Kenley Geronimo Jansen
Pronunciation: KEHN-lee JAN-sin
Born: 9/30/1987 in Willemstad, Curacao
|2016 Postseason Stats||0||0||3.09||7||0||3||11.2||19||0.86|
|Postseason Career Stats||0||0||2.66||17||0||8||20.1||35||1.03|
|MLB Career Stats||19||13||2.20||409||0||189||408.2||632||0.89|
- Status: Active
- Threw fastballs 93-96mph (3% of all pitches)
- Cutter 92-95 (89%)
- Slider 81-85 (6%)
- Slider 81-85 (6%)
- 1123 total pitches (65% in the strike zone)
- Slider 83-85 (3 pitches, 10% of total)
- Slider 83-85 (3 pitches, 10% of total))
- Threw 30 total pitches (67% in the strike zone)
Last Game Summary
- walks 0 hits. 4 strikeouts (3 swinging). Threw 8 first-pitches in the strike-zone of 9 total (88%). Faced 3 LHH 6 RHH.
- Plus control of cutter. Deceptive cutter causes 30% of swings to miss (17% is average).
- Kept first-pitch down 45% of the time (25% was average)
- Rarely made mistakes with his fastball - 7 of 44 thrown (15% ; 24% is average)-- and when he did batters did get any hits (9% is average).
- Threw first-pitch up often 44% of the time (28% was average)
- Liked to mix in cutters often - 89%. Threw first-pitch cutter much more often than most pitchers at 94%. Threw fewer first-pitch fastballs than most pitchers at 1%.
- Threw strikes on 1-2 counts, throwing balls out of the zone only 39% of the time (53% is average).
- After giving up an extra-base hit off his Cut FB he threw it again 86% of the time (41% is average).
- From the stretch, located sliders 8" up.
- Threw pitches inside the strikezone 66% compared to the 59% MLB average.
- 0 Threw fastballs inside to RHH. Threw fastballs outside to LHH. Threw fastballs low to RHH. His fastballs were one of the fastest of all pitchers at 94.30. Kept sliders low to righties. Kept sliders low to lefties. Had a consistent slider angle at -8 deg. Threw cutter high to LHH. His cutter was one of the fastest at 93.50.
- Got good spin on cutters (38% above MLB average).
scout jason rutherfordnull