Thursday is Opening Day at Raley Field in Sacramento and River Cats fans will have a number of different items to choose from in the concession stands. Fans may also find their waists a little smaller this season, as the team has added lighter fare to the traditional menu.
Fans who regularly attend Sacramento River Cats games have become accustomed to the good food at the ballpark. This season, the team hopes that fans will enjoy the new items that have been added to the menu. In addition, the team will be looking out for the health of their fans, as their food-service provider, Centerplate, has announced the elimination of trans fat in the oils and shortenings used to cook at the ballpark.
Some of the new items on the menu at Raley Field this year will include:
- Two new entree-sized salads: a cobb salad and a greek salad;
- A Tostada Salad bowl available with chicken or beef;
- A Sicilian Po' Boy Sandwich, which tastes similar to a traditional hoagie sandwich;
- Philly Cheese Steaks;
- A Crispy Chicken Sandwich with prosciutto and provolone;
- Two Rice Bowls, one with teriyaki chicken and vegetables and the other with marinated pork with black beans, guacamole and sour cream.
The River Cats will continue to provide the fan favorites, including their grilled sausages, tri-tip sandwiches, burgers and salmon tacos.