NJCAA PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
COLORADO SPRINGS , Colo. (Sept. 26, 2007) - Zack Hulce (Glendale Community College), Jocques Crawford (Cisco Junior College), Troy Epps (Coffeyville Community College), Nate Guillory (Coffeyville Community College), and James Klingensmith (Mesa Community College) are NJCAA Football Players of the Week for games through Sept. 23.
Hulce and Crawford share Offensive Player of the Week honors. Epps receives Defensive Player of the Week honors, while Guillory and Klingensmith are Co-Special Teams Player of the Week.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Zack Hulce, Glendale Community College (Ariz.)
Running Back; Puyallup, Wash. / Rogers High School
Hulce provided much of the Gaucho offense on Sept. 22 in a 34-13 win over Pima Community College (Ariz.). He rushed for 260 yards on 31 carries and two touchdowns. His longest run was for 75 yards. He also added one reception for 18 yards. For the season, Hulce has carried the ball 70 times for 384 yards.
Jocques Crawford, Cisco Junior College (Texas)
Running Back; Memphis, Tenn. / Cordova High School
Crawford torched the defense of Trinity Valley Community College on Sept. 23, rushing for an amazing 328 yards and three touchdowns in Cisco's 31-22 victory. The highlight of his day was a 93-yard touchdown run. Crawford currently leads the NJCAA in rushing. In just four games has amassed 773 yards on 116 carries (193.2 yds/game).
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Troy Epps, Coffeyville Community College (Kan.)
Tackle; Union, S.C. / Union High School
Coffeyville's Troy Epps collected 12 tackles in guiding the Red Ravens to a 51-27 win over Air Force Prep. He also had 2.5 tackles for loss (13 yards) and one sack (8 yards), while also forcing a key fumble that gave Coffeyville the ball on the AFP 10 yard line. The turnover produced a game-deciding touchdown that broke the game open for the Red Ravens in the fourth quarter.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Nate Guillory, Coffeyville Community College (Kan.)
Kick Returner and Running Back; Houston, Texas / Houston Kashmere High School
Guillory earns Player of the Week honors for the second-consecutive week by collecting 366 all-purpose yards in Coffeyville's 51-27 win over Air Force Prep. He returned the opening kick-off 80 yards for his first score of the game. For the game he totaled 142 yards on four kickoffs. He also rushed for 224 yards on 14 carries and an additional three touchdowns.
James Klingensmith, Mesa Community College (Ariz.)
Punter; Tempe, Ariz. / Marcos De Niza High School
Klingensmith was key in Mesa's 28-21 win over New Mexico Military Institute. He averaged 44.3 yards over four punts (177 yards), including one punt downed inside the 20 yard line. One punt was also fumbled and recovered by Mesa, which led to a touchdown for the T-Birds.
SWJCFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offensive Players of the Week: Andre Bevil, QB, Navarro & Jocques Crawford, Cisco - Third-string quarterback Andre Bevil entered the game in the second period and accounted for six TDs in Navarro's 63-28 win over Tyler. Bevil passed for 4 TDs (11, 36, 33 and 15 yards) and rushed for scores of 1 and 23 yards in his first action of the season. Crawford rushed for 323 yards on 40 carries, including a 93-yard scoring run, as Cisco defeated TVCC, 31-22.
Defensive Player of the Week: Jordan Nix, DT, NEO - Nix recorded 5 unassisted tackles and 9 assists, had a sack for minus-8 yards and 2 tackles behind the line of scrimmage for minus-9 yards in NEO's 38-9 win over Arkansas Baptist.
Special Teams Player of the Week: E.J. LeBlanc, KR, Blinn - LeBlanc returned 7 punts for 138 yards, including an 87-yard return for a touchdown in Blinn's 40-39 loss to Kilgore.
Other Players of Note:
- Bo Bowling, QB, NEO - Bowling rushed for 145 yards and 2 TDs and completed 8 of 14 passes for 163 yards and another score as NEO
defeated Arkansas Baptist, 38-9.
- Brandon Onu, LB, Navarro - Onu had 7 tackles, recovered two fumbles, intercepted a pass and broke up another pass in Navarro’s 63-28 win
- Kendrick Johnson, WR-PR-KR, Kilgore - Johnson had 6 receptions for 124 yards, returned 5 kickoffs for 151 yards and 2 punts for 11 yards in
a 40-39 win over No. 1 Blinn.
- Jonathan Whitehurst, P, Kilgore - Whitehurst boomed 8 punts for a 41.7 average.
- Kyle Roget, LB, Tyler - Roget had 9 solo tackles and 10 assists in Tyler’s 63-28 loss to Navarro.
- Lucious Henderson, WR, Navarro - Henderson caught TD passes for 11, 36 and 15 yards. Henderson had 6 receptions for 115 yards.
- Jason Madkins, WR, Navarro - Madkins caught scoring tosses of 7 and 33 yards.
- Jahbari McLennan, WR, TVCC - McClendon caught 6 passes for 102 yards and 1 TD.
- Dexter Beck, LB, TVCC - Beck had 8 tackles - 4 for loss - and 2 sacks for the Cardinals.
MISSISSIPPI PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offense: Coahoma tailback Dorian Smith (23 rushes for 196 and 2 TD)
Defense: Northwest Mississippi linebacker Patrick Trahan (PHOTO ABOVE; COURTESY OF BRETT BROWN) (11 tackles, two for loss, one forced fumble)
Special Teams: Mississippi Gulf Coast kicker Sean Brauchle (Kicked FGs of 44, 43, 42, and 25 yards, 7 of 7 PATs)
MINNESOTA PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offensive Players of the Week:
RB Larry Hall, Rainy River (Freshman; Bloomingdale, GA) - Hall in last weeks game carried the ball 31 times for 182 yards and scored two touchdowns including a 30 yard touchdown run to help the Voyageurs to a victory last week.
RB Brian Kingsborough, Fond Du Lac (Freshman; Clinton, SC) - Kingsborough carried the ball 33 times for 238 yards for a 7.2 yards per carry average and also scored two touchdowns for the Thunder.
Defensive Players of the Week:
FS Adam Telander, Itasca (Sophomore; Middle River, MN) - Telander collected 21 total tackles (9 solo) and a forced fumble for the Vikings.
DB Landrian Gordon, Central Lakes (Freshman; Grandview, MO) and FS Clayton Davis, Rochester (Sophomore; St. Louis, MO) - Gordon had 4 tackles (3 solo) and 2 interceptions in the Raiders win last week. Davis had 2 interceptions and 2 tackles last week in the Yellowjackets win last week.
MIDWEST FOOTBALL CONFERENCE
RB Anthony Stewart, Joliet Junior College (Soph.) - Anthony Stewart from Joliet Junior College is the Midwest Football Conference athlete of the week. Stewart helped the Wolves to a 21-14 win over NIACC. He had 24 carries for 168 yards for an average of 7 yards per carry. He also had 1 touchdown and 4 receptions for 36 years for a total of 204 yards in the game. Stewart is a Sophomore out of Plainfield, IL. In high school, he received All-Conference honors and was also a Preseason 2nd Team All-American. Stewart's future plans are to transfer to a four year school and major in Business.
NORTHEAST FOOTBALL CONFERENCE
Offensive Player of the Week:
Eugene Cooper: Hudson Valley CC - Cooper caught six passes for 101 yards in the Vikings 21-7 victory over Alfred State. He caught touchdown passes of 23 and 59 yards. He also set up the Vikings first touchdown of the game with a 39-yard kickoff return.
Honorable Mention: Kory Chambers (Dean) and Donald Jones (Lackawanna)
Defensive Players of the Week:
Terrance Onyiuke: Lackawanna - Onyiuke had 12 tackles in the Falcons 56-17 victory over Navy Prep. He also was credited with two sacks and three tackles for a loss.
Honorable Mention: Nick Monroe (ASC), Chad Jordan (Dean), Leroy George (HVCC)
Special Teams Player of the Week:
Terrance Farris: Dean - Farris had four solo tackles and a fumble recovery in Dean’s 26-8 victory over Bryant JV. He also returned a blocked PAT attempt 90-yard for the two-point conversion.
Honorable Mention: Bayshawn Wells (HVCC)
WSFL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offensive Player of the Week:
Zac Hulse, Glendale - Hulse ran for 260 yards and two touchdowns in a 34-13 win over Pima. Hulse also caught a pass for 18 yards.
Defensive Player of the Week:
Saia Taufa, Phoenix and Rico Brooks, Eastern Arizona
Taufa had 13 tackles, broke up two passes and had two tackles for losses in the Bears 30-13 win over Arizona Western.
Brooks also had 13 tackles and posted four tackles for a loss in helping the Gila Monsters remain unbeaten with a 28-7 win over Scottsdale.
WESTERN STATE CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offensive Players of the Week:
RUNNING BACK Fred Winborn, Canyons - Fred Winborn had an outstanding game for the Cougars. Fred carried 20 times for 280 yards and 4 TDs. Fred is a 6-0, 200 lb. freshman from Grant High School.
RUNNING BACK Andre Cirino, Allan Hancock - Andre Cirino won the award for the second time. Andre carried 25 times for 112 yards and 1 TD. Andre is a 6-4, 236 lb. sophomore from Staten Island, New York.
RUNNING BACK James Walker, Moorpark - James Walker had an outstanding game for the Raiders. James carried 34 times for 198 yards and 3 TDs. James is a 5-10, 185 lb. freshman from Bridgewater, New Jersey.
QUARTERBACK Andrew Miramontes, Canyons - Andrew Miramontes won the award for the second time. Andrew completed 24 of 36 passes for 346 yards and 1 TD. Andrew is a 6-2, 215 lb. sophomore from Birmingham High School.
Defensive Players of the Week:
LINEBACKER William Roundtree, Allan Hancock - William Roundtree won the award for the first time. William had 11 tackles (7 unassisted), 1 tackle for a loss and 2 pass breakups. William is a 5-10, 195 lb. sophomore from Ocala, Florida.
LINEBACKER Anthony Kahill, L.A. Valley - Anthony Kahill had an outstanding game for the Monarchs. Anthony had 7 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss and 1 interception. Anthony is a 6-3, 225 lb. sophomore from Cincinnati, Ohio.
DEFENSIVE LINE Grant Valentine, Glendale - Grant Valentine had an outstanding game for the Vaqueros. Grant had 9 tackles, 1 sack, 1 tackle for a loss, 2 hurries and 1 fumble recovery. Grant is a 6-3, 235 lb. sophomore from Burbank High School.
- Patrick Patterson (Bakersfield) carried 11 times for 91 yards.
- Wallace Belvin (Bakersfield) had 7 tackles (5 unassisted) and 1 tackle for a loss.
- Cedric Rainey (Bakersfield) had 5 unassisted tackles and 1 tackle for a loss.
- Tyrell Munnerlyn (Allan Hancock) caught 6 passes for 89 yards.
- George Henry (Allan Hancock) 2 receptions for 77 yards and 1 TD of 74 yards.
- Hayo Carpenter (Canyons) caught 11 passes for 171 yards.
- Jason Pierre-Paul (Canyons) had 12 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2 tackles for loss, 1 pass breakup and 2 blocked PATs.
- Earl Ford (L.A. Harbor) carried 21 times for 91 yards and 1 TD.
- Andrew Trudnowski (L.A. Harbor) completed 16 of 34 passes for 235 yards and 3 TDs.
- Travis Terry (L.A. Harbor) had 4 tackles (3 unassisted), 1 tackle for a loss and 1 sack.
- Josh Nesbitt (Glendale) had 9 tackles, 1 interception and 1 pass breakup.
- John Young (Glendale) had 8 tackles (5 unassisted) and 1 pass breakup.
- Jason Barbic (Glendale) had 7 tackles.
- Daniel Wolverton (Moorpark) caught 5 passes for 76 yards and 1 TD.
- Josh Douglas (Moorpark) had 11 tackles (8 unassisted), 3 tackles for loss and 3 sacks.
- Anthony Evans (Moorpark) had 5 unassisted tackles.
- Gabriel Bostic (Ventura) carried 19 times for 137 yards.
- Billy Peters (Ventura) completed 11 of 27 passes for 246 yards and 1 TD.
- Jordan Cameron (Ventura) caught 3 passes for 91 yards.
- Chris Golder (Ventura) had 11 tackles (8 unassisted) and 1 tackle for a loss.
- Dudley LaPorte (Santa Barbara) caught 7 passes for 138 yards and 1 TD.
- Ferrari Welch (Santa Barbara) had 12 tackles.
- Randon Nunez (Santa Barbara) had 10 tackles, 2 tackles for loss and 1 sack.
- James Walker (L.A. Valley) carried 21 times for 115 yards.
- Anthony Dickson (L.A. Valley) carried 21 times for 77 yards.
- Sione Fale'ofa (L.A. Valley) had 7 tackles and 3 tackles for loss.
- Torrey Harkness (L.A. Southwest) completed 20 of 34 passes for 228 yards and 1 TD.
- George Smith (L.A. Southwest) caught 8 passes for 101 yards and 1 TD.
- Saul Jimenez (East Los Angeles) had 7 tackles.
- Tramond Windsor (East Los Angeles) had 6 unassisted tackles and 1 pass breakup.
- Bernard Williams (East Los Angeles) had 6 tackles (5 unassisted), 1 interception and 1 pass breakup.
- Kyle Parrish (Compton) completed 16 of 33 passes for 165 yards and 1 TD.
- Erik Khosh (Compton) had 7 tackles and 2 tackles for a loss.
- Ryan Henry (West L.A.) caught 12 passes for 184 yards.
- Kyle Augustin (West L.A.) had 12 tackles (10 unassisted), 2 tackles for a loss, 1 caused fumble and 1 pass breakup. Will Hollins (West L.A.) had 12 tackles, 2 tackles for loss and 2 sacks.
MISSION CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
El Camino College quarterback Boo Jackson, Santa Ana College defensive back David Allen, and Mt. San Antonio College kicker Jeremy Gener have been named Week 4 Mission Football Conference Players of the Week for their performances on the field.
Jackson (QB, 6-2, 200, So., Lompac HS) had a nearly perfect afternoon passing to earn offensive player of the week honors. Jackson completed 10 of 13 passes for 272 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions to lead El Camino to its 31-26 win at Mt. San Antonio.
Allen (DB, 5-11, 200, So, Fullerton HS) had a pair of second-half interceptions to halt two Orange Coast College drives in Santa Ana's 21-17 win. He also added three tackles on his way to defensive player of the week honors.
Gener (K, 5-11, 190, So., Bishop Amat HS) had a productive day kicking to earn special teams player of the week honors. Gener was perfect on all four of his scoring kicks, going 2 for 2 on field goals (26, 32 yards) and 2 for 2 on PATs to total eight points in Mt. SAC's loss to El Camino.
- Lorenzo Goode, RB, 5-11, 190, So., Hermitage (VA) HS/Allan Hancock College --- 23 carries 114 yards
- Michael Terry, LB, 6-0, 240, So., Bell Gardens HS --- 5 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, 2 pass breakups, interception (17 yards), QB sack
- BG Walters, CB, 5-9, 185, So., Dwyer (FL) HS/Allan Hancock College --- 5 tackles, FF, pass breakup, fumble recovery, 3 PR for 25 yards, KOR 24 yards
- Junior Tivao, LB/FB, 6-0, 245, Fr., Paramount HS --- Seven tackles, 2 pass breakups, forced fumble, QB hurry, two carries, 7 yards 2 TD (4, 3)
- Davion Mauldin, CB, 6-0, 180, So., Cimarron Memorial (NV) HS/Minor (ND) State --- 8 tackles (4 solo)
- Verran Tucker, WR, 6-2, 190, So., Fairfax HS -- 3 catches, 114 yards, 1 TD, 49 long
- Partrick Hill, FB, 5-11, 245, So., Fairfax HS -- 9 carries, 63 yards, 24 long
- Lamar Chapman, CB, 5-9, 170, So., Compton HS -- 10 tackles, 8 solo, 3 deflections, fumble, 1 extra effort
- Kaipo Sarkissian, LB, 6-1, 235, So., Kamehameha, HI -- 8 tackles, 3 solo
- Davy Gnodle, DE, 6-4, 240, So., Carson HS -- 10 tackles, 2 solo, 2 QB hurries, 1 QB sack
- Chris Williams, FS, 6-2, 200, So., Leuzinger HS -- 9 tackles, 4 solo, 2 deflections
- Rashad Chambers, WR, 6-3, 210, So., Valencia HS --- 6 catches for 62 yards
- Matt Estrada, DB, 6-0, 180, Fr., La Habra HS --- 13 tackles, 7 solo, 6 assists
- Kyle Olson, P/QB, 6-2, 210, So., Kennedy HS --- 6 punts for 223 yards
- Shane Webber, P, 5-9, 190, So., Huntington Beach, CA/Fountain Valley HS --- 8 Punts for 314 yards and a 39.2 yard average.
- Aron Lewis, WR, 6-1, 180, So., Downey, CA/Artesia HS --- 7 receptions for 92 yards, including a 40-yard TD
- Dustin Abrams, K/P, 6-1, 185, Fr., Los Alamitos, CA/Los Alamitos HS --- 5 punts for 202 yards (40.4 avg), including two inside the 20
- Curtis Thompson, CB, 5-11, 165, So., Long Beach, CA/Poly HS --- 12 tackles (4 solo), blocked a PAT kick
- Jonte Stroud, LB, 6-2, 220, So., Warren, OH/Harding HS --- 10 tackles (4 solo, 2 TFL), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass break up
MT. SAN ANTONIO
- Kevin Craft, QB, 6-5, 215, So., Valley Center HS --- Threw for 391 yards and 2 TDs on 25 of 44 passing, no interceptions
- Shaun Mohler, LB, 6-3, 220, So., Corona Del Mar --- 8 solo tackles 5 assisted tackles 4.5 tackles for a loss
- Shad Bachtal, DB, 5-9, 165, Fr., Mission Viejo --- 3 solo 4 assists
- Mike Marowitz, LB, 510, 215, So., Dana Hills --- 4 solo 3 assists 2.5 tackles for loss
- Donnell Fulford, RB, 5-10, 220, So, Temecula Chaparral HS --- 100 yards and 1 TD on 19 carries
- Hunter Wanket, QB, 6-4, 220, So, Torrey Pines HS --- 18-25-0 1 TD for 210 yards 49 yards rushing on 13 carries
- Kyle Hill, WR, 5-10, 198, So, Oceanside HS --- 5 receptions for 53 yards, 2 kickoff returns for 36 yards
- Leilyoh Myers, RB, 6-0, 205, Fr, Linwood HS --- 3 touchdown runs (2, 2 and 1 yard)
- Mike Bethea, MLB, 6-3, 240, So, La Costa Canyon HS --- 9 tackles, 1 interception to set up a touchdown, 1 fumble recovery
- Michael Wright, CB, 5-10, 175, So, Vista HS / Montana State University) --- 7 tackles, 1 broken-up pass, 1 quarterback hurry
- Zach Falldorf, NT, 5-11, 245, Fr, Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) --- Had 2 sacks, 5 tackles in PCC's 34-0 shutout over Golden West
- Terell Carr, CB, 5-9, 170, So, Charles Page, Sand Springs, Oklahoma) --- 4 tackles and 4 pass breakups
- Jason Scott, LB, 5-10, 200, So, Ayala HS --- 7 tackles, 1 pass breakup
- Marcus Anderson, KR/WR, 5-7, 170, So, Lyndon Johnson (Austin, Texas) --- totaled 192 all-purpose yards, including 136 yards in 7 punt returns. Had a 77-yard TD punt return called back on a penalty (netted 52 yards on the play).
- David Reed, WR, 6-0, 180, So, New London (Connecticut) --- 6 receptions for 114 yards, including 59-yard pass and run for a TD on the game's first offensive play and a 2-point conversion reception
- Jameel Murry, S, 5-11, 185, Fr, Jordan --- 14 tackles, 5 solo
- Brian McKnight, S, 6-0, 175, So, Santiago --- 11 tackles, 5 solo
- Shane McComb, LB, 5-10, 215, So, Hemet --- 10 tackles, 3 solo and a tackle for a loss
- Mike Reynolds, LB, 6-1, 225, So, ML King --- 9 tackles, 4 solo
- Maurice Clark, WR, 6-4, 215, So, Temescal Canyon HS --- 5 receptions for 117 yards, including a 40-yard touchdown reception.
- Brian Shrock, QB, 6-0, 190, Fr, Edison HS --- was 22-for-34 for 408 yards and 2 touchdowns. Also netted 46 rushing yards. He becomes only the fifth Saddleback quarterback to throw for over 400 yards in a single game, edging Colt Brennan’s best game by 2 yards.
- Jimmy Flanagan, WR, 6-0, 190, So, Edison HS --- caught 3 passes for 94 yards, including a 75 yard touchdown.
- Mikah Pada, CB, 5-9, 175, So, Kealakehe HS (Kona, HI) --- posted 10 tackles (7 solo) and added a pass break up and a fumble recovery.
- Mark Berry, LB, 6-0, 210, Fr, Granit Bay HS --- posted 10 tackles and forced a fumble on the Saddleback 32-yard line to stop a 12-play drive by the Hornets late in the first half.
- Danny Urias, SS, 6-2, 215, So, Laguna Hills HS --- also posted 10 tackles and was in on 3 tackles for lost yardage, including a 14-yard sack.
- Bryson Kelly, RB, 6-2, 215, Fr, Kamiak HS (WA) --- 19 carries 100 yds 1 TD
- Cody Hilgenberg, LB, 5-11, 210, Fr, El Dorado HS --- 3 extra points
FOOTHILL CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
WR Robert Anderson (Fr., Charter Oak H.S.) - 6 receptions for 73 yards, 2 TD
LB DeMorris Brooks (So., Shelby (N.C.)) - 15 Tackles (five for loss) and one sack.
LB Eric Leon (6-2, 230, FR, Rosamond) - 13 tackles, six of those solo, four tackles for a loss, two sacks for 18 yards, forced a fumble and broke up three passes.
RB Aaron Wilson (5-8, 205, SO, Lancaster) - 15 carries for 148 yards including a 64-yard touchdown.
K Ret Terrance Shepard (WR, 5-11, 175, FR, Palmdale) - Returned the only Eagle kickoff 85 yards for a touchdown to open the second half
Bret Haase (6-2, 175, So., Monte Vista) - Kicked 3 field goals; averaged 60.8 on 5 kickoffs and placed 2 punts inside the 20.
DL Ryan Glazer (6-3, 275, So., Grossmont) - Had 4 tackles for losses, including one for a safety.
DL Magnum Mauga (6-0, 289, So., Helix) - Had 6 tackles, including 2 for losses and an interception.
LB Brian Ray (6-0, 220, Fr., Serra) - Returned an interception for a TD (his second defensive TD of the year) and recorded 7 tackles.
LB Kayman Sutton (6-0, 205, Fr., Creekside, Ga.) - Recorded 7 tackles, including one for a safety.
RB Kenslow Smith (Helix High School 5-9, 200 lbs, Fr.) - 22 Rushes for 147 Yards and 3 TDs
Edgar Theliar - 3 TDs, 141 recieving yards, 7 catches.
Undre Sails - 140 yards rushing, 2 TDs 1 catch for 13 yards.
DE Jarvis Geathers #56 - 5 solo tackles, 3 assists, 1.5 tackle for loss, 3 blocked passes, 2 sacks.
QB Brett Williamson #8 - 140 rushing yards
FB Neville Bryce #25 - 156 rushing yards
Anthony Connor, RB (5-11, 180, FROSH, HOUSTON, TX) - 22 carries for101 yards, 2 TDs.
Taylor Clements, WR (5-10, 185, SOPH, CHICO, CA) - 5 catches for 82 yards, 2 TDs.
Nick Paden, LB (6-3, 235, SOPH, FOLSOM, CA) - 12 tackles, 1 forced fumble.
David Sims, S (5-11, 205, SOPH, GAINSEVILLE, FLA) - 6 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FR, and a PBU.
WR Kevion Jones - 5 Catches for 100 yards, 4 rushes for 53 yards, 37 yards of punt returns for a total of 190 total yards and 1 TD.
RB Ronnie Haren - 16 carries 94 yards and 3 TDs.
LB Andre Portis, 6-3, 240 - 5 Tackles 1 TFL, 1 FF, 1 FR.
LB Kurt Filler, 6-3, 230 - 8 tackles, 1 sack.
CB Eric Merrida, 5-9, 180 - 4 tackles, 1 INT, 1 PBU.
Foothill kicker Blake Dorchak broke the school career record for most points by a kicker. With 30 seconds to go in the 2nd quarter, Dorchak kicked an extra point on Sept. 15 @ Visalia. This point broke the late Dudley Moore's (1993-94) record of 104 points. Currently, Dorchak (113 points) is on pace for 153 career points at the end of the 2007 season, 9 points shy of RB Johnnie Gray's (1998-99) record of 162 points.
OTHER NORTHERN CALIFORNIA STATS OF NOTE
WR Demario Ballard - 5 catches for 97 yards with 2 TDs.
DB Ed Smith - 11.5 tackles, 1 blocked FG.
DE Jon Johnson - 8.5 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack.
DB Trent George - 9 tackles, 1 TFL
RB Steve Savage, SO - 25 carries 150 yards rushing, 1 TD vs. Butte.
FS Scott Armstead, FR - 9 solo, 9 asst., 18 total, 1 TFL, 1 FR.
WR/KR Ellis Krout - 5 Rec/80 yds, 1 TD, 1 KOR for 50 yds.
RB Tim Lango - 16 carries for 88 yds.
PK Michael Blewett - 2-2 PAT, 43-yd. FG
WR Michael Lindsey - 6 receptions for 76 yards and a TD. 2 kick returns for 48 yards.
KR Kevin Williams - 3 kick returns for 146 yards including an 85 yarder for a TD.
Bryant Moniz (6-0, 185) and Derek Shaw (6-3, 205) shared the quarterbacking duties and were a combined 23-37 for 279 yds. one TD, one INT. Freshman wide receiver Sherman Lang (6-0, 170) caught 8 passes for 102 yards, 0 TDs. Freshman running back Raymond Neal (5-9, 195) ran 14 times for 99 yds. including a 20 yd. TD run. Defensively, the Rams were led by sophomore linebacker Caleb Hale (6-3, 225) who was in on nine tackles including a sack. Hale also applied constant pressure throughout the game.