(11) Right-hander Mitchell Boggs ended a standout 2007 with an invitation to start in the Arizona Fall League prospect showcase.
(14) All Jarrett Hoffpauir seemed to do in 2007 was get on base – over and over and over again. The second baseman could be in the right place at the right time if incumbent Adam Kennedy abdicates his office.
(22) I bet I am hoping almost as much as Jason Motte that soon his relief pitching will speak for him and the "former catcher" story can be buried forever.
(23) No starter in the Cardinals minors was better positioned to make the next step in 2007 than right-hander Blake Hawksworth. With the big club badly needing dependable starting pitching, Hawksworth was struggling so badly that he wasn't even given a quick look.
(27) Odd that a left-handed hitting outfielder is blocked by so many ahead of him, yet that is the place in which Cody Haerther finds himself. An injury-free season will go a long way to restore his status.
(29) Hampered by injuries, Stuart Pomeranz was left unprotected in December's Rule 5 Draft. The big righty went unclaimed despite having pitched in the Arizona Fall League.
(31) Right-hander Kyle McClellan's four-pitch repertoire has opened eyes, but one must remember he has yet to start a game above A ball, has just 30 2/3 innings in Double-A and just one injury-free year in the last three.
(33) Reliever Mark Worrell's deceptive delivery generates attention, but also results. A darkhorse to see time in St. Louis in 2008.
(35) As close to a minor league innings-eater as there can be, right-handed starter Mike Parisi is making a bid for a major league rotation that seems allergic to stability.
(38) Re-assigned to minor league camp on Wednesday, Nick Stavinoha needs to reawaken his power bat to push his way back up the Cardinals prospect pecking order.
Along with the above players, we have loaded onto our Scout.com Cardinals player profile pages fresh shots of every incumbent Cardinals player. In fact, over 120 photos have been added recently, with another photo feature like this coming later this week.
There are several ways to access player profile pages. Either enter the player's name in the search box in the blue area on the upper right of this page or use the dropdown menu for "MINOR LEAGUE ROSTERS" in the red area to the right of The Birdhouse logo up top. Once you are on the player's page, click on the area that says "Photos (xx)" next to his name to view all the photos in our gallery for the player.
Earlier articles in this series:
All photos from Doug Benc/Getty Images.
© 2008 stlcardinals.scout.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed.