Aguilas Cibaenas –
Record for the Week: 1-4
- Jermaine Curtis: Curtis started four of five contests, subbing in at second in the fifth game. Defensively, four of his five appearances were at second although he was the starting right fielder once. Curtis entered Tuesday's game in at second in the bottom of the fourth, going 1-for-2. The 26-year-old started in right on Wednesday, going 2-for-4 with run scored and a fielding error. He was pinch hit for in two of his three remaining starts, both contests in which he went 0-for at the plate. For the week Curtis singled four times in 14 at bats for a .286 average which raised his overall average from .263 to .269 but his weekly OPS of .619 lowered his cumulative OPS from .679 to .664.
- Audry Perez: did not play
Gigantes de Cibao -
Record for the Week: 5-0
- Ronny Gil: Gil continues to hit for high average in limited action with an overall mark of .320/.370/.320/690, 8-for-25 in 18 games. He saw action in all five games, garnering his first start, at second base, since November 4th on Saturday. He pinch hit before taking the field in his other four appearances, three times in left and the remaining at second. Gil singled three times in nine at bats with a base-on-balls, run scored and two driven in for the week.
Leones de Escogido –
Record for the Week: 4-2
- Starlin Rodriguez: is not currently listed on Escogido's roster
Tigres de Licey –
Record for the Week: 2-3
- Willy Paulino: is not currently listed on the Tigres' roster.
Indios del Boer –
Record for the Week: 4-1
- Jhonny Polanco: Control issues continue to plague Polanco this week although that did not translate to runs allowed. On Saturday Polanco entered the eighth with a runner on first and one out. He faced two batters, recording a fly out, walking one and throwing a wild pitch. The righty tossed 2 1/3 scoreless frames on Sunday, yielding a hit plus two walks while striking out two. Polanco has issued seven free passes in 8 2/3 total while giving up eight hits for a 1.73 WHIP. Batters are hitting .364 against him.
Criollos de Caguas –
Record for the Week: 1-6
- Luis Mateo: Mateo went 5-for-19 in seven starts at short for the period. He doubled once, touched home five times and knocked in two, batting ninth. Mateo worked three base-on-balls and fanned four times. His weekly line of .263/.348/.316/.664 raises his overall line to .241/.308/.276/.584 in 58 at bats over 18 games.
- Iden Nazario: remains on Caguas' reserve list
Gigantes de Carolina –
Record for the Week: 3-0 - Juan Caballero: Caballero's Puerto Rican Winter League debut on the 16th was omitted from last week's report. The right-hander was given mop up duty, entering the game with his team down 19-5. Caballero tossed a scoreless seventh with one free pass issued but ran into trouble in the eighth, yielding a three-run long ball. He allowed three runs on five hits and three walks with three strikeouts in 2 2/3. Caballero was idle this week.
- Anthony Garcia: Carolina's starting designated hitter was hot at the plate this week, going 4-for-10 with a double, home run and two base-on-balls for a line of .400/.500/.800/1.300. Garcia scored twice with four RBI and struck out once. His overall mark is now a solid .279/.367/.550/.925 in 43 at bats over 13 games. Garcia has a .281 BABIP and .279 ISO.
Indios de Mayaguez –
Record for the Week: 3-5
- Hector Hernandez: After making two relief appearances last week, Hernandez made two starts this week. The lefty received a no decision in the Indios' 4-1 triumph on the 18th, holding the opposition to a hit and free pass over three innings with a strikeout and hit batsman. Hernandez was charged with Saturday's 5-3 loss, yielding three runs on six hits and a walk through five while fanning five.
Cangrejeros de Santurce –
Record for the Week: 2-2
- Jonathan Rodriguez: Rodriguez' only appearance came in a 7-0 loss on Friday. The 24-year-old went hitless as Santurce's designated hitter, dropping his cumulative line to .111/.238/.167/.405, 2-for-18 in seven games.
© 2013 The Cardinal Nation, thecardinalnation.com and stlcardinals.scout.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.