We're doing things a little different in ‘06…Unsigned sophomores are being showcased in their own mini-combines on May 5 in SoCal and May 12 in NorCal. We expect 100 to 150 unsigned sophomores to participate at each event. In years past, unsigned sophomores have been hard for four-year coaches to pick out of the huge crowd. Now it will be much easier for unsigned sophomores to be noticed by those four-year coaches who are seeking help for next fall.
Another positive is that on Saturday there will be 300 participants as opposed to 420. Larger numbers have meant fewer reps for athletes in the one-on-ones, longer lines at check-in, and it is more difficult for four-year coaches to evaluate prospects.
Here are the basic details. You'll also want to read our FAQ sheet.
DATES, TIMES, LOCATIONS
April 29 - Mesa CC in Arizona (10:00 - 3:00)
May 5 - UNSIGNED SOPHOMORES ONLY. Citrus College in southern Calif. + all kickers, punters, and snappers. (4:00 - 8:00 p.m.)
May 6 - Citrus College in southern Calif. Only freshmen with one more season of JC football to play will be allowed to participate. No unsigned sophomores. (8:30 - 3:00 p.m.)
May 12 – UNSIGNED SOPHOMORES ONLY + all kickers, punters, and snappers. (4:00 – 8:00 p.m.)
May 13 - San Jose St. in northern Calif. Only freshmen with one more season of JC football to play will be allowed to participate. No unsigned sophomores. (10:00 - 4:30 p.m.)
To attend athletes must meet the following criteria:
- Be entering their sophomore season in the fall of 2006 OR be an unsigned sophomore who saw significant playing time in 2005.
- Must have played JC football during the 2004 or 2005 season.
- Must be in good academic standing & able to transfer to 4-year school by summer 2007.
- Must be currently enrolled at a football-playing JC.
- Freshman qualifiers seeking early transfer must be recommended by their JC coach. (call or email)
Sorry, but high school athletes are not allowed to participate. No exceptions.
$20.00 (check or money order). To pay by credit card simply call: 206-331-8208.
It's simple to register. Just fill out the Online Registration Form. (click link)
Participants should register on the website (preferred) or using the form your coach should have already received in the mail. By far the easiest method is to complete the online registration form on JCFootball.com. A link is located both in the left side navigation menu and above the message board. It's fast and simple! *Confirmation emails go out approximately a week after you register. Sorry, it's not automated!
FOR UNSIGNED SOPHOMORES (May 5 and May 12 only): The combine will begin with check-in and height/weight measurement. The athlete will then receive a number to wear for identification purposes. The following tests will be given:
- 40-yard dash
- Vertical Jump
After testing athletes break into groups for 1-on-1 and probably 7-on-7.
FOR ATHLETES WITH ONE MORE JC SEASON TO PLAY: The combine will begin with check-in and height/weight measurement. The athlete will then receive a number to wear for identification purposes.
The following tests will be given:
- 40-yard dash
- Bench Press (Maximum repetitions at 185 lbs. for QB/WR/RB/DB and 225 for OL/DL/LB/TE)
- Vertical Jump
Participants are NOT required to take all of the tests. Results can be ‘scratched' on request.
After testing athletes break into groups and work on selected skills:
- Quarterbacks, Receivers, Tight ends, Defensive Backs: Agilities then WR/DB 1-on-1
- Offensive and defensive line: Agilities and bag work, obstacle course (emphasizing footwork: running ropes, bag step-overs, etc.).
- Linebackers: Agilities and drills
- Running backs: Agilities and drills
- Kickers/ Punters/ Long Snappers: Drills for accuracy and distance. *We will not have formal kicking/punting at the Arizona combine this year.
The combine staff consists of area community colleges. If you're a coach who is interested in helping, either on the football end or as a general volunteer, please contact JCFootball.com at 206-331-8208. For their efforts, coaches receive a stipend for the day, shirt, lunch, and food afterwards.
Keep an eye on JCFootball.com in April for more specific details.
JCFootball.com is an Official Partner of CCCFCA
California Community College Football Coaches Association