On Friday, the Oakland A's made a number of changes to their Triple-A and major league rosters:
* The A's sent OF Milton Bradley to the San Diego Padres for right-hander Andrew Brown. The A's also agreed to pay a significant portion of Bradley's remaining contract. Bradley was designated for assignment last Thursday. Brown was with the Triple-A Portland Beavers, where he had a 2.78 ERA in 35.2 innings this season. Brown has 43 strikeouts on the year. This is the second time in his career that he has been involved in a trade with Milton Bradley. Brown was sent from Los Angeles to Cleveland in 2004 in the Milton Bradley deal that season. Brown was assigned to Triple-A Sacramento.
* The A's also announced that OF Travis Buck was being placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sore thumb. The thumb has bothered Buck for a few weeks. He has also been bothered by sore forearms and wrists this year.
* Taking Buck's place was OF Dee Brown, who had his contract purchased from Sacramento. Brown was acquired in May from the Arizona Diamondbacks' chain in a cash transaction. The former Kansas City Royals outfielder was hitting .284 with seven homers in 28 games for the River Cats. On the season, Brown has nine homers in 69 games.
* Brown was a non-roster player, so the A's had to make room for him on the 40-man roster. They made that room by putting OF Chris Snelling on the 60-day DL. Snelling had been on the 15-day DL since late May. He has continued to experience soreness in his knee and may miss the rest of the season.
* The A's also optioned reliever Ruddy Lugo down to Sacramento for the second time since he was acquired two weeks ago. Lugo has allowed 18 runs in 13.2 major league innings this season.
* Lugo was replaced on the 25-man roster by infielder Donnie Murphy, who joins the A's from Sacramento for the third time this season. Murphy has a 910 OPS for the River Cats this season.
* Earlier this week, the A's released two pitchers from the River Cats' roster: left-hander Steven Bondurant and right-hander Agustin Montero.
Oakland A's Notes: Changes A-Plenty
Oakland Clubhouse Top Stories
Video: Lazarito makes big league spring debutLazaro Armenteros, otherwise known as Lazarito, made his Oakland A's big league spring training debut on Saturday. Kimberly Contreras has exclusive video of the 17-year-old's first…
Oakland ClubhouseYesterday at 11:10 PM
Beyond the A's 2017 top-50 prospects: PsWe recently ranked the top-50 prospects in the Oakland A's system, but those 50 are hardly the only players worth watching in the A's organization. We considered several other…
Oakland ClubhouseFriday at 10:28 AM
Photos from A's March 22 match-upThe Oakland A's defeated the Chicago White Sox, 5-3, in a March 22 spring match-up at Camelback Ranch. Kimberly Contreras snapped photos of several A's prospects who suited up for…
Oakland ClubhouseThursday at 11:27 AM
Oakland A's MLN: Affiliate rosters for 3/22With more than a week of games in the books, Oakland A's minor league spring training camp is in full swing. What affiliates have A's prospects been playing with? Which players are…
Oakland ClubhouseWednesday at 3:42 PM
Oakland A's MLN: Early camp standoutsWe caught-up briefly with Oakland A's Director of Player Development Keith Lieppman to find out who the early standouts have been in A's minor league camp. The Midland RockHounds…
Oakland ClubhouseMonday at 8:58 PM