A veteran with a .348 career OBP, A.J. Ellis is back in 2016 with hopes of going ALL THE WAY!
Andrew James Ellis
- Born: 4/9/1981 in Cape Girardeau, MO
- Draft: 2003, Los Angeles Dodgers, 18th rd. (541st overall)
- College: Austin Peay
- Debut: September 15, 2008
- 2016 Salary: $4.5 million
- Hits were mostly off FB (70%).
- 10% of hits were off sinkers.
- Did not swing often at pitches above the zone and inside half - only swung at 10% of 49 pitches there (31% is avg).
- Did not swing often at pitches above the zone and away half - only swung at 11% of 52 pitches there (36% is avg).
- Pitchers threw splitters high.
- Put cutters into play infrequently 6% of the time (19% is avg).
- Hit line-drives often.
- Average bunter - successful 75% of the time (75% is avg).
- Rarely bunted it foul - 0% of the time (50% is avg).
- Got hits/sacs most often off fastball (17% of swings) compared to his least (cutter 0%).
- Hit cutters poorly - only 0% of his 16 swings were hits/sacs (12% is avg).
- Hole below the knees and away half - he got NO hits off his 17 swings there.
- Big hole below the knees and inside half - he got NO hits off his 19 swings there.
- Hole below the knees - he got NO hits off his 36 swings there.
- Big hole below the knees and inside
- Did not stretch 2nd to home often on singles only 1 of 9 chances.