NATIONAL STAT STARS
508 --Brandon Williard, Farmington (Conn.) vs. Plainville (Conn.) for a state record along with seven touchdowns and a pair of two-point conversions in a 57-16 win.
416--Chris LaValle, Etiwanda (Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.) vs. Upland (Calif.) on 33 carries with three TDs in 42-18 win.
401--Tyson Neuroth, Laytonville (Calif.) vs. Deep Valley Christian (Redwood Valley, Calif.) on 36 carries and five TDs in 48-14 win.
380--Courtney Tennial, Glenpool (Okla.) vs. Star Spencer (Spencer, Okla.) with six TDs in 48-41 win.
365--Grant Jones, Pawnee (Okla.) vs. Verdigris (Okla.) with five TDs in 51-7 win.
360--Joseph Harris, Berryville (Ark.) vs. Waldon (Ark.) on 21 carries and four TDs in 50-22 win.
343 --John McCardle, Millard North (Omaha, Neb.) vs. North Platte (Neb.) in 49-27 win. The senior quarterback rushed a state record-tying 54 times with five scores. He was the All-PowerBar Team Southwest Region Boy Athlete of the Week.
336 --Brian Grzelakowski, Central (Hinsdale, Ill.) vs. Lincoln-Way East (Frankfort, Ill.) on 30 carries and scored school-record 98-yard TD in 21-17 win.
329--James Brown, Boone County (Florence, Ky.) vs. Eastern (Louisville, Ky.) with four TDs in 40-39 win.
313 --Morris Young, Ohatchee (Ala.) vs. Hatton (Ala.) on 24 carries with four TDs in a 38-14 playoff win. He also scored a pair of two-point conversions to give him 19 for the season.
313--Shawn Moore, Glenn (Kernersville, N.C.) vs. Keings Mountain (N.C.) on 28 carries with six TDs in 40-28 playoff win.
301 --Brandon Jackson, Horn Lake (Miss.) vs. Vicksburg (Miss.) on 39 carries with six TDs, five after halftime, in a 55-54, double-overtime playoff win.
464 --Boomer Marshall, South Medford (Ore.) vs. Williamette (Ore.) on 32 of 47 passes with six TDs in a 45-38 double-overtime playoff win. The effort earned him the All-PowerBar Team National Boy Athlete of the Week honor from Student Sports.
460 --Ben Mauk, Kenton (Ohio) vs. Archbold (Ohio) on 23 of 40 passes with six TDs while rushing eight times for 79 yards and a TD in 52-0 playoff win.
447 --Taylor Tharpe, Fairview (Boulder, Colo.) vs. Overland (Aurora, Colo.) on 41 of 56 passes with two TDs in a 31-28 playoff win. The effort earned him the All-PowerBar West Region Boys Athlete of the Week award from Student Sports.
440--Kevin Kolb, Stephenville (Texas) vs. Western Hills (Fort Worth, Texas) on 20 of 29 passes with five TDs in 63-45 playoff win.
401 --Jimmy Oliver, East Marion (Columbia, Miss.) vs. St. John (Gulfport, Miss.) with four TD passes, all in the fourth quarter, plus two TD runs in 66-60 playoff loss.
374 --Kyle Wright, Monte Vista (Danville, Calif.) vs. San Ramon Valley (Calif.) on 20 of 34 passes and six TDs in 46-44 win. The University of Miami recruit was a standout at the Student Sports Elite 11 Quarterback Camp.
371--Richard Irvin, Muir (Pasadena, Calif.) vs. Pasadena (Calif.) on 18 of 26 passes with five TDs in 35-6 win.
346--Sam Keller, San Ramon Valley (Calif.) vs. Monte Vista (Danville, Calif.) on 22 of 37 passes with four TDs in 46-44 loss.
332--Turner Barnes, Oxford (Miss.) vs. Grenada (Miss.) on nine of 18 passes with three TDs in 31-28 playoff loss.
6--Ben Mauk, Kenton (Ohio) vs. Archbold (Ohio) on 23 of 40 passes for 460 yards in 52-0 playoff win.
6 --Kyle Wright, Monte Vista (Danville, Calif.) vs. San Ramon Valley (Calif.) on 20 of 34 passes for 374 yards in 46-44 win. The University of Miami recruit was a standout at the Student Sports Elite 11 Quarterback Camp.
16--Patrick Blakemore, Fairview (Boulder, Colo.) vs. Overland (Aurora, Colo.) for 262 yards and one TD.
16--Ryne Staback, West Hills (Santee, Calif.) vs. Santana (Calif.) for 136 yards and one TD in 21-19 loss.
Pass Receiving Yards
262--Patrick Blakemore, Fairview (Boulder, Colo.) vs. Overland (Aurora, Colo.) on 16 catches with one TD in a 31-28 playoff win.
258--Danny Zajda, Valley Center (Calif.) vs. Orange Glen (Escondida, Calif.) on nine catches with two TDs in 35-21 win.
Pass Receiving Touchdowns
4--Tommy Pettit, Kenton (Ohio) vs. Archbold (Ohio) in 52-0 playoff win.
7 --Brandon Williard, Farmington (Conn.) vs. Plainville (Conn.) plus a pair of two-point conversions with a state record 508 rushing yards in a 57-16 win.
6 --Brad Ohanian, Southridge (Huntingburg, Ind.) vs. Indian Creeek (Trafalgar, Ind.) on 25 carries for 205 yards with five TDs plus 51-yard pass reception TD. He also intercepted two passes in 39-20 win.
6--Courtney Tennial, Glenpool (Okla.) vs. Star Spencer (Spencer, Okla.) with 380 rushing yards in 48-41 win.
6--Kevin Braziel, Alex (Okla.) vs. Pioneer (Okla.) in win.
6 --Danny Woodhead, North Platte (Neb.) vs. Westside (Omaha, Neb.). The junior scored a Class A playoff record six times--three times rushing, once pass receiving, and on two returns of a punt and interception in a win.
6 --Brandon Jackson, Horn Lake (Miss.) vs. Vicksburg (Miss.) on 39 carries for 301 yards with five scores after halftime of a 55-54, double-overtime playoff win.
6--Leo Casey, St. John (Gulfport, Miss.) vs. East Marion (Columbia, Miss.) on 29 carries for 235 yards in 66-60 playoff win.
6--Shawn Moore, Glenn (Kernersville, N.C.) vs. Kings Mountain (N.C.) on 28 carries for 313 yards in 40-28 playoff win.
6 --Geremy Rodamer, Morgantown (W.Va.) vs. Woodrow Wilson (Beckley, W.Va.) on 23 carries for 103 yards and five TDs with a 40-yard TD reception in a 52-0 playoff rout. He also passed for a 23-yard TD.
6--Jason Dean, Vanden (Travis Ar Force Base, Calif.) vs. Dixon (Calif.) on 24 carries for 279 yards in 55-16 win.
6 --Michael Okwo, Mira Costa (Manhattan Beach, Calif.) vs. Beverly Hills (Calif.) with 181 rushing yards while playing only a half of a 49-9 win.
* Quarterback Andre Caldwell of Jefferson (Tampa, Fla.), one of the nation's top wide receiver prospects, had a hand in all six touchdowns and accounted for 328 total yards in a 42-24 playoff win over George Jenkins (Lakeland, Fla.). He rushed nine times for 127 yards and three TDs; completed four of 11 passes for 141 yards and two TDs; and returned a punt 60 yards to score. He was selected the All-PowerBar Team Southeast Region Boy Athlete of the Week.
* Quarterback Doug Foster of George Washington (Charleston, W. Va.) accounted for six TDs and 407 total yards in a 63-19 playoff romp of Hurricane (W. Va.). He completed 12 of 22 passes for 264 yards and five TDs, rushed 13 times for 99 yards and a score, and caught a fake-punt pass for 44 yards.
* Pierce Curran of Clarksville (Ark.) kicked a 55-yard field goal in a 29-21 win over Magnolia (Ark.).
* David Brentz of George County (Lucedale, Miss.) booted a 56-yard field goal on a free kick in a 17-12 playoff win over West Jones (Miss.).
* Kyle Blakley of Southeast Raleigh (N.C.) kicked three fields in a 15-14 playoff win over Pine Forest (Fayetteville, N.C.).
* Gary Cismesia of Lakewood Ranch (Bradenton, Fla.) booted a 52-yard field goal in an 18-17 playoff win over Fort Myers (Fla.). He's a junior.
* Juan Gamboa of Bellarmine (San Jose, Calif.) set a school record with a 55-yard field goal and added a 48-yarder in a 28-20 win over St. Francis (Mountain View, Calif.).
* Mike Hughes of Canyon Springs (Moreno Valley, Calif.) nailed a 54-yard fideld goal in a 28-17 loss to J. W. North (Riverside, Calif.).