|MLB Career Stats||14||8||3.29||27||27||0||153.0||156||1.08
- Threw fastballs 88-91mph (42% of all pitches)
- Slider 80-83 (30%)
- Curveball 71-74 (18%)
- Changeup 81-84 (8%)
- 2418 total pitches (55% in the strike zone)
- Threw 178 of 278 first pitches for strikes (64%)
|Year||Team||LG||NP||Pitch Type||Avg Pitch Speed (mph)||Avg Perceived Speed (mph)||Avg Spin Rate (rpm)||Avg Extension (feet)||Avg Exit Velocity (mph)|
|MLB Avg||-||-||-||Four-seam FB||93.00||92.73||2241.00||6.19||90.15|
- Plus control of fastballs.
- Great control of slider.
- Changeups had a very deceptive release point - almost identical to the fastball.
- Kept first-pitch down 54% of the time (25% was average)
- -- and when he did batters performed just average hitting 7% (9% is average).
- Poor control of changeup.
- Poor control of 4-seams.
- Threw first-pitch curveballs much more often than most pitchers at 32%.
- Rarely attempted consecutive pickoff moves (0% vs 10% average in 19 attempted).
- 1-0 threw curves to LHH 31% (7% is average).
- 2-0 did not throw fastballs to righties often - 32% (72% is average).
- 2-0 did not throw fastballs to lefties often - 39% (74% is average).
- 2-0 threw sliders to righties 56% (9% is average).
- 2-0 threw sliders to lefties 32% (8% is average).
- 2-0 threw curves to lefties 23% (3% is average).
- 2-1 threw sliders to righties 54% (16% is average).
- 2-2 threw sliders to righties 58% (20% is average).
- 3-1 threw sliders to righties 49% (5% is average). 3-1 threw sliders to lefties 34% (4% is average). 3-1 threw curves to lefties 30% (1% is average).
- Consider stealing on 0-1 - he threw 21% of 55 pitches in potential SB opportunities in the dirt.
- From the stretch, located curves 27" more to the catchers left.
- CH was his most effective pitch - batters hit just 1 when put into play compared to 1 off his least effective pitch - CB. Rarely attempted pickoffs.
- Deceptive fastballs had 16% of swings miss (10% is average). Threw curves outside to RHH. His curves were one of the slowest of all pitchers at 72.50. Long sweeping curves break length. His 4-seams were one of the slowest of all pitchers at 89.70.
datacourtesyof ariball/mlbadvancedmedia jason rutherford