NJCAA PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Guillory, House, Beck and Glenn Take Week Four NJCAA Football Player of the Week Honors
COLORADO SPRINGS , Colo. (Sept. 19, 2007) - Nate Guillory (Coffeyville Community College), Timmy House (Phoenix College), Myron Beck (Glendale Community College) and Xavier Glenn (College of DuPage) are NJCAA Football Players of the Week for games through Sept. 15. Guillory and House share Offensive Player of the Week honors. Beck receives Defensive Player of the Week honors and Glenn takes Special Teams Player of the Week accolades.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Nate Guillory, Coffeyville Community College (Kan.)
Running Back; Houston, Texas / Houston Kashmere High School
Pre-season All-American Nate Guillory rushed for 208 yards on 27 carries on Sept. 15 in the Red Ravens' 20-13 win over Hutchinson Community College (Kan.). He also rushed for two touchdowns, including a 69-yard scamper for six. Guillory has amassed 470 yards in four contests on 86 carries (5.5 yards per rush) with four touchdowns, which leads the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference. His 117.5 yards per game also leads the league by more than 25 yards.
Timmy House, Phoenix College (Ariz.)
Running Back; Peoria, Ariz. / Centennial High School
In his first action of the season, Phoenix College's Timmy House was responsible for 24 of the Bears' 38 points in their 41-38 loss to No. 7 Eastern Arizona College on Sept. 15. House rushed for 206 yards on 22 carries with four touchdowns with his longest rush being a 64-yard break for six. He also caught three passes for 11 yards.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Myron Beck , Glendale Community College (Ariz.)
Safety; Seattle, Wash.
Glendale's Myron Beck helped the No. 10 Gauchos to a 30-28 win over Scottsdale on Sept. 15 by intercepting three Artichoke passes and returning two for touchdowns. He totaled 114 yards in return yardage from his three picks and his two touchdowns were on returns of 64 and 50 yards. Beck also had five solo and four assisted tackles on the night. He now leads the Western States Football League with four interceptions on the season, of which three have been returned for scores.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Xavier Glenn, College of DuPage (Ill.)
Returner; Atlanta, Ga. / Stockbridge High School
Glenn helped lead DuPage to a 43-27 victory over rival Harper College (Ill.) on Sept. 15 with 235 total yards of offense on 17 touches (13.8 yards per touch) and two touchdowns. He returned a kick-off 87 yards for a touchdown (his third kick-off return for TD in three weeks) and also returned four punts for a total of 50 yards. He also rushed for 67 yards on 10 carries and a touchdown and had two receptions for 31 yards. Glenn leads the Midwest Football Conference in both kick and punt returns. Through four games he has amassed 251 yards on six kick returns and 153 yards on 10 punt returns.
MISSISSIPPI PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offense: Northwest tailback DeMatanise Hill (29 rushes for 159 yards and 2 TDs)
Defense: Gulf Coast defensive end Jack Hayes (8 tackles, 1 sack, recovered a fumble)
Special Teams: Gulf Coast kicker Sean Brauchle (Kicked field goals of 42 and 43 yards, 2 for 2 PATs)
SOUTHWEST PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
The conference did not post Players of the Week this week, so we took a chance and came up with our own.
Alonzo Adams (Fr.), WR, TYLER - Returned a punt 85 yards for a touchdown with 4:00 left to beat Cisco JC, 29-23.
Ira Duckworth (Fr.), RB, TYLER - 29 carries for 123 yards and 2 TDs.
Jocques Crawford (6-0, 230; So.), RB, CISCO - The all-American carried the Cisco offense with 39 carries for 257 yards.
Bo Bowling (So.), QB, NE Oklahoma - The 5-10, 210-pound RB/QB rushed for 247 yards and 2 TDs in a 37-26 win over Trinity Valley. Two of his TD runs were for 73 and 61 yards. Bowling was 7-11 passing for 76 yards.
Cornelius Shackleford, RB, Kilgore - Rushed for 181 yards on 23 carries with two TDs in a 28-26 win over Navarro.
Logan Morris, QB, Kilgore - 10-18 passing for 176 yards and 2 TDs.
Jeremy Sanders (So.), QB, Navarro - The all-American candidate was hurt after a quarter of play. Regardless, he rushed 5 times for 81 yards including a 59-yard TD scamper. He was 7-10 passing for 95 yards before the injury.
OK...Before I finished this report the official SWJCFC report came in the email. Here's the word (and I don't know which stats are more accurate; they vary a bit):
Offensive Player of the Week is NEO QB Bo Bowling, who rushed 28-235-3, caught 3-10-0, and passed 6-11-49-1 as the Golden Norsemen scored 23 fourth-quarter points and beat TVCC at Athens, 37-26.
Defensive Player of the Week is Blinn CB Paul Stephens, who intercepted 2 passes, recovered a fumble and made 4 tackles for losses in the Buccaneers' 58-0 win over Arkansas Baptist.
Special Teams Player of the Week is Tyler WR/KR Alonzo Adams, who had 4 KOR for 120 and 2 PR for 64 yards. One of his KR was an 85-yard TD.
Other Players of Note:
- Cornelius Shackleford, RB, Kilgore - Shackleford rushed for 187 yards and 2 TDs on 25 carries and added 1 catch for 17 yards against Navarro
- Corey Whitefield, LB, Kilgore - Whitfield recorded 7 tackles and a sack vs. Navarro.
- Gary Ragston, LB, Blinn - Ragston had 6 tackles for loss, forced 1 fumble and broke up 3 passes in Blinn’s win over Arkansas Baptist.
- Reginald Brown, RB, Blinn - Brown rushed for 126 yards and 1 TD on 6 carries.
- Zach Booker, RB, Blinn - Booker rambled for 101 yards on 1 TD on 12 carries.
- Ira Duckworth, RB, Tyler - Duckworth rushed 29 times for 140 yards and 2 scores in Tyler's 29-23 win over Cisco.
- George Pierson, P, Tyler - Pierson averaged 48.8 yards on 7 punts, 3 of which went inside the 5-yard line.
- Josh Zamora, LB, Tyler - Zamora intercepted a pass and added 3 tackles for the Apaches.
- Corey White, DL , TVCC - White had 7 tackles and a sack in a 37-26 loss to NEO.
- Tyrone Gibbs, WR, TVCC - Gibbs had 5 catches for 90 yards and 2 TDs.
- Jocques Crawford, RB, Cisco - Crawford rushed for 2 TDs and 257 yards on 34 carries.
- Terrance Cain, QB, Blinn - Cain completed 23 of 37 passes for 325 yards and 4 TDs in Blinn's 58-0 win over Arkansas Baptist.
- Leotist Gordon, DB, NEO - Gordon intercepted a pair of passes in NEO's win over TVCC.
WSFL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offense: Timmy House, RB, Phoenix College - Phoenix College's Timmy House is the WSFL Offensive Player of the Week. House ran for 206 yards and scored four touchdowns in the Bears' 41-38 loss to #7 ranked Eastern Arizona.
Defense: Myron Beck, DB, Glendale - Glendale's Myron Beck is the WSFL Defensive Player of the Week. Beck helped the Gauchos to a 30-28 win over Scottsdale by intercepting three Artichoke passes and returning two for touchdowns. He also had five solo and four assisted tackles on the night.
Special Teams: Treg Jeffery, PK, Phoenix - Treg Jeffery of Phoenix College is the WSFL Special Teams Player of the Week. Jeffery was 5-for-5 on extra points for the Bears and also booted a 57-yard field goal.
NORTHEAST PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offense: A.J. McKenna, Lackawanna College - McKenna was 7 for 9 for 164 yards in the Falcons 18-13 win over Hudson Valley CC. He connected on touchdown passes of 65, 16, and 9 yards.
Honorable Mention: Mike Septh (ASC), Brad Hill (ECC), Kory Chambers (Dean), Bobby Ransom (HVCC)
Defense: David James, Hudson Valley CC - James recorded 12 tackles in the Vikings 18-13 loss to Lackawanna on Saturday. Three of his tackles were for a loss (11 yards).
Honorable Mention: Brian Abrams (ASC), Ackim Thomas (ECC), Mike Balogum (Lackawanna)
Special Teams: John Rachuna, Erie CC & Calvin Corbin, Alfred State
Rachuna was 2 for 2 on PAT attempts and was 2 for 2 in field goal attempts. He connected on 46- and 43-yard field goals in Erie’s 20-13 win over Nassau.
Corbin returned the opening kickoff 78 yards for a score and then returned a punt 50 yards for another score less than four minutes later. He finished the day with 163 all-purpose yards.
KANSAS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Beau Johnson, RB, Butler Community College
Beau Johnson, a sophomore running back from Lawrenceville, Ga., ran 19 times for 117 yards and two touchdowns (10 yards and 58 yards). He also passed once for a 33-yard touchdown, helping the Grizzlies beat Independence 34-0. Johnson now has 357 yards and six touchdowns through four games this season as he tries to notch a second-straight 1,000 yard season for Butler, which is 4-0 overall and 3-0 in Jayhawk Conference play.
Nate Guillory, RB, Coffeyville Community College
Kashmere High School
Guillory rushed for 208 yards on 27 carries including TD runs of 69 yards and 9 yards.
Maurice Greer, RB, Garden City Community College
Greer carried the ball 26 times for 174 yards and two TDs.
J.R. Bryant, LB, Butler Community College
Bryant had eight tackles and recovered two fumbles in the Grizzlies' 34-0 win over Independence.
A couple of notes: Garden City punter Cameron Kenney punted 3 times for a 58.3 average -- bolstered by an 82 yarder. Dodge City punter wasn't too bad either. Chris Pence averaged 42 yards on 4 punts with a 61 yarder.
MINNESOTA PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Joe DiGrazio LB, Sophomore
DiGrazio had 12 tackles (7 solo) a sack, two pass deflections and a interception return that set up the winning score for the Ironmen.
Mike Berg, LB, Sophomore
Berg had 17 tackles (15 solos) one interception and one fumble recovery for the Raiders last week.
Larry Hall, RB, Freshman
Hall carried the ball 39 times and gained 185 yards and also scored two touchdowns for the Voyageurs.
Kenny Davis, RB
Davis ran the ball 27 times for 187 yards, including a 57 yard touchdown run as the Spartans defeated the Itasca.
MIDWEST CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
No Report this week.
MISSION CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Saddleback College quarterback Brian Shrock, Cerritos College linebacker Michael Terry, and Orange Coast College punter David Harrington have been named Week 3 Mission Football Conference Players of the Week for their performances on the field.
Shrock (QB, 6-0, 190, Fr., Edison HS) led Saddleback to its second-half comeback in the Gauchos' 38-35 win over Long Beach to earn offensive player of the week honors. Shrock threw for 324 yards and four touchdowns (all in the second half) on 21 of 31 passing. He also led the team in rushing with 13 carries for 63 yards as Saddleback won its 300th game in the program's history.
Terry (LB, 6-0, 240, So., Bell Gardens HS) was all over the field in Cerritos' 22-20 triple-overtime loss to Golden West. Terry totaled 10 tackles (six solo, three for losses) and had a 41-yard interception return for a touchdown. He also forced a fumble, broke up a pass, and added a quarterback hurry on his way to being named defensive player of the week.
Harrington (K/P, 6-2, 160, Fr., Marina HS) is named special teams player of the week for his impressive punting effort in Orange Coast's 27-25 loss to Pasadena. Harrington punted seven times for 263 yards (37.6 average). Six of those punts landed inside the 20, including three punts inside the five-yard line.
- Kupono Kaawa, LB, 6-2, 250, So., Santa Fe HS --- 14 tackles (five solo).
- Junior Tivao, LB, 6-0, 245, Fr., Paramount HS --- 13 tackles (four solo), 2.5 tackles for loss, FR.
- Davion Mauldin, CB, Cimarron Memorial (NV) HS/Minot (ND State) --- 12 tackles (seven solo), 1.5 tackles for loss, FR, PBU.
- B.G. Walters, CB, 5-9, 185, So, Dwyer (FL) HS/Allan Hancock College --- 3 tackles, INT (on last play of regulation in the end zone), 1 PR for 15 yards, 1 KOR 22 yards.
- Ken Ashley, RB, 5-8, 210, Fr., Venice HS - 8 carries, 90 yards, 1 TD, 21 long.
- Cedric Mack, OL, 6-4, 330, So., Miami Palmetto HS - 4 great blocks, graded out at 92%.
- Rolando Barragan, DT, 6-2, 295, So., Morningside HS - 6 tackles, 4 solo; 1 forced fumble; 1 recovered fumble; 1 extra effort; 3 TFL.
- King Manu, DE, 6-1, 235, So., Morningside, FL - 5 tackles, 2 solo; 1 TFL; 4 QBH; 2 QB sacks; 1 caused fumble.
- Kaipo Sarkissian, LB, 6-1, 235, So., Kamehameha, HI - 10 tackles, 2 solo; 1 TFL; 1 QBH; 1 QB sack.
- Marquis Avery, WR, 6-4, 190, So., Savanna HS --- 6 catches for 69 yards and 2 TDs.
- Steve Downs, LB, 6-2, 230, So., Esperanza HS --- 14 tackles, 3 solo, 1 tfl for 3 yards.
- Anthony Carlisle, RB, 5-8, 185, Fr., Ashtabula, OH/Lakeside HS --- 35 carries for 125 yards 1 touchdown.
- Andrew Iupati, DT, 6-1, 285, Fr., Anaheim, CA/Western HS --- 6 solo tackles 1 assist, 3 Hurries, 1 sack, 2 batted balls and 4 tackles for loss.
- Patrick Tafua, FS, 6-1, 195, So., Westminster, CA/Westminster HS --- 5 solo tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 recovered fumble, 2 passes defended, 1 batted pass, 1 INT, 1 blocked punt.
- Jonte Stroud, LB, 6-2, 220, So., Warren, OH/Harding HS --- 13 tackles (8 solo), 1 fumble recovery
- Jason Brown, DB, 6-2, 220, So., Long Beach, CA/Poly HS/Univ of Idaho --- 10 tackles (5 solo), 49-yard interception return for a touchdown, 1 forced fumble, 2 tackles for loss.
- William Alo, LB, 6-0, 230, So., Long Beach, CA/Poly HS --- 8 tackles (4 solo), 3 fumble recoveries, including one in the end zone for a touchdown, 2 pass breakups, 1 QB hurry.
- Don Tupou, DB, 5-11, 185, So., Long Beach, CA/Jordan HS --- 11 tackles (8 solo), 1 forced fumble, 1 pass breakup.
- Dalton Etimani, TE, 6-5, 240, Fr., Pago Pago, American Samoa/Fagaitua HS --- 8 receptions for 88 yards with one TD.
- Scotty Miranda, DB, 6-0, 200, Fr., Downey, CA/Downey HS --- 8 tackles (5 solo), 1 forced fumble.
MT. SAN ANTONIO
- Matt Austin, WR, 6-3, 190, Fr., Charter Oak HS --- 5 receptions for 105 yards, 50-yard TD.
- Eugene Germany, DE, 6-4, 275, So., Pomona HS --- 7 tackles (3 solo), 1 TFL, 1 QB hurry, 1 sack.
- Shaun Mohler, LB, 6-3, 220, So., Corona Del Mar HS --- 6 solo tackles, 6 assists, 2.5 TFL.
- Chris Holmesly, DB, 5-10, 180 So., Mission Viejo HS --- 6 solo tackles, 4 assists, .5 TFL, 1 FF, 1 Pass Break Up.
- Dean DeLeone, LB, 6-3, 235, Fr., Park City HS (UT) --- 4 solo, 6 assists, 2.5 TFL, 1 Sack.
- Hunter Wanket, QB, 6-4, 220, So., Torrey Pines HS --- 11-27-226 yards 3 TD passes of 48, 57 and 12 yards.
- Tobias Shanks, WR, 6-3, 200, So., Port Gibson HS in Port Gibson, Mississippi / San Diego State --- 5 receptions for 114 yards and 57-yard TD.
- Loa Madon, S, 5-9, 200, Fr., Vista HS --- 8 tackles (5 solo), 2 tackles for losses, 1 fumble recovery, 1 broken-up pass.
- Michael Allen, CB, 6-0,180, Fr., San Marcos HS --- 7 tackles (5 solo), 3 broken-up passes.
- Gerardo Powell, DE, 6-1, 220, So., Friendship Edison HS (DC) --- 6 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 tackles for losses.
- Mike Bethea, MLB, 6-3, 240, So, La Costa Canyon HS --- 5 tackles, 2 tackles for losses, 0.5 sacks.
- David Pittman, QB, 5-11, 185, So, Brookwood (Snellville, Georgia) --- Re-set his own PCC single-game record for most completions (33) in 47 attempts for 312 yards and 3 touchdowns, and led team with 12 carries for 40 yards, scoring the winning TD in the Lancers' win over Orange Coast.
- Daniel Bernal, S, 5-9, 160, Fr, Wilson (Hacienda Heights) --- Made 7 solo tackles, broke up 2 passes, and recovered a fumble.
- Gabe Tuata, RB, 5-5, 180, Fr, Kealakehe (Kailua Kona, Hawaii) --- 2 catches for 38 yards, a 34-yard TD reception, 2 rushes for 25 yards, and 2 kick returns for 45 yards. His 2-point conversion run was the winning points in PCC v. Orange Coast game.
- James Sagapolutele, LB, 6-0, 260, So, Farrington (Honolulu, Hawaii) --- 6 tackles, 4 for loss yardage, including 1.5 sacks, 1 hurry.
- Kapena Fonseca, LB, 5-8, 215, Soph, Aiea (Hawaii) --- 9 tackles, 2 for loss yardage.
- Jamell Murry, S, 5-11, 185, Fr, Jordan HS --- 13 tackles, five solo.
- Raheem Stephens, S, 6-1, 220, So, Hawthorne HS --- 3 tackles and a 93-yard interception return for a TD. The 93-yard return is second longest in college history.
- Brian McKnight, S, 6-0, 175, So, Santiago HS --- an INT return of 40 yards and 5 tackles.
- Nick Hutter, WR, 5-11, 175, Fr, Capistrano Valley HS --- caught a team-high 9 passes for 120 yards and a TD. His 32-yard scoring catch started Saddleback's second-half scoring barrage.
- Andrew Nakihei, RB, 5-9, 185, So, Maui HS (HI) --- had 12 carries for 63 yards, 5 receptions for 74 yards, and 2 kickoff returns for 58 yards to account for 195 all-purpose yards.
- Eric Carr, K, 5-10, 180, So, Aliso Niguel HS --- Carr was 5-for-5 on PAT attempts and also kicked a 27-yard field goal to have a perfect outing for the Gauchos. Also had 2 punts against LBCC, including one inside the opponent’s 20-yard line.
- Rico Russo, FS, 6-0, 185, So, Granite Bay HS --- had 3 tackles and 1 interception, picking off a Viking pass on his own 2-yard line to thwart a scoring drive. He also had 3 punt returns for 14 yards.
- Jon Loynes, DB, 6-0, 205, Fr, Mission Viejo HS --- came off the bench when nothing seemed to be going right for the Gauchos and helped to spark the defense, making five solo tackles.
- R.J. Koch, WR, 6-1, 215, So, Pacifica HS --- 4 catches for 87 yards and 1 TD.
- Mark Iddins, QB, 6-3, 205, So, Kamiak HS (WA) --- 20-37 passing, 2 TDs, 1 INT.
- Sam Stewart, DE, 6-3, 255, So, Tustin HS --- 7 tackles, 5 solo.
- Spencer Gasu, DL, 6-3, 310, So, Valencia HS --- 7 tackles, 4 solo.
- Jeremiah Guzzi, DB/P, 6-0, 210, So, La Habra HS --- 5 punts for 160 yards; 32 yard average, 2 inside the 20.
WESTERN STATE CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
QUARTERBACK - Jacob Bower, Bakersfield
Jacob Bower had an outstanding game for the Renegades. Jacob was 11 of 16 for 188 yards and 3 TDs. Jacob is a 6-4, 235 lb. freshman from Mountain View High School.
QUARTERBACK - John Garcia, Citrus
John Garcia won the award for the first time. John completed 19 of 29 passes for 222 yards and 3 TDs. John is a 6-4 180 lb. sophomore from Glendora High School.
RUNNING BACK - James Walker, Moorpark
James Walker carried 20 times for 126 yards and 3 TDs of 3, 1 and 10 yards. James is a 5-10, 185 lb. freshman from Bridgewater, New Jersey.
WIDE RECEIVER - Deryn Bowser, L.A. Harbor
Deryn Bowser caught 10 passes for 112 yards and 1 TD of 47 yards. Deryn is a 6-2 205 lb. sophomore from Washington High School.
DEFENSIVE BACK - Wiston Juene, Moorpark
Wiston Juene won the award for the first time. Wiston had 2 interceptions. Wiston is a 6-3 205 lb. sophomore from Boston, Massachusetts.
LINEBACKER - Trevor Lyne, Ventura
Trevor Lyne, a 6-0 225 lb. freshman from St. Bonaventure High School, had 15 tackles (9 unassisted), 3 sacks and 1 fumble recovery
WSC FOOTBALL HIGHLIGHTS
Patrick Patterson (Bakersfield) carried 13 times for 92 yards and 2 TDs.
Dashan Miller (Bakersfield) caught 5 passes for 115 yards.
Andrew Miramontes (Canyons) completed 19 of 28 passes for 367 yards and 3 TDs.
Jovonne Augustus (Canyons) caught 6 passes for 97 yards and 2 TDs.
Hayo Carpenter (Canyons) caught 6 passes for 86 yards and 1 TD.
Mark Castaneda (Citrus) caught 7 passes for 114 yards and 2 TDs.
Paul Clark (Citrus) had 6 tackles and 1 tackle for a loss.
Demarcus Flanagan (Citrus) had 6 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss and 1 fumble recovery.
Andre Cirino (Allan Hancock) carried 15 times for 178 yards and 3 TDs.
Terrell Denson (Allan Hancock) carried 11 times for 100 yards and 1 TD.
Chris Muniz (Allan Hancock) had 10 tackles and 1 pass breakup.
William Roundtree (Allan Hancock) had 10 tackles and 2 pass breakups.
Shaun Kermah (Glendale) carried 22 times for 79 yards and 1 TD.
Grant Valentine (Glendale) had 9 tackles and 2 hurries.
Josh Nesbitt (Glendale) had 7 tackles.
Earl Ford (L.A. Harbor) carried 16 times for 102 yards.
Travis Terry (L.A. Harbor) had 8 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss, 2 pass breakups, 1 sack and 1 hurry.
Dequin Evans (L.A. Harbor) had 6 tackles (5 unassisted) and 5 tackles for loss.
Billy McClellan (L.A. Harbor) had 6 tackles and 1 tackle for a loss.
Jeramy Bryant (L.A. Harbor) had 6 tackles, 2 intercptions and 1 pass breakup.
Eddy Gomes (Pierce) carried 17 times for 79 yards.
Alex Pettee (Pierce) completed 24 of 47 passes for 242 yards and 2 TDs.
Michael Cooper (Pierce) had 7 catches for 110 yards and 1 TD.
Hunter Easterling (Santa Barbara) caught 7 passes for 105 yards.
Jose Huerta (East Los Angeles) had 10 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss and 1 pass breakup.
Kenrick Baker (East Los Angeles) had 8 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss, 1 blocked kick and 1 hurry.
Daron Bartholomew (Santa Monica) carried 22 times for 85 yards.
Mika O'Neal (Santa Monica) had 9 tackles (7 unassisted), 1 tackle for a loss, 1 caused fumble and 1 fumble recovery.
Charles Hatchett (Santa Monica) had 8 tackles (5 unassisted) and 1 hurry.
Anthony Dickson (L.A. Valley) carried 22 times for 116 yards and 1 TD.
Troy Jackson (L.A. Valley) completed 19 of 41 passes for 178 yards.
Chris Aragon (Santa Monica) had 8 tackles (5 unassisted), 1 tackle for a loss and 1 fumble recovery.
Marcus Allen (Compton) completed 19 of 27 passes for 178 yards and 1 TD.
Dusti Blount (Compton) caught 10 passes for 108 yards.
Dennis Shelton (Compton) caught 6 passes for 100 yards and 1 TD.
Joel Childress (West L.A.) completed 15 of 38 passes for 178 yards.
Sherard Lewis (West L.A.) caught 8 passes for 129 yards.
Albert Turner (Compton) had 12 tackles (8 unassisted).
FOOTHILL CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
RB Garen Demery (5-10, 170, Fr., Valhalla) Rushed for 100 yds on 16 carries, scoring the go-ahead TD against Southwestern.
K/P Bret Haase (6-2, 175, So., Monte Vista) Booted field goals of 38 and 39 yards, while averaging 42 yards on five punts. His
longest punt was 59 yards.
DB Luis Villavicencio (6-0, 175, Fr., Point Loma) Returned an interception 59 yards for a TD, had 7 tackles and 4 pass break-ups.
LB Eric Leon (6-2, 230, FR, Rosamond) - 17 tackles, 10 solo including two sacks for seven yards, two tackles for a loss for eight yards, forced two fumbles, recovered a fumble, had a quarterback hurry, and returned AVC's only interception of the season so far 12 yards.
Safety Derrick Perrault (5-8, 165, FR, Helix) 86 yard fumble return for TD. 7 solo tackles, and one assisted tackle.
Safety Tyler Zanolli (6-3, 195, FR, Aliso Niguel) 2 INTs for 15 yards. 1 pass break-up. 2 tackles, and 1 assited tackle.
LB Robert Williams (6-1, 220, SO, Otay Ranch) 1 sack. 7 unassisted tackles. 2 assisted tackles.
QB Drew Westling (6-3, 220, SO, Aliso Niguel) 29 of 54 for 293 yards.
WR Sheldon Galloway (6-2, 210, FR, Clairmont) 7 receptions for 104 yards.
RB Kenslow Smith (5-8, 210, FR, Helix) 1 rushing TD. Ten receptions. 91 all-purpose yds
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA STATS
(Most conferences in northern California do not submit Players of the Week)
- Danny Campos, RB, 5-8, 205 (Fr., Winters, CA) - Rushed for 103 yards on 28 carries and a TD.
- Alex Green, RB, 6-2, 215 (Fr., Portland, OR) - Rushed for 106 yards on 18 carries with a TD.
- Rob Houser, OC, 6-3, 280 (So., Durham, CA) - Had 13 pancake blocks in aiding the two 100-yard rushers.
- Nick Paden, LB, 6-3, 235 (So., Folsom, CA) - Had 6 solo tackles, a sack, 4 forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery.
CC of San Francisco
- Gerald Williams, LB, 20 total tackles and 1 deflection in 19-16 loss to Fresno.
- Jake Heun, LB, 13 total tackles. Defense held Fresno to no offensive TDs.
- Greg Alexander, QB, Soph. - 26-33 for 316 yards and 6 TD passes in 2.5 quarters. 0 INT and 36 yards rushing with 1 TD.
- Aubrey Quarles, WR, Soph. - 6 rec. for 95 yards and 2 TD catches in 2.5 quarters.
- Brandyn Reed, WR, Frosh. (6-4, 200) - Had 4 receptions for 105 yards and 2 TDs.
- Scott Mckeon, PK/P - Was 8 of 8 on PATs and punted 3 times for a 42.7 yard average.
- Kurt Filler, LB, Soph., 6-3, 230 - 11 tackles.
- Andre Portis, LB, Soph., 6-3, 240 - 5 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble.
- Matt Taufoou, LB, 6-1, 240 - 8.5 tackles.
- Louis Arnold, RB, Soph. - 34 rushes for 182 yards with 2 TDs in win over Sequoias.
- Chris Evering, WR, Fr. - 6 receptions for 132 yards and 2 TDs.
MID-EMPIRE CONFERENCE STATS
Codi Boek, QB - 11-22 with no INT, 130 yards passing, 2 TDs, 15 carries for 118 yards, 7.9 avg.
Brad Walker, TE/LS - 5 catches for 114 yards, 2 TDs.
WR Darius Davis, 12 catches, 118 yd, 2 KOR for 45 yds
RB Kalvin Bailey, 13 carries, 143 yd, 2 TD
RB Jermaine Holmes, 22 carries, 139 yd, 2 KOR for 69 yds
RB Gene Norris, 16 carries, 79 yd, 3 TD
DE Taylor Dunn, 3 solo, 4 assist, 2.5 TFL, 1 batted ball
DT Ruben Jones, 2 solo, 1 assist, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 blocked FG
DE Isaiah Aimalefoa, 2 solo, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 1 FF
Steve Savage, RB - 30 carries for 136 yards, 1 TD in win over Redwoods.
Matt Adkins, QB - 13 of 21 passing, 209 yards, 4 TD.
Dylan Hall, DT - 4 solo, 1 assist, 2.5 sacks, 2 QB hurries.
Andrew Gardner, QB - 14 of 37 for 247 yards and 5 TD (no INT), and he rushed 7 times for 80 yards.
Matt Dardenne, QB -17 of 25 for 442 yards, 3 TDs and no INTs.
Charles Walker, WR - 4 catches for 178 yards in one half plus 2 TDs.
Lavonte Kirven, WR - 3 catches for 113 yards and 1 TD.
Jonathon Vee, LB - 1 INT, 6 tackles, 1 sack in one half of play.
All stats for about one half of playing time.
Garrett Turner, RB, Fr. - 16 carries, 130 yards, 2 TDs.
Phillip Robertson, DL, So., - 7 tackles, 3.5 sacks for 14 yards, 2 pass break ups, 2 QB hurries.
Cornelius Dixon, OT, So. - Was dominant. Freshmen guards Kyle Davidson and Mike Chambers also played extremely well.
Merced's defense finished with a total of 8 sacks.
OTHER STATS FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
- Chad Draper, QB, Modesto (So.) - 23-36-227 yards with a TD and an INT.
- Marcus Allen, WR, Modesto - 8 receptions for 105 yards.
- Andrew Kessler, DB, Modesto - 7 solo tackles, 4 assists, 1 TFL.
- Jon Loeliger, QB, Diablo Valley, 23-39 for 281 yards passing and 4 TDs plus13 rushes for 106 yards and 1 TD.
- Ellis Krout, WR, Gavilan - 3 receptions for 56 yards.
- Chantz Staden, RB, De Anza, 5-9, 185 - 15 carries for 104 yards, 3 TDs. Receiving: 3 catches, 81 yards, 1 TD.
- Arkelon Hall, QB, Sequoias (So.) - Connected on 19 of 43 passes for 246 yards with INTs throwing to 6 different people in a loss to Foothill.
And from Fresno:
In addition to his 90-yd. fumble recovery rumble for a TD in the second quarter, which put Fresno City College up 10-3 over CC San Francisco, Fabien Capers (6-2, 225), So., DL, also was in on four tackles, two hurries and one breakup in the FCC Rams huge 19-16 upset of 'the other Rams.'
Caleb Hale (6-3, 225), Fr., LB, ran an INT back 26 yards for a TD early in the 3rd quarter. Hale was also in on 5 tackles and a hurry.
Reggie Brown (6-2, 257), Fr., DL, was in on 6 tackles (two for losses), and three hurries.
FCC won despite giving up 503 yards total offense to CCSF. CCSF ran 94 offensive plays to Fresno’s 66; 209 total offense. Seven turnovers fleeced the SF Rams.