* Kane County saw some shifting with its roster on Wednesday, as the Cougars' middle infield has been beset with injuries. Second baseman Matt Ray hit the disabled list with a shoulder injury. He was replaced on the roster by Larry Cobb, who was sent down from High-A Stockton. The Cougars are playing short-handed in the infield, as shortstop Michael Richard is struggling with a thumb injury that has caused him to miss significant time this season. Cobb went 2-4 with a double in his 2008 Cougars' debut on Wednesday.
* Kane County catcher/DH Jake Smith is also banged up. He has missed time with a sore hamstring and hasn't played since April 18th. On the positive side for the Cougars, centerfielder Corey Brown returned to the field on Wednesday after having to DH thanks to a sore throwing shoulder.
* Kane County outfielder Shane Keough has seen increased playing time recently and he has taken advantage of it. Keough has collected hits in eight of the past 10 games in which he has played and he has his average up to .286. He had three RBIs on Wednesday and his OBP is .375.
* Sacramento has seen some roster shifting of its own. Outfielder Joe Gaetti was promoted yesterday from Double-A Midland when Todd Linden was placed on the DL. Gaetti homered and went 3-4 in his Sacramento debut on Wednesday. Reliever Jesus Silva was sent back down to Double-A Midland to make room for Gaetti.
* Left-hander Lenny DiNardo made his River Cats' debut on Wednesday. In his first start since being sent down from the big leagues, DiNardo threw six scoreless innings. He allowed only three hits, didn't walk a batter and struck-out four to earn the win.
* Midland infielder Jesus Guzman had three more hits on Wednesday to raise his average to .422. He has 33 RBIs already this season and has been named the Texas League Player of the Week twice during the season's first month. Shortstop Cliff Pennington also had a big game for Midland on Wednesday. He scored four runs and drove-in a run. Myron Leslie hit his fourth homerun and drove-in three, as Midland beat Corpus Christi by a score of 11-4.
* A few A's alumni have landed in new spots. Outfielder Jason Perry, who was in the A's system from 2003 until August 2008, has signed with the Atlanta Braves. Perry was originally set to play for the independent Lancaster Barnstormers before signing with Atlanta. He has played 10 games for the Double-A Mississippi Braves and has hit five homers and driven-in 14 runs.
* Right-hander Scot Drucker, who was released during spring training, has signed with the independent Grand Prairie Airhogs, who are being managed by former major league slugger Pete Incaviglia. Drucker is set to be in the Airhogs' starting rotation as he looks to show big league organizations that he is completely recovered from his 2007 shoulder surgery.
* Former A's 2004 second round pick Michael Rogers has signed with the independent Sussex Skyhawks. Rogers was released by Oakland at the start of this past off-season.
Oakland A's MLN: News And Notes
Oakland Clubhouse Top Stories
Oakland A's Instructs Video: LazaritoThe Oakland A's made a splash this July 2nd, signing several high-profile international free agents, including Lazaro "Lazarito" Armenteros. Kimberly Contreras has exclusive video…
Oakland Clubhouse8:10 AM
Oakland A's 2016 Minor League Free AgentsWhich Oakland A's farmhands are set to be minor league free agents this off-season? Find out!
Oakland ClubhouseTuesday at 9:34 PM
OaklandClubhouse's 2016 Pitcher of the YearOur Oakland A's 2016 minor league Pitcher of the Year is right-hander Daniel Gossett.
Oakland ClubhouseMonday at 11:35 AM
OaklandClubhouse's 2016 Player of the YearOur 2016 Oakland A's minor league Player of the Year is infielder Ryon Healy.
Oakland ClubhouseMonday at 9:37 AM
Oakland A's coaching Q&A: Aaron NieckulaOakland A's minor league field coordinator Aaron Nieckula wears several hats for the organization during the year. From June until early September, his hat is green, blue and white…
Oakland ClubhouseSunday at 9:02 PM