Report generated Saturday, August 27, 2016
|MLB Career Stats||5||2||3.71||14||12||0||63.0||70||1.51
- Threw fastballs 91-94mph (57% of all pitches)
- Curveball 74-78 (17%)
- Slider 84-87 (13%)
- Changeup 79-82 (12%)
- 1063 total pitches (59% in the strike zone)
- Threw 17 of 35 first pitches for strikes (49%)
|Year||Team||LG||NP||Pitch Type||Avg Pitch Speed (mph)||Avg Perceived Speed (mph)||Avg Spin Rate (rpm)||Avg Extension (feet)||Avg Exit Velocity (mph)|
|MLB Avg||-||-||-||Four-seam FB||92.99||92.71||2240.00||6.19||90.14|
- Plus control of curve.
- Changeups were deceptively slower than his fastballs by 12.30 mph.
- Kept first-pitch down 47% of the time (25% was average)
- -- and when he did batters performed just average hitting 12% (9% is average).
- Poor control of changeup.
- Threw first-pitch up often 41% of the time (28% was average)
- Made mistakes often with his curve - 51 of 187 thrown (27% ; 16% is average)-- and when he did batters performed just average hitting 10% (7% is average).
- Threw first-pitch curveballs much more often than most pitchers at 28%.
- Rarely attempted consecutive pickoff moves (0% vs 10% average in 5 attempted).
- 1-0 threw curves to RHH 28% (7% is average).
- 2-0 threw curves to righties 22% (4% is average).
- 3-2 threw fastballs to lefties 99% (66% is average).
- After an extra-base hit, went from FB to CB 61% of the time (41% is average).
- From the stretch, located curves 29" more to the catchers left.
- CH was his most effective pitch - batters hit just 0.90 when put into play compared to 1 off his least effective pitch - FB. Threw first-pitch strikes less than half the time. Rarely attempted pickoffs.
- 0 Threw fastballs high to RHH.
- Deceptive fastballs had 20% of swings miss (10% is average). Threw curves high to RHH. Had 1-7 curve break angle (16 deg). Threw changeup outside to RHH. Threw changeups inside to LHH.