- Kenley Geronimo Jansen
- Pronunciation: KEHN-lee JAN-sin
- Born: 9/30/1987 in Willemstad, Curacao
- Debut: July 24, 2010
|MLB Career Stats||19||13||2.22||394||0||179||393.1||604||0.91
Report generated Thursday, August 25, 2016
- Threw fastballs 92-96mph (4% of all pitches)
- Cutter 91-95 (87%)
- Slider 81-84 (6%)
- Slider 81-84 (6%)
- 744 total pitches (65% in the strike zone)
- LAST GAME ON 08/24/16@LAN
- Fastball 95-96mph (2 pitches, 14% of total)
- Cutter 92.85-95 (12 pitches, 86% of total)
- Threw 14 total pitches (57% in the strike zone)
Last Game Summary
- walks 0 hits. 2 strikeouts (all swinging). Threw 2 first-pitches in the strike-zone of 3 total (66%). Faced 3 LHH 0 RHH.
|Year||Team||LG||NP||Pitch Type||Avg Pitch Speed (mph)||Avg Perceived Speed (mph)||Avg Spin Rate (rpm)||Avg Extension (feet)||Avg Exit Velocity (mph)|
- Plus control of cutter. Deceptive cutter causes 27% of swings to miss (17% is average).
- Kept first-pitch down 44% of the time (25% was average)
- Rarely made mistakes with his fastball - 6 of 37 thrown (16% ; 24% is average)-- and when he did batters did get any hits (9% is average).
- Threw first-pitch up often 48% of the time (28% was average)
- Liked to mix in cutters often - 88%. Threw first-pitch cutter much more often than most pitchers at 94%. Threw fewer first-pitch fastballs than most pitchers at 1%.
- After giving up an extra-base hit off his Cut FB he threw it again 88% of the time (41% is average).
- Use caution stealing on 1-1 counts - he threw 25% of 8 pitches in potential SB opportunities high.
- From the stretch, located pitches 3" up.
- Threw pitches inside the strikezone 66% compared to the 59% MLB average.
- 0 Threw fastballs inside to RHH. Threw fastballs outside to LHH. Threw fastballs low to RHH. His fastballs were one of the fastest of all pitchers at 94.10. Kept sliders low to righties. Kept sliders low to lefties. Had a consistent slider angle at -8 deg. Threw cutter high to LHH. His cutter was one of the fastest at 93.20.
- Got good spin on cutters (38% above MLB average).
datacortesyof.mlbadvancedmedia/ariball jason rutherford