FSN Midwest counts down the top moments, plays and players in the recent history of the St. Louis Cardinals in CARDINALS TOP 10, a new series of 30-minute shows that debuts this week. The first episode of the series, CARDINALS TOP 10: PLAYOFF MOMENTS OF THE DECADE, premieres Thursday, June 19 at 7 p.m. CT and airs several times in June and July.
CARDINALS TOP 10: PLAYOFF MOMENTS OF THE DECADE relives the franchise's best postseason moments since 2000, a period in which the Cardinals have made six playoff appearances in eight years. The show includes commentary from current and former Cardinals involved in these memorable games and plays.
The 10 moments in the show (in chronological order):
- 2004 NLCS Game 6 – Jim Edmonds homers in the 12th to send the series to Game 7
NLCS Game 7 –
Exclusively for Scout.com subscribers, view a preview of Jeff Suppan and Tony La Russa discussing the catch:
- 2004 NLCS Game 7 – Scott Rolen homers off Roger Clemens to give the Cards the lead
- 2006 NLCS Game 7 – In the ninth, Yadier Molina homers (right) and Adam Wainwright strikes out Beltran to win the pennant
Scout.com subscribers can view a video clip of Molina discussing his feat:
- 2006 World Series Game 4 – David Eckstein doubles over Tigers CF Curtis Granderson
- 2006 World Series Game 5 – Wainwright strikes out Brandon Inge to end the World Series
Air dates for CARDINALS TOP 10: PLAYOFF MOMENTS OF THE DECADE (all times Central)
- Thursday, June 19 at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 22 at 10 p.m.
- Monday, June 23 at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 26 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 29 at 10 p.m.
- Monday, July 7 at 10 p.m.
Other episodes of CARDINALS TOP 10, including top 10 moments of the 1980s, are planned for later this season.
Video clips provided exclusively for Scout.com subscribers through the courtesy of FSN Midwest.