After about three weeks of non stop research and projections I have came up with a formula to come up with my preseason rankings for the 2009 season. I was going to use these for myself but can't help to share them after 50+ hours of work.
- 1/2 point each for RBI & R
- 2 points for HR
- 1 point for SB
- BA Points based off a grading list made by myself. Joe Mauer & Albert Pujols received the maximum 70 points, several players such as Adam Dunn & Rickie Weeks received the lowest at 10 points. And hundreds of players in between.
- Catchers received an additional 10 points
- Middle Infielders received an additional 5.
- 4 points for each win
- 1.5 point for each save
- 1/3 point for each K
- ERA & WHIP was done like I did BA.
- Players who have played in 140+ games in 4 straight years could receive up to 3 extra points
- Injury prone players could be deducted as much as 5.
And without further ado...here is my top 200 players for the 2009 Season......