (six solo, two for loss) and one QB sack. On offense, he had a 2-yard scoring run and a 13-yard catch.
• Pasadena's James Griffin (6-2, 190, Fr, LB, Memphis, TN) paced the Lancer defense with six tackles, five QB hurries, one sack and one INT.
• El Camino's Keenan Curtis (6-2, 280, So, DE, Palicades) compiled nine tackles (three solo), three sacks, four QB hurries, one INT, and caused one fumble.
• Golden West's Shaun Cozort (6-1, 235, So, LB, Arroyo) led the Rustlers with 16 tackles (10 solo), one QB sack and one forced fumble.
• El Camino's Brent Pollock (6-2, 290, Fr, NG, Peninsula) led the Warriors with 13 tackles (seven solo).
• Cerritos' Philip Perry (6-3, 240, So, LB, Lakewood) tallied 11 tackles (two for loss) and blocked a punt.
• Cerritos' Charles Allgood (6-0, 190, So, FS, Washington) made eight tackles (five solo) and returned an INT 45 yards.
• Mt. San Antonio's Chris Early (6-0, 160, Fr, DB) tallied eight tackles and three pass deflections.
• Santa Ana's Chad Kalilimoku (6-0, 235, So, LB, Roosevelt, HI) recorded nine tackles (six solo) and one interception.
• Cerritos' Jermaine Lee (6-1, 202, So, DB, Ramapo, NY) was in on five tackles and returned a blocked punt for a touchdown.
• Mt. San Antonio's Mau Uiagalelei (6-3, 235, So, LB) registered eight tackles (five solo), two QB sacks, and five hurries.
Kick Returns/All-Purpose/Total Offense
• Saddleback's Darren Shorter (5-11, 195, Fr, RB, Cypress) scored three TDs (2 rush, 1 rec.) in the first 15 minutes, on his way to 173 offensive yards. He finished with 96 yards rushing on 18 carries, and 77 yards on three catches.
• El Camino's Alvin Marshal (5-9, 185, Fr, RB/KR, Locke) scored three TDs and compiled 188 yards from scrimmage: 104 rushing yards on 13 carries, and 84 receiving yards on five catches.
• Palomar's Chris Williams (5-7, 165, Fr, RB, Oceanside) had 122 all-purpose yards: 66 rushing and 56 receiving on five catches (two TDs).
• Santa Ana's Agustin Gonzalez (6-0, 195, Fr. K, Redwoods), a former Don soccer player, nailed all four FG attempts (29, 19, 22, 46) in his season-debut.
• Long Beach's Todd Marshall (6-0, 180, Fr, P, Wilson) punted six times for 241 (40.2 avg.), including one kick inside the 20-yard line.
• Riverside's Josh Habben (6-3, 200, So, P, North) punted six times for a 40-yard average.