I thought I'd start a thread listing some of my favorite comedies/sitcoms on tv. Hopefully some of you will share yours.
Most sitcoms on tv these days are trash, but there are some diamonds in the rough out there. Here is a list of some of my favorites, some current and some recent (in no particular order).
1) Arrested Development - I didn't get into this until after it went off the air. It's a shame it didn't last longer.
2) The Whitest Kids U Know - hilarious sketch comedy
3) Mr Show with Bob and David - from the '90s, another sketch comedy, with Bob Odenkirk & David Cross
4) The Office (UK Version) - I was a fun of the US version until I saw the UK. Blows the US Office out of the water.
5) Extras - another Rickey Gervais masterpiece
6) Flight of the Conchords - one of the best all-time
7) An Idiot Abroad - a Rickey Gervais-produced show featuring a friend of his they send on trips to see the Wonders of the world.
8) The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret - the 3rd show on my list featuring David Cross. Only like 8 episodes long but I laughed from start to finish.
9) Workaholics - new Comedy Central sitcom- awesome
10) Running Wilde - show I've just discovered starring Will Arnett and, of course, David Cross (4th show)
11) Portlandia - great independent sitcom on IFC
12) Louie - Louie C.K., enough said
13) Tosh.0 - video show with Daniel Tosh
14) Community - one of the few major network sitcoms I can stand, this one has been awesome
15) 30 Rock - another major network sitcom, smart, fast and hilarious
16) Curb Your Enthusiasm - Larry David is a genius
17) Seinfeld - of course
I am sure there are some I am overlooking, but the above list is a pretty good one.