- Poster SkinnyPimp did a great job of explaining OBP and OPS and how to use them in the thread called "slugging %".
- Jonathan22 offered detailed, yet clear explanations of sabermetric stats in the thread "Old School".
- In the thread "Marquis agrees to one-yr deal", mbusapp compared Jason's stats most favorably with a number of recent big-bucks free agents.
- Past winner AllPraisePujols analyzed the bullpen in the thread "Will our 2006 Pen be an upgrade or a downgrade from 2005?"
- Also, poster 51slaps put up Jim Edmonds' numbers in 2004 and 2005 against other top centerfielders in the thread "Edmonds last run with cards??".
And finally, stlfan72 prepared an analysis that totally blew us away. In the thread entitled "Overrated (and Underrated) Offensive Players", he identified underrated players over the last eight years as defined by a batting average under .275, an on-base-percentage over .350 and a slugging percentage over .450. As a result of his research, stlfan72 receives the nod as the Post of the Week for Week 14, January 15 through 21.
stlfan72 joined the community two years ago and in that time has made 439 posts and counting. As I understand it, he has also been known to check out the Scout IlliniBoard on occasion.
Check out stlfan72's underrated analysis of underrated MLB players here: link the winning post
stlfan72, please keep sharing these kinds of fine observations. Congratulations to you as well as to last week's honorable mention posters.
In recognition, stlfan72 wins a free four-week subscription to www.thestlcardinals.com and all the other great sites in the Scout.com network.
Next week, it can be you! So, keep posting!
Brian Walton can be reached via email at email@example.com.
© 2006 www.thestlcardinals.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed.