At the heart of the CRF 1600-B is the innovative ABC™ (Advanced Ballistic Compensation) system, a high-precision integrated ballistics calculator that combines stored data with analysis of current ballistics parameters, and in a split second, delivers precise details of the required compensation for a point of impact (POI). The ABC™ system processes current ballistics parameters, including not only the measured distance, but also the incline, temperature and absolute air pressure to calculate projectile trajectory. The ABC™ ballistic system addresses the shooter’s needs with one program and delivers the relevant details with a simple push of a button.
For hunters who use classic reticles in their riflescopes, the Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600-B displays the hold-over value in centimeters or inches, in addition to the measured distance. For hunters using a reticle or turret, in which each graduation represents a specific distance, the read-out provides information on the horizontal distance, again factoring in the angle, temperature and absolute air pressure. Hunters using a MOA or mil graduated turret to dial for correction can also display the number of clicks required to properly adjust the POI. In this way, the CRF 1600-B can be perfectly adapted to deliver optimum results in every shooting situation, no matter the firearm and ammunition used.
Class-leading Leica optics technology enables shooters to clearly and vividly assess potential targets over long distances, and the large field of view facilitates rapid targed acquisition. The 7x magnification guarantees superb performance, even in low-light conditions. The CRF 1600-B measures distances from 10.9 yards to approximately 1,600 yards with complete precision in less than .9 seconds. The LED display features automatic brightness control for optimum visibility in all lighting conditions.
Weighing only 8.1 oz, the ergonomic and compact CRF 1600-B fits comfortably in either hand and its carbon-reinforced housing and magnesium chassis ensure that it will stand up to whatever the hunter or Mother Nature dishes out. The hydrophobic AquaDura® lens coating provides additional protection against dirt and water.
Built-in diopter compensation and a special rubber eyecup make the Rangemaster ideal for those with glasses.
The Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600-B will be available from authorized Leica dealers beginning June 2012.
LEICA RANGEMASTER CRF 1600-B Technical data
- Package includes: Cordura case, lanyard and battery
- Magnification: 7×
- Lens diameter: 24 mm
- Exit pupil: 3.4 mm
- Field of view at 1,000 yds: 377 ft
- Diopter compensation: +/- 3.5 dpt.
- Distance measurement range: 10.9 yards to approx. 1,600 yards
- Measuring function: scan mode
- Measuring accuracy: +/- 1.1 yards to 400 yards
- +/- 2.2 yards to 800 yards
- +/- 0.5% over 800 yards
- Ballistic system: yes, equivalent horizontal distance, point-of-impact correction, click/MOA
- Temperature display: yes
- Absolute air pressure display: yes
- Angle of Incline display: yes
- Display : LED display with 4-characters and ambient-light-controlled brightness
- Eyecup: rubber foldout eyecup
- Lens coating: AquaDura® coating on external lens
- Waterproof: waterproof to 3.2 ft
- Body: carbon-reinforced plastic
- Chassis: magnesium
- Dimensions (LxHxD): 1 5/8 x 3 x 1 1/4 inches approximate
- Weight: approx. 8.1oz incl. battery
- Laser: Eye-safe, invisible-light laser compliant with EN and FDA Class 1
- Alternative meter/yard setting: yes
- Power supply: 1× 3 V / CR2 lithium button cell
- Battery life: approx. 3,000 measurements at 68 degrees F
For more information, check out www.leica-sportoptics.com.