Our partners at FSN Midwest, home of the St. Louis Cardinals, feature the best pre-game and post-game analysis around as part of "Cardinals Live". This week, their Top Ten Plays from the Cardinals' 2008 season are being unveiled.
Number ten, the return of ace right-handed pitcher Chris Carpenter, was disclosed on Wednesday night. Over the next nine "Cardinals Live" post-game broadcasts, the remainder of the list will be unveiled, one-by-one.
Exclusively for our readers, we've been given the list in advance, shown below in chronological sequence. To learn the order of the rest of the top ten, be sure to catch "Cardinals Live" after every FSN Midwest Cardinals broadcast.
To make your predictions or to offer a list of your own, be sure to check out the discussion on our message board.
Sunday afternoon's contest from
diving play vs.
· Joel Pineiro's kick save against the Pirates on April 24th
two throws against the
· Rick Ankiel's diving catch against the Pirates on June 1st
· Yadier Molina gets run over but hangs on to the ball against the Phillies on June 15th
· Albert Pujols' 300th home run on July 4th
walk-off grand slam vs.
· Chris Carpenter's return to the Cardinals on July 30th
· The Cardinals set a team record with 26 hits against the Braves on August 22nd
· The Cardinals three walk-off wins over the Cubs
Brian Walton can be reached via email at email@example.com
© 2008 stlcardinals.scout.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed.