NJCAA PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Oct. 17, 2007)- Mike Septh (Alfred State College), JaMichael Hall (Mesa Community College) and Troy Seivwright-Adams (New Mexico Military Institute) have been named NJCAA Football Players of the Week for games through October 14.
Steph is Offensive Player of the Week, Hall was selected as Defensive Player of the Week, while Seivwright-Adams is the Special Teams Player of the Week.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Mike Septh, Alfred State College (N.Y.)
Wide Receiver; Monroe, N.Y. / Monroe Woodbury High School
Septh led Alfred State to a 27-6 win over Berean Institute on October 13th. He had seven receptions for 127 yards. Two of his receptions were for touchdowns. Septh has now gone over 100 yards receiving in five games this season. For the season he has 32 receptions for 747 yards (2nd in NJCAA) and nine touchdowns (4th in NJCAA).
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JaMichael Hall, Mesa Community College (Ariz.)
Strong Safety; Anniston, Ala.
Hall was a one-man wrecking crew in Mesa's 45-6 thumping of Phoenix College on Oct. 13th. He tallied eight total tackles and intercepted two passes, returning one of his picks 36 yards for a touchdown. He also had one pass break up and a tackle for loss that resulted in a safety.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Troy Seivwright-Adams, New Mexico Military Institute
Kick Return/Punt Return; Toronto, Canada / Pickering Secondary School
Seivwright-Adams had a big day for the Broncos last Saturday in a 51-27 win over Pima Community College. He returned three punts for 82 yards (27.3 avg), including a 55-yard return for his second punt return touchdown of the season. He also returned two kickoffs for 39 yards (19.5 avg).
SOUTHWEST PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offensive: Jocques Crawford, RB, Cisco: Crawford rushed for 179 yards and 2 TDs on 31 carries and added
an 11-yard run as Cisco subdued Navarro, 28-14.
Defensive: Sterling Lewis, LB, Blinn: Lewis had 5 tackles, 2 sacks and an interception as Blinn defeated NEO,
Special Teams: Brian Day, P, Cisco: Day averaged 42 yards per punt, and nailed 6 inside the 20 (4 inside the 5
and 2 at the 1-yard-line).
Other Players of Note:
- Jocques Crawford, RB, Cisco - Crawford rushed for 179 yards on 31 carries and 2 TDs. He also had 1 catch for 11 yards.
- J. Washington, DB, Cisco - Washington had 9 solo tackles, 6 unassisted tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 sack and 1 interception.
- Andrew Mellencamp, QB, Cisco - Mellencamp completed 12 of 20 passes for 153 yards and 2 TDs.
- Dorian Williams, WR, Cisco - Williams had 4 catches for 55 yards and a TD.
- Cornelius Shackleford, RB, Kilgore - Shackleford rushed for 101 yards on 20 carries in the Rangers' 34-6 win over Trinity Valley.
- Kurt Rossum, DB, Kilgore - Rossum intercepted his fourth pass of the season and had 7 tackles and 3 pass breakups.
- Terrance Cain, QB, Blinn - Cain completed 24 of 40 passes for 266 yards and 2 TDs and added 1 TD run.
- Sterling Lewis, LB, Blinn - Lewis had 5 tackles, 2 sacks and an interception for the Bucs.
- Nathan Marshall, Blinn - Marshall had 9 tackles, 1 sack and 2 tackles for loss.
- Husani Sallah, Blinn - Sallah returned an interception 80 yards for a TD and added 3 tackles for Blinn.
- Alonzo Adams, WR, Tyler - Adams caught 10 passes for 38 yards and 2 TDs in Tyler's 52-13 win over Arkansas Baptist.
- George Pierson, P, Tyler - Pierson launched a conference-high 75-yard punt.
- Jake King, K, Tyler - King drilled all 7 of his extra points and 1 field goal.
- Jeremy Brown, RB, Tyler - Brown rushed for 96 yards and a TD on only 11 carries in the win over Arkansas Baptist.
MISSISSIPPI PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Offense: Gulf Coast tailback Demond Washington (23 carries for 169 yards and 1 TD)
Defense: East Mississippi linebacker Jermarcus Thedford (15 tackles, one for loss, 1 sack)
Special Teams: Mississippi Delta tailback Gary Lewis (6 kickoff returns for 209 yards, 2 punt returns for 66
yards and 1 TD)
MINNESOTA PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
QB Jerrick Jenkins, Vermilion (Freshman; Philadelphia, PA): Jenkins led the Ironmen to a 33-28 win by throwing for 195 yards and three touchdown passes and ran for one touchdown all in the second half.
WR Garin Gardner, MSCTC-Fergus Falls (Freshman; Baltimore, MD): Gardner had seven catches for 156 yards including touchdown catches of twenty-four and forty-two yards for the Spartans.
DB Brandon Richardson, Northland (Columbia, MD): Richardson had one interception, one fumble recovery for a touchdown for the Pioneers.
LB Howard Copeland, Minnesota West (Freshman; Detroit, MI): Copeland last week had sixteen tackles (eleven solo) and three sacks and a fumble recovery in their win over Fond Du Lac.
KANSAS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Troy Epps, DT, Coffeyville: Epps (6-1, 280; Union, S.C.) fumble recovery was on the Independence eight yard line in the third quarter and led to the game winning touchdown. Epps was also credited with three QB hurries.
LAST WEEK IN KANSAS (we didn't send a report)...
WR Anthony Riley (5-9, 165; Olathe, KS; Soph.), Fort Scott: 9 catches for 150 yards and 1 touchdown
WR/PK/P Cameron Kenney (Dacula, GA; Fresh.), Garden City: Scored team's first 20 points; 5 catches for 73 yards and a touchdown; 2 rushes for 78 yards; 4 of 4 on PATs; 2 of 2 on FGs; 42-yard punting average
FS Jamail Berry (6-0, 195; New Castle, DE; Fresh.), Coffeyville: First interception was returned 37 yards to the Butler 14 and led to a FG. Second interception was returned 25 yards to the Butler 11, but the drive ended on a Coffeyville fumble at the Butler 2.
DB Dustin Moomau (6-1, 190; Olathe, KS; Soph.), Coffeyville: Moomau was credited with two blocked punts. The first block was recovered on the Butler 1 yard line and led on the next play to Coffeyville's lone TD of the game
LB Antonio Charles (5-10, 210; Sarasota, FL; Soph.), Fort Scott: 7 solos, 2 asst., 1 TFL, .5 Sack, 1 fumble recovery returned 90 yards for a TD.
LB J.R. Bryant (6-3, 228; Jessup, GA; Soph.), Garden City: 7 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, 1 QB sack, 1 blocked punt
DT Brett Spresser (6-3, 260; Guy, KS; Fresh.), Garden City: 5 Solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, 1.5 QB Sacks for a loss of 18 yards, 1 tackle for loss of 6 yards
WSFL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Houston Erbstroesser, Snow: Snow College's Houston Erbstroesser is the WSFL Offensive Player of the Week. Erbstroesser was 19-for-28 for 236 yards and four touchdowns as the Badgers defeated Glendale 45-14.
JaMichael Hall, Mesa: Mesa's JaMichael Hall is the WSFL Defensive Player of the Week. Hall had eight tackles and two interceptions. He returned one of the interceptions for a touchdown and also scored a safety as the Thunderbirds defeated Phoenix College 45-6.
Troy Seivwright-Adams, New Mexico Military: NMMI's Troy Seivwright-Adams is the WSFL Special Teams Player of the Week. Seivwright-Adams had a 55-yard punt return for a touchdown, his second return for a TD on the year. The Broncos defeated Pima 51-27.
NORTHEAST PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Chris Griggs, Dean & AJ McKenna, Lackawanna: Griggs rushed for 174 yards on 17 carries for Dean as they downed Erie CC 44-7. He scored three rushing TD's on runs of 4, 17, and 5 yards and caught a 5-yard TD pass. McKenna was 12 of 19 for 205 yards in the Falcons 21-6 victory over Army Prep. He threw TD passes of 41, 28, and 33 yards.
Honorable Mention: Mike Septh (ASC), Anthony Rodriguez (Dean), William Johnson (Lackawanna), & Bloi Dei Dorzon (Lackawanna)
Michael McDonald, Lackawanna: McDonald recorded nine solo tackles and three sacks in the Falcons win over Army Prep. He sacks resulted in a loss of 27 yards.
Honorable Mention: John Chisolm (ASC), & Terrance Farris (Dean)
Pat Skelton, Dean: Skelton was 4 for 4 in PAT attempts and connected on a 24-yard field goal as the Bulldogs downed Erie CC 44-7.
Honorable Mention: Nick Carr (HVCC)
MIDWEST PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Deonte Ball, DB, Joliet Junior College: Ball, a 6-0, 185-pound freshman defensive back, helped the Wolves to a (40-14) victory over NCAA Division II Central State's varsity team. Deonte had 7 tackles and 2 interceptions in the game along with 2 batted down balls and a pair of hard hits that caused incomplete plays for the offense. Ball is originally from Bolingbrook, IL, and his future plans are to transfer to a four-year school and major in Business.
MISSION CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Mt. San Antonio College wide receiver Aiona Key, Riverside Community College outside linebacker Cary Overholt, and Palomar College strong safety Damon De Luca have been named Week 6 Mission Football Conference Players of the Week for their performances on the field.
Key (WR, 6-4, 200, So., Mesa Verde HS) came up big with two fourth-quarter touchdown receptions to lead Mt. SAC to a 26-25 upset win over Pasadena. Key totaled 112 yards on six catches. He hauled in a 15-yard TD with 5:15 left in the fourth and the game-winner, a 34-yard catch, with 38 seconds left to earn offensive player of the week honors.
Overholt (OLB, 6-0, 200, So, Arrowhead Christian HS) had an outstanding game defensively in Riverside's 24-14 loss to Saddleback. Overholt totaled 11 tackles (8 solo), including three tackles for losses (15 yards). He also forced two fumbles and posted two quarterback sacks.
De Luca (SS, 5-10, 190, Fr., La Costa Canyon HS) made some big special teams plays in Palomar's 22-10 win against Orange Coast. De Luca's blocked a punt to set up a field goal. He ran for 30 yards on a fake punt for a Palomar first down at the OCC 12-yard line. De Luca also added a 20-yard punt return.
- Doncel Bolt, LB, 6-3, 250, Fr., Long Beach Poly HS -- 13 tackles
- Michael Terry, LB, 6-0, 240, So., Bell Gardens HS -- 8 tackles (4 solo), 2 tackles for loss (15 yards), 2 QB sacks (15 yards), forced fumble, pass break-up, QB hurry
- Kirt Puletasi, LB, 6-2, 240, Fr., Long Beach Jordan HS -- 8 tackles, 5 QB hurries, interception (8 yards)
- Lorenzo Goode, RB, 5-11, 190, So., (Hermitage, VA HS/Allan Hancock College) -- 23 carries, 112 yards
- BG Walters, KR/DB, 5-9, 185, So., Dwyer (FL HS/Allan Hancock College) -- 3 KOR 68 yards (Long 40), 5 tackles (4 solo)
- Boo Jackson, QB, 6-2, 200, So., Lompac HS - 75% completion percentage, 15-of-20 passes, 182 yards, 1 TD
- Corey Surrency, WR, 6-4, 215, So., Southridge, FL - 1 TD on 24-yard reverse, 4 receptions, 48 yards, 18 long, 3 big blocks
- Simi Kuli, DE, 6-4, 270, So., Hawthorne HS - 6 tackles, 1 solo, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 3 QBHs
- Marquis Avery, WR, SO, 6-4, 190, Savanna HS -- 8 receptions 127 yards
- Kyle Olson, QB, SO, 6-2, 210 SO, Kennedy HS -- 25 atts, 16 comps -0 ints, 206 yards 2 passing TD
- Brandon Edwards, RB, SO, 5-9, 195, Diamond Ranch HS -- 4 rushes for 45 yards, 1 rushing TD; 1 catch for 14 yards and 1 receiving TD
- Gary Rogers, LB, SO, 6-2, 225, Esperanza HS -- 9 tackles; 6 solo 3 assisted; 1 sack for a safety
- Ryan Shinar, DL, 6-4, 270, SO, Long Beach, CA/Millikan HS -- 5 Tackles, 1 assist, 1 hurry, 1 sack, 1 batted pass, 1 tackle for loss.
- Dan Delahoussaye, WR, 6-0, 181, SO, Westminster, CA/Westminster HS -- 9 catches for 115 yards, 3 punt returns for 43 yards.
- Bryan Braman, DE, 6-7, 245, Fr., Spokane, WA/Shadle Park HS -- 17 total tackles (10 solo), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
- Don Tupou, DB, 5-11, 185, So., Long Beach, CA/Jordan HS -- 9 total tackles (7 solo), 2 sacks, 3 TFL
MT. SAN ANTONIO
- Kevin Craft, QB, 6-5, 215, SO, Valley Center - 31-15-1 for 218 yards and 2 TD
- Tyrell Irvin, LB, 6-1, 215, FR, Eaglecrest (CO) - 11 solo tackles and 7 ast. tackles 2 for losses and 1 sack
- Eugene Germany, DE, 6-4, 275, SO, Pomona - 4 solo tackles and 1 ast. tackle 2 for losses, 1 sack
- Ricky Parkhouse, P, 5-10, 165, SO, Walnut - 5 punts 46.2 Avg. Long of 72 yards with 3 inside the 20
- Jeremy Gener, K, 5-11, 190, SO, Bishop Amat - 2 field goals with a long of 38 and 3 PAT including the game winner
- Shad Baichtal, DB, 5-10, 180, Fr, Mission Viejo HS -- 6 solo 3 asststs 1 Interception (3rd total)
- Dean De Leone, DE, 6-3, 235, Fr, Park City HS (UT) -- 4 solo 5 assists 1.5 tackles for loss .5 sack
- London Sapolu, DT, 6-1, 275, Fr, Costa Mesa HS -- 1 solo 2 assists 1.5 tackles for loss 1.5 sacks
- Shaun Mohler, LB, 6-2, 225, So, Corona Del Mar HS -- 8 solo 5 assists 2.5 tackles for loss 1 sack
- Leilyon Myers, 6-0, 205, Fr, RB, Lynwood HS -- 109 yards and 1 TD rushing on 24 carries
- Kyle Hill, 5-10, 198, So., WR, Oceanside HS -- 105 all-purpose yards (5 receptions for 49 yards, 2 punt returns for 48 yards, 1 carry for 8 yards)
- Bubba Pugh, 6-2, 210, Fr., OLB, Rancho Buena Vista HS -- Tackled OCC quarterback Sean Hakes in the end zone for a safety, 4 tackles, 2 tackles for losses, 1.5 sacks for 13 yards, 1 quarterback hurry
- Mike Bethea, 6-3, 240, So., MLB, La Costa Canyon HS -- 8 tackles, 1 tackle for loss
- Loa Madon, 5-9, 200, Fr., S, Vista HS -- 7 tackles (5 solo), 1 tackle for loss
- Willie Watters, 6-2, 240, So., OLB, Cherry Creek (CO) HS / University of Montana -- 5 tackles, 1 tackle for loss
- David Pittman, QB, 5-11, 185, So, Brookwood HS (Snellville, Georgia) -- Became the college's all-time leading passer, now with 4,895 yards, completed 33 of 52 passes for 374 yards, 1 TD, added 43 yards net rushing and 1 TD. In 16 games he broke every single PCC passing record for career and for games. Passed Joe Phears (1994-95) as PCC's top career passing leader (4,757)
- David Reed, WR, 6-0, 180, So, New London (Connecticut) -- Caught 11 passes for 169 yards to become PCC's career receptions and receiving yards leader, now with 97 catches for 1,623 yards, passing the achievements of Gavin Peries (1994-95) and doing this in only 14 games (8 last year) played thus far.
- Gabe Tuata, K/RB, 5-5, 180, Fr, Kealakehe (Kailua Kona, Hawaii) -- totaled 211 all-purpose yards, including a 60-yard TD run rushed for 89 yards in 8 carries, caught 8 passes for 106 yards, and a 16-yard kick return.
- Marcus Anderson, WR, 5-7, 170, So, Lyndon Johnson HS (Austin, Texas) -- Totaled 127 all-purpose yards, caught 6 for 75 yards and a 49-yard TD pass and scored on a 2-yard TD run, added 4 punt returns for 53 yards
- Ridge Jones, 5-8, 170, Fr, CB, Miami Jackson (Florida) -- his quarterback hit caused an interception, added a sack, and 4 tackles
- Daniel Bernal, Safety, 5-9, 160, Fr, Wilson (Hacienda Heights) -- team-high 11 tackles
- Jason Scott, LB, 5-10, 200, So, Ayala HS -- Made 10 tackles and broke up a pass
- Terell Carr, CB, 5-9, 170, So, Charles Page (Sand Springs, Oklahoma) -- Made his 4th interception to lead MC and added a breakup and 3 tackles
- Jamaal Scott, RB, 5-9, 175, So, San Bernardino HS -- 25 carried for 97 yards and a TD. 4 catches for 43 yards, 3 KOR for 81 yards.
- Jamell Murray, S, 5-11, 185, Fr, Jordan HS -- 2 solo tackles, 4 assists, tackle for a loss and an interception for a TD.
- Josh Ferrell, RB, 6-1, 260, Fr, San Clemente HS -- 9 carries for 60 yards and a touchdown along with 4 receptions for 47 yards and a touchdown.
- Aaron Brown, DB, 6-0, 205, Fr, Puyallup (WA) HS -- posted 6 tackles, including one for lost yardage, and returned a blocked punt 18 yards for a touchdown.
- Danny Urias, SS, 6-2, 215, So, Laguna Hills HS -- made 5 tackles, had an interception and returned it nine yards, had a sack and forced a fumble.
- Thomas Bauer, LB, 6-2, 240, So, Niwot HS (CO) -- had 4 tackles, including one for lost yardage, and an interception which he returned 51 yards to set up a Saddleback touchdown which tied the score in the second quarter.
- Jonathan Dawson, DB, 5-9, 200, So, Santa Margarita Catholic HS -- Dawson was credited with a blocked punt which Aaron Brown returned 18 yards for the go-ahead touchdown. Dawson also had two solo tackles on defense.
- Matt Cardenas WR, 6-1, 185, Fr, El Dorado HS -- Four catches 96 yards and one touchdown
- BJ Bell DL, 6-3, 245, Fr, Tustin HS -- Three sacks, five tackles and a fumble recovery
- Andrew Avina DB, 5-10, 200, So, Tustin HS -- One sack, five tackles and a forced fumble
- Phillip Van Holland RB, 5-10, 180, Fr, El Dorado HS -- Seven total returns, 92 yards, long of 43 yards
- Jeremiah Guzzi DB, 6-0, 210, So, La Habra HS -- Six punts for 209 yards, 34.8 average and three inside the 20
FOOTHILL CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
QB Blake Sutton (6-5, 215, So, West Hills): Returning from a 2-week hiatus due to injury, the redshirt sophomore made a difference, completing 19 of 37 passes for 291 yards and 5 TDs. He also contributed a 6th TD on a 1-yard run.
RB Chris Daniels (5-8, 170, Fr. Serra): Rushed for 120 yards and 1 TD on 20 carries; totaled 136 yards all-purpose.
WR/KR Elijah Brown (5-10, 165, Fr, West Hills): Amassed 262 all-purpose yards, including 5 pass receptions for 104 yards and 1 TD.
DB Darryl Feemster (5-10, 165, Fr, Hug (Nev.)): Made 6 tackles, had 4 pass breakups and an interception.
LB Tony Minnifield (6-2, 210, Fr, Steele Canyon): Had 7 tackles, forced a fumble and had one pass breakup.
K/P Bret Haase (6-2, 175, So, Monte Vista): Scored 10 points, including 7-for-7 on PATs and one field goal.
LB Eric Leon (6-2, 230, FR, Rosamond): Had 14 tackles, seven of those solo.
Punter Javi Navarro (5-9, 200, FR, Rosamond): Had seven punts for 267 yards, three of those inside the 10 and a fourth inside the 20 with a long punt of 54 yards.
QB Brent Rausch (6-4, 190 FR, CA Palm Springs) *Qualifier: Passed 4 TDs 21 of 28 completions for 249 yards, also rushed for 39 yards.
WR Keiton Mayes (5-9 180, SO, FL, Astronaut): 7 Catches for 45 yds, rushed for 2 times for 69 yards. Total yards 114
WR Edgar Theliar (6-2, 190, FR, FL, Manattee): 2 TDs, 108 receiving yards, 5 catches.
RB Undre Sails (5-8, 190 SO, AL, Marbury): 2 TDs, 108 rushing, 1 receiving TD for 10 yds. Total of 3 TDs
WR Quade Soffel (6-2, 210, SO, CA, Palm Springs): 6 catches 81 yrds, 1 rush for 15 yards. 96 yard total
LB Jason Luke (6-0, 225, FR, CA, 29 Palms): 4 solo tackles, 3 assists, 4 tackles for a loss, 1 pass breakup.
WESTERN STATE CONFERENCE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
WIDE RECEIVER - DUSTIN BLOUNT, Compton
Dustin Blount caught 16 passes for 284 yards and 2 TDs of 61 and 55 yards. Dustin is a 5-9, 165 lb. sophomore from Arroyo Valley High School.
RUNNING BACK - JAMES WALKER, Moorpark
James Walker had an outstanding game for the Raiders. James carried 16 times for 169 yards and 3 TDs of 63, 13 and 1 yard. James is a 5-10, 185 lb. sophomore from New Jersey.
QUARTERBACK - CASEY CATHCART, Allan Hancock
Casey Cathcart won the award for the first time. Casey completed 22 of 34 passes for 330 yards and 3 TDs of 36, 18 and 42 yards. Casey is a 6-1, 185 lb. sophomore from St. Joseph High School.
RUNNING BACK - ANTHONY DICKSON, L.A. Valley
Anthony Dickson carried 34 times for 128 yards and 2 TDs of 1 and 5 yards. Anthony is a 6-0, 205 lb. sophomore from Grant High School.
LINEBACKER - NATHAN GOLDIE, Santa Barbara
Nathan Goldie had an outstanding game for the Vaquero's. Nathan had 11 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss, 1 pass breakup and 1 hurry. Nathan is a 5-11, 207 lb. freshman from Live Oak High School.
DEFENSIVE LINE - DANIEL CALVIN, Bakersfield
Daniel Calvin had an outstanding game for the Renegades. Daniel had 7 tackles, 2 tackles for loss and 1 sack. Daniel is a 6-3, 322 lb. sophomore from Bakersfield High School.
BRUCE FRIESON (Bakersfield) carried 27 times for 147 yards.
PATRICK PATTERSON (Bakersfield) carried 16 times for 99 yards and 1 TD.
MARK JOHNSON (Bakersfield) had 5 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 1 caused fumble and 3 sacks.
FRED WINBORN (Canyons) carried 21 times for 124 yards and 1 TD.
MATT BROWN (Canyons) had 10 tackles, 1 sack and 1 fumble recovery.
ANDRE CIRINO (Allan Hancock) carried 15 times for 100 yards.
TYRELL MUNNERLYN (Allan Hancock) caught 9 passes for 190 yards and 2 TD's.
SAM GUILLIUME (Allan Hancock) had 9 tackles (7 unassisted), 3 tackles for loss and 1 sack.
DEMARCUS FLANAGAN (Citrus) had 12 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss and 1 sack.
DAMIAN JAMES (Citrus) had 9 tackles and 2 interceptions.
ANTHONY SUTTON (Citrus) had 8 tackles (7 unassisted).
PAUL CLARK (Citrus) had 8 tackles (5 unassisted), 1 tackle for a loss, 1 interception and 1 pass breakup.
DONALD OLIVER (Glendale) carried 12 times for76 yards.
GRANT VALENTINE (Glendale) had 12 tackles, 1 hurry and 1 recovered fumble which he returned for a 15-yard TD.
JAMES CLAY (Moorpark) carried 13 times for 92 yards.
JOSH DOUGLAS (Moorpark) had 7 tackles (6 unassisted), 2 tackles for loss, 1 fumble recovery, 1 sack and 1 hurry.
WES BEAVERS (Moorpark) had 6 tackles, 2 pass breakups and 1 hurry.
LEE MONDOL (Ventura) completed 14 of 21 passes for 151 yards and 1 TD.
EDWARD JAMES (Ventura) had 13 tackles (8 unassisted), 1 tackle for a loss and 1 pass breakup.
PATRICK HENGGLER (Ventura) had 7 tackles, 2 sacks and 1 tackle for a loss.
RANDON NUNEZ (Santa Barbara) had 10 tackles.
LOGAN HURN (Santa Barbara) had 9 tackles.
JON LATIMER (Santa Barbara) had 8 tackles (6 unassisted).
HAYO CARPENTER (Canyons) caught 4 passes for 91 yards and 1 TD.
JOSH STREID (L.A. Valley) had 9 tackles.
SIONE FALE'OFA (L.A. Valley) had 8 tackles (6 unassisted), 1 tackle for a loss and 1 sack.
ANTHONY KAHILL (L.A. Valley) had 6 tackles (5 unassisted) and 1 fumble recovery.
CLEVELAND DOTY (Compton) completed 16 of 25 passes for 279 yards and 3 TD's.
KYLE PARRISH (Compton) completed 18 of 23 passes for 175 yards and 1 TD.
STEVE TIROGENE (Compton) caught 11 passes for 139 yards and 2 TD's.
ANTHONY WILCOX (Compton) had 13 tackles and 1 pass breakup.
DARIUS HARRIS (L.A. Southwest) had 12 tackles (8 unassisted) and 1 fumble recovery.
TERRY WEBB (L.A. Southwest) had 6 tackles and 1 interception for a 82 yard TD.
DELANI WOODS (East Los Angeles) caught 3 passes for 110 yards and 2 TD's of 33 and 59 yards.
ALEX DELEON (East Los Angeles) had 14 tackles (8 unassisted) and 1 tackle for a loss.
RB Alex Green (6-2, 210, FR): Rushed for 104 yards on 14 carries against Santa Rosa.
WR/KR/PR Taylor Clements (5-10, 185, SO): Had 7 catches for 132 yards and a TD and 265 all-purpose yards.
FS David Sims (6-0, 210, SOHA): Had 16 tackles and a pass break up.
QB Greg Alexander, Santa Rosa: 18-39 for 307 yards, 4 TDs, 1 rushing TD. For the season Greg has tossed 29 TD passes with 1 interception.
WR Marty Ponzo, Santa Rosa: 5 receptions, 103 yards, 1 TD
WR Matt Larson, Santa Rosa: 5 receptions, 97 yards, 3 TDs
K Scott McKeon, Santa Rosa: 6-6 PAT, 1-1 FG, 39 yarder. For the season McKeon is 43-43 on PATs and 3-3 on FGs
DB/KR Clarence Ward, Santa Rosa: 90-yard KOR for TD to open the game. Ward’s 2nd KOR TD this season
DL John Shackford, Santa Rosa: 7 tackles, 2 QB sacks, 1 pass batted down
LB Hansen Sekona: 8 tackles
LB Kurt Filler: 1 sack, 5 tackles
DL Bernard Wolfgramm: 1 sack, 4 tackles
CB Rolando Oliver: 1 INT, 4 tackles
Derrick Watkins, RB: 21 carries for 122 yards, 1 TD
Dave Weld, WR: 120 all-purpose yards
Shane Scott, SS: 10 tackles, 1 TFL
Charlie Merlo, FS: 8 tackles, 1 TFL
Dana Henderson, CB: 6 tackles, 2 PBU
David Little, DE: 6 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks
Andrew Paik, LB: 6 tackles, 2 TFL
Edward Smith, FS: 5 tackles, 1 TFL, 2 INT, 2 breakups
Artez Faniel, CB: 6 tackles, 2 TFL
Robbie Chicano, LB: 6 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 sack, 2 breakups
Trevor Hoofard, DE: 4 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 FF, 1 sack
Taylor Young, WR: 6 catches for 152 yds., 1 TD
Sophomore linebacker Caleb Hale, 6-3, 225 (Chowchilla High), had a fine game in Rams 39-21 over West Hills on Homecoming night. He recorded eight tackles, three for losses, including two sacks for -11 yards. Caleb added two breakups. Hale is from the same high school that produced Cameron Worrell, DB, for the Chicago Bears in the last Super Bowl and now with the Miami Dolphins. Sophomore cornerback Lawrence Hood, 5-10, 180, (Fresno High) added another interception and 43 return yards. He has a team-leading 5 for 174 return yards and 3 TDs. Freshman d-lineman Reggie Brown, 6-2, 257, (Fresno) scooped up a fumble and ran 33 yards for a TD. He was in on four tackles, three for losses. The Rams defense has scored TDs in four of six games. Freshman quarterback Bryant Moniz, 6-0, 185 (Leilehua, Wahiawa,HI), was 13 of 27 for 168 yards and 2 TDs (18 and 58 yards), one INT. He ran 7 times for 60 yards including a 32-yard scamper for a TD to put the Rams up 39-14 with 13:42 remaining.
Lyndon Rowells, RB (Freshman): Ran 31 times for 310 yards in a win over Solano on Saturday. He broke a school record (268 yards). Caught 2 passes for 12 yards and return yardage of 32.