Report generated Monday, October 17, 2016
- Threw fastballs 92-94mph (51% of all pitches)
- Slider 87-89 (32%)
- Curveball 71-75 (15%)
- 2359 total pitches (61% in the strike zone)
- Threw 158 of 231 first pitches for strikes (68%)
- LAST GAME ON 10/16/16@CHN
- Fastball 93-94mph (50 pitches, 61% of total)
- Slider 87-90 (23 pitches, 28% of total)
- Curveball 71-73 (9 pitches, 11% of total))
- Threw 82 total pitches (61% in the strike zone)
Last Game Summary
- 1 walk 2 hits- 1 off FB 1 off CB. 6 strikeouts (2 swinging). Threw 16 first-pitches in the strike-zone of 24 total (66%). Faced 5 LHH 19 RHH. Umpire called 1 strikes incorrectly as balls Umpire called 1 balls incorrectly as strikes
- Great control of fastballs.
- Deceptive curve had 36% of swings miss (26% is average).
- Kept first-pitch down 44% of the time (25% was average)
- -- and when he did batters performed just average hitting 10% (9% is average).
- Below average control of curve.
- Threw first-pitch up often 43% of the time (28% was average)
- Rarely attempted consecutive pickoff moves (0% vs 10% average in 10 attempted).
- 2-0 threw fastballs to lefties 99% (74% is average).
- 2-1 threw sliders to lefties 37% (12% is average).
- 3-2 threw sliders to righties 58% (16% is average).
- Consider stealing on 0-2 - he threw 18% of 16 pitches in potential SB opportunities in the dirt.
- Use caution stealing on 3-2 counts - he threw 15% of 13 pitches in potential SB opportunities high.
- From the stretch, fastballs release point came down 2". From the stretch, located curves 17" more to the catchers left.
- CB was his most effective pitch - batters hit just 1 when put into play compared to 1 off his least effective pitch - FB. Threw first-pitch strikes often (68.40%). Rarely attempted pickoffs.
- 0 His fastballs were on the faster side at 93. He did not vary his fastballs velocity much, usually by only 1.80 mph. FB is flat. Threw a rising FB.
- Deceptive fastballs had 18% of swings miss (10% is average). Got good spin on fastballs (13% above MLB average). Kept curves low to RHH. Kept curves low to LHH. His curves were one of the slowest of all pitchers at 72.90. Long sweeping curves break length. He threw a hard slider that averaged 87.90. Slurvy slider. Short slider break length.
scout jason rutherford