Clayton Edward Kershaw
- Born: 3/19/1988 in Dallas, TX
- Draft: 2006, Los Angeles Dodgers, 1st rd. (7th overall)
- High School: Highland Park, Dallas, TX
- Debut: May 25, 2008
- Threw fastballs 93-95mph (54% of all pitches), slider 86-90 (28%), curveball 72-75 (18%), changeup 86-90 (0%).
- 3614 total pitches (59% in the strike zone). Threw 770 of 1167 first pitches for strikes (66%).
- Threw first-pitch strikes often (65%).
- His fastballs were on the faster side at 93.6.
- He did not vary his fastballs velocity much, usually by only 1.8 mph.
- FB is flat.
- Threw a rising FB.
- Deceptive fastballs had 20% of swings miss (10% is avg).
- Had consistent curves angle at 1 deg.
- Long sweeping curves break length.
- He throws a hard SL that averages 88.1.
- Threw changeups inside to LHH.
- Threw changeups high to LHH.
- His changeup was one of the fastest at 88
- Plus control of fastballs.
- Deceptive curve had 39% of swings miss (26% is avg).
- Deceptive slider had 42% of swings miss (28% is avg).
- Kept first-pitch down 41% of the time (25% was avg).
- Threw first-pitch up often 47% of the time (28% was avg).
- Allowed line-drives often.
- Threw first-pitch fastballs often at 77%. 2-1 threw sliders to LHH 38% (12% is avg).
- 3-0 ALWAYS threw FB to RHH 100% (86% is avg). Rarely threw outside after inside 12% of the time (27% is avg).
- Rarely threw outside twice in a row 26% of the time (39% is avg).
- Consider stealing on 1-2 - he threw 19% of 61 pitches in potential SB opportunities in the dirt.
information credits: ariball/mlbadvancedmedia