- Scott Edward Kazmir
- Born: 1/24/1984 in Houston, TX
- Draft: 2002, New York Mets, 1st rd. (15th overall)
- High School: Cypress Falls, Houston, TX
- Debut: August 23, 2004
Report generated Friday, September 23, 2016
|MLB Career Stats||108||96||4.01||297||296||0||1688.2||1608||1.35
- Threw fastballs 90-93mph (54% of all pitches)
- Cutter 85-89 (10%)
- Changeup 74-79 (18%)
- Slider 80-82 (9%)
- Curveball 75-79 (6%)
- 2186 total pitches (58% in the strike zone)
- Threw 187 of 317 first pitches for strikes (59%)
- Changeup 74-79 (13 pitches, 17% of total)
- Slider 80-82 (8 pitches, 10% of total))
- Curveball 77-79 (2 pitches, 3% of total)
- Threw 78 total pitches (56% in the strike zone)
Last Game Summary
- 3 walks 6 hits- 4 off FB 1 off change 1 off slider. 1 strikeout (looking). Threw 11 first-pitches in the strike-zone of 17 total (64%). Faced 4 LHH 13 RHH. Umpire called 2 strikes incorrectly as balls Umpire called 2 balls incorrectly as strikes
|Year||Team||LG||NP||Pitch Type||Avg Pitch Speed (mph)||Avg Perceived Speed (mph)||Avg Spin Rate (rpm)||Avg Extension (feet)||Avg Exit Velocity (mph)|
|MLB Avg||-||-||-||Two-seam FB||92.43||92.06||2154.00||6.12||90.34|
- Great control of fastballs.
- Changeups had a very deceptive release point - almost identical to the fastball. Changeups were deceptively slower than his fastballs by 14.80 mph.
- Kept first-pitch down 45% of the time (25% was average)
- -- and when he did batters performed just average hitting 10% (9% is average).
- Below average control of changeup.
- Made mistakes often with his curve - 38 of 147 thrown (26% ; 16% is average)-- and when he did batters performed just average hitting 5% (7% is average).
- Consider stealing on 2-2 - he threw 16% of 24 pitches in potential SB opportunities in the dirt.
- Use caution stealing on 0-2 counts - he threw 16% of 12 pitches in potential SB opportunities high.
- From the stretch, located curves 31" more to the catchers left. From the stretch, located changeups 4" more to the catchers left. From the stretch, located changeups 4" down. From the stretch, located cutters 4" down.
Scott Kazmir 2016 Projections
- FB was his most effective pitch - batters hit just 1 when put into play compared to 1 off his least effective pitch - CT. Rarely attempted pickoffs.
- 0 Threw fastballs outside to RHH.
- Deceptive fastballs had 15% of swings miss (10% is average). Got little spin on curves (69% below MLB average) Kept sliders low to righties. Threw sliders outside to lefties. Got little spin on sliders (43% below MLB average). His changeup was one of the slowest at 76.50.
- Threw cutter high to RHH. Threw cutter outside and low to LHH.
- Average control of cutter.
datacourtesyof ariball/scoutables/scoutables/mlbadvancedmedia jason rutherford