2015 Season Report:
- Long strikezone top-to-bottom.
- Stood up for a high strikezone.
- 17% of hits were off sinkers.
- Swung often at pitches up/right in the zone - 75 % of 129 pitches there (63% is avg).
- Swung often at pitches below the knees and inside half - 38 % of 190 pitches there (22% is avg).
- Swung often at pitches below the knees and away half - 44 % of 260 pitchAlmost all of his strikeouts were swinging.
- Hit 93+ fastballs worse than 92- fastballs (0.379 vs 0.512 SLG, 0.276 vs 0.300 AVG, in 87 vs 132 PA).
- Pitchers threw sinker high.
- Hit cutters effectively when in play, batting 0.5 (0.305 is avg).
- Hit line-drives well above average frequency - 38% of balls in play (20% is avg).
- Got hits/sacs most often off cutter (19% of swings) compared to his least (curve 7%).
- Stretched 2nd to home often on singles - 7 of 9 chances.
Compared to Recent
- Worse in the last 3 weeks: |||Getting hits/sacs off up/left pitches in the zone 6% less frequently.
- Changes in the last 3 weeks: had 11 PA and 453 before. Swinging at 24% more first pitches. Swinging at 23% more pitches up/left in the zone. Swinging at 14% more pitches up/right in the zone. Swinging at 34% fewer pitches down/right in the zone.
Data provided courtesy of Ariball