This year's events are being sponsored by Wilson Sporting Goods. Have you used the Wilson GST? If not, you'll have a chance at our combines - the GST is our OFFICIAL combine ball.
SPECIAL PARTNERSHIP WITH AIGA FOUNDATION!
JCFootball.com is very excited to partner with the AIGA Foundation for this year's SoCal combine. These guys know football combines and camps!
"AIGA is excited about working with JCFootball.com at the June 5 event at Occidental College. We anticipate a great camp and look forward to working with many of the prospects from the Southern California JCs," says AIGA director, George Malauulu.
About AIGA: The AIGA Foundation has been in the business of providing opportunity for student-athletes for over 13 years. AIGA which is a Samoan word meaing "Family" is the type of enviroment we build with everything we do. It takes a village to raise a family and that is why AIGA has been successful with training camps, combines, and educational programs since 1997. The AIGA Network consists of former student-athletes, teachers, community leaders, and corporate sponsors.
It's simple to register.
Participants should pre-register on the website or during week of the event - just sign up at the door. Cost is $30.00 either way.
Norcal - Check in starts at 9.
SoCal - Check in starts at 8:30.
This is the 10th year of JCFootball.com / JC Grid-Wire combines! Here are some reasons to attend:
1. If you're an unsigned sophomore looking for a home, then it's a no-brainer. Lots of schools seeking late signees are in regular communication with JCFootball.com - we have referred hundreds of athletes to four-year schools nationwide. Many schools receive the results from JCFootball.com as well as player contact information. The only reason NOT to attend is if your grades won't allow you to graduate by the end of summer or if you're injured.
2. Freshman should attend because the combines will provide significant exposure. Our All-Combine teams highlight the top performers, by position, at each event as well as the best overall performers. Nearly every four-year school in the country that recruits JC prospects will get the All-Combine team and use it as a recruiting tool. Our writers will be in attendance and/or contacting combine participants afterwards -- May through the summer months. Prospect stories will be written and posted on JCFootball.com.
3. You will have been going up against your own teammates all winter and spring. What's better than lining up against conference opponents and seeing how you measure up? That's what you get to do this May. There will even be athletes from outside of California.
4. You'll get lots of exposure, catch the attention of four-year schools and JCFOOTBALL.COM, and have a good time.
Why wouldn't you want to attend? Don't attend if you are injured to the extent that you can't at least participate in most of the testing or the one-on-ones. If you're not attending school, then you cannot participate.
To attend athletes must meet the following criteria:
- Be entering their sophomore season in the fall of 2010 OR be an unsigned sophomore who saw significant playing time in 2009.
- Must have played JC football during the 2008 or 2009 season.
- Must be in good academic standing & able to transfer to 4-year school by summer 2011.
- Must be currently enrolled at a football-playing JC. If not CALL to explain circumstances. Ph. 206.331.8208
- Freshman qualifiers seeking early transfer must be recommended by their JC coach. (call or email)
Sorry, but high school athletes are not allowed to participate. No exceptions.
The cost of participation is $30. (sorry - we had to raise the cost)
Pay at the door only. Cash or money order preferred. Debit cards slow things down!
FRESHMEN WITH ONE MORE YEAR TO PLAY & UNSIGNED SOPHOMORES:
1. Height and Weight
2. Group Stretch on the field for skill positions; weight room for linemen, TE, LB.
3. Testing in the morning: 40-yard dash (hand timed), short-shuttle, vertical jump, bench press
4. Fun in the afternoon: Positions specific work, one-on-ones, and maybe 7-on-7
Goal is to finish no later than 2:30.
Participants can do all are some of the event activities. Don't want to run a forty? Then don't. Participants can also scratch results if they so desire.
Testing will be done outdoors on a FieldTurf type surface. If it rains then forties will be done on a track. Bring the appropriate footwear.
Height and Weight: We will take height and weight measurements right after you check in. Both are done with your shoes off. If something doesn't sound right, please bring it to our attention ASAP. (i.e., we say you're 5-7 but you're really 6-4!)
Forty-yard Dash: There will be two lanes (at least) with a starter for each lane and a timer. Timers will primarily be JC coaches. Athletes get two runs -- maximum. You'll start from a 3-point stance and timers begin on first movement. The best way to get a desired result? Work on your start. Run THROUGH THE FINISH. Practice, practice, practice. Find a FieldTurf or SprintTurf surface to practice on.
Short Shuttle: 5-10-5. Practice this one people. You can go in either direction and you must touch your hand on the end line.
Bench Press: OL, DL, FB, TE, and LB will do reps at 225. Everyone else will rep at 185. Feet on the ground, butt on the bench; full extension. Follow direction of the coach working the station please.
Vertical Jump: We conduct vertical jump testing using the JustJump system. It is a rubber pad that you stand on and jump straight up. You cannot lift your heels. Jump straight up. Very quick, easy, and accurate. Many four-year schools use JustJump pads.
In the afternoons we'll run through position specific drills, one-on-ones, and perhaps a spirited 7-on-7 period.
- Quarterbacks, Receivers, Tight ends, Defensive Backs: Agilities then WR/DB 1-on-1. We'll do 7-on-7 if time allows.
- Offensive and defensive line: Agilities and bag work, obstacle course (emphasizing footwork: running ropes, bag step-overs, etc.).
- Linebackers: Agilities and drills
- Running backs: Agilities and drills
Very sorry but we're not testing kickers and punters this year.
HOTELS AND FOOD
Lodging is up to the participants . Food is not provided at these events. Bring something appropriate to eat!
At Chabot (NorCal), there is a big parking lot. It costs $1.00 to park - don't get a ticket!
AT Occidental (SoCal), parking is on the street outside the stadium.
MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON ON JCFOOTBALL.COM
Watch JCFootball.com for more information about the combines.
Call me any time at 206.331.8208