On Friday, the Oakland A's made a number of changes to their Triple-A and major league rosters:
* The A's sent OF Milton Bradley to the San Diego Padres for right-hander Andrew Brown. The A's also agreed to pay a significant portion of Bradley's remaining contract. Bradley was designated for assignment last Thursday. Brown was with the Triple-A Portland Beavers, where he had a 2.78 ERA in 35.2 innings this season. Brown has 43 strikeouts on the year. This is the second time in his career that he has been involved in a trade with Milton Bradley. Brown was sent from Los Angeles to Cleveland in 2004 in the Milton Bradley deal that season. Brown was assigned to Triple-A Sacramento.
* The A's also announced that OF Travis Buck was being placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sore thumb. The thumb has bothered Buck for a few weeks. He has also been bothered by sore forearms and wrists this year.
* Taking Buck's place was OF Dee Brown, who had his contract purchased from Sacramento. Brown was acquired in May from the Arizona Diamondbacks' chain in a cash transaction. The former Kansas City Royals outfielder was hitting .284 with seven homers in 28 games for the River Cats. On the season, Brown has nine homers in 69 games.
* Brown was a non-roster player, so the A's had to make room for him on the 40-man roster. They made that room by putting OF Chris Snelling on the 60-day DL. Snelling had been on the 15-day DL since late May. He has continued to experience soreness in his knee and may miss the rest of the season.
* The A's also optioned reliever Ruddy Lugo down to Sacramento for the second time since he was acquired two weeks ago. Lugo has allowed 18 runs in 13.2 major league innings this season.
* Lugo was replaced on the 25-man roster by infielder Donnie Murphy, who joins the A's from Sacramento for the third time this season. Murphy has a 910 OPS for the River Cats this season.
* Earlier this week, the A's released two pitchers from the River Cats' roster: left-hander Steven Bondurant and right-hander Agustin Montero.
Oakland A's Notes: Changes A-Plenty
Oakland Clubhouse Top Stories
Oakland A's 2017 top-50: Miguel MercedesOur Oakland A's 2017 top-50 prospects list is out. Now find out more about the players on that list. In this piece, a close look at top-50 prospect Miguel Mercedes. Mercedes set a…
Oakland ClubhouseYesterday at 12:51 PM
Covey selected in the Rule 5 draftThe Oakland A's lost 2013 fourth-round pick Dylan Covey to the Chicago White Sox in the major-league portion of the Rule 5 draft. No other A's players were selected in this year's…
Oakland ClubhouseThursday at 9:11 AM
A's 2016 AFL season in reviewKimberly Contreras reviews the 2016 Arizona Fall League season with the focus on the Oakland A's contingent.
Oakland ClubhouseWednesday at 10:20 PM
Oakland A's 2017 top-50 report: Nate MondouOur Oakland A's 2017 top-50 prospects list is out. Now find out more about the players on that list. In this piece, a close look at top-50 prospect Nate Mondou. Mondou got his…
Oakland ClubhouseWednesday at 4:32 PM