2015 Overview: looking ahead to 2016
- Long strikezone top-to-bottom.
- Stood up for a high strikezone.
- 10% of hits were off cutters.
- Swung often at pitches up/right in the zone - 75 % of 53 pitches there (63% is avg).
- Swung often at pitches below the knees and inside half - 39 % of 92 pitches there (22% is avg).
- Swung often at pitches below the knees and away half - 50 % of 132 pitchesGot thrown first-pitch strikes often (65%).
- Almost all of his strikeouts were swinging.
- Pitchers kept curves low.
- Pitchers threw sinker high.
- Put cutters into play often 26% of the time (19% is avg).
- Almost never struck out looking - 2% of PA.
- Hit line-drives well above average frequency - 29% of balls in play (20% is avg).
- Got hits/sacs most often off cutter (16% of swings) compared to his least (curve 3%).
- Hit curves poorly - only 3% of his 26 swings were hits/sacs (12% is avg).
- Hole below the knees and inside - he got hits only 5 % of the time off his 36 swings there.
- Hole above the zone - he got NO hits off his 16 swings there.
- High K/BB ratio of 4.09 (2.66 is avg).
- Got behind in the count often - 62.5% (50% is avg).
- May need to be more patient, since he worked into a hitters count only 11.4% of the time (20% is avg).
data courtesy of: ariballdata