There were several moves throughout the Oakland A's organization on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Here is a recap of those moves.
- In Sacramento, Pedro Figueroa returned to the River Cats' bullpen after a brief stay with the A's. The left-hander had two appearances with the A's in his latest big league stint. He walked two, struck-out one and didn't allow a run in three innings. He has a 2.67 ERA and 34 strike-outs in 33.2 innings for the River Cats this season.
- The Midland Rockhounds' bullpen has also received a talented left-hander. Ian Krol was promoted to Double-A on Tuesday night after spending the entire season to date with High-A Stockton. Krol, normally a starter, has been moved to the bullpen for the remainder of the year to keep his innings totals down after he missed virtually the entire 2011 season. Krol had a 5.21 ERA in 86.1 innings with the Ports with a 79:24 K:BB ratio. As a reliever, he has a 2.84 ERA and 17 strike-outs in 12.2 innings pitched.
- Blake Hassebrock is also leaving the Stockton staff. The right-hander is being sent to Low-A Burlington after struggling with the Ports for much of the year. He has an 8.17 ERA in 50.2 innings in a season that has been shortened by hamstring and oblique injuries. Hassebrock struck-out 44 and walked 20 with the Ports.
- Reliever Jonathan Joseph has earned a promotion to the Cal League after three years in the Midwest League. The hard-throwing Joseph was the Burlington Bees' closer this year and he leads the team with 12 saves. The right-hander had a 4.35 ERA and a 73:38 K:BB ratio in 82.2 innings for Burlington.
- Left-hander Julio Ramos, who is making his way back from Tommy John surgery had had in 2010, has been placed on the disabled list for Burlington. The nature of his injury wasn't disclosed.
- Reliever Nate Eppley has been promoted from short-season Vermont to Low-A Burlington. Eppley had a 1.98 ERA and a 24:7 K:BB ratio 27.1 innings for the Lake Monsters.
- The Lake Monsters and AZL A's have swapped third basemen. Chad Lewis is heading back to Arizona after batting .231 with a 582 OPS in 39 games with the Lake Monsters. 2012 supplemental first-round pick Daniel Robertson is moving up from Arizona, joining 2012 first-round pick Addison Russell on the Lake Monsters' roster. Robertson hit .297/.405/.554 in 29 games with the AZL A's.