- Grant A. Dayton
- Born: 11/25/1987 in Huntsville, AL
- Draft: 2010, Florida Marlins, 11th rd. (347th overall)
- College: Auburn
- Debut: 7/22/2016
|Team||LG||NP||Pitch Type||Avg Pitch Speed (mph)||Avg Perceived Speed (mph)||Avg Spin Rate (rpm)||Avg Extension (feet)||Avg Exit Velocity (mph)|
|MLB Avg||-||-||-||Four-seam FB||93.04||92.76||2241.00||6.19||90.13|
- Threw fastballs 91-93mph (78% of all pitches)
- Curveball 73-77 (14%)
- Changeup 82-86 (5%)
- Slider 81-85 (1%)
- 529 total pitches (58% in the strike zone)
- LAST GAME ON 10/20/16@LAN
- Fastball 91-92mph (7 pitches, 58% of total)
- Curveball 74-77 (5 pitches, 42% of total)
- Curveball 74-77 (5 pitches, 42% of total))
- Threw 12 total pitches (75% in the strike zone)
Last Game Summary
- walks 0 hits. 1 strikeout (swinging). Threw 1 first-pitches in the strike-zone of 2 total (50%). Faced 1 LHH 1 RHH.
- Great control of fastballs.
- Rarely made mistakes with his fastball - 73 of 417 thrown (17% ; 24% is average)-- and when he did batters did not take advantage hitting only 5% (9% is average).
- Threw first-pitch up often 43% of the time (28% was average)
- Threw first-pitch curveballs much more often than most pitchers at 37%.
- 0-1 threw fastballs to RHH 86% (53% is average). 0-1 threw fastballs to LHH 77% (51% is average). 1-0 threw curves to RHH 41% (7% is average). 1-1 threw fastballs to RHH 93% (54% is average). 1-1 threw fastballs to LHH 99% (52% is average). 1-2 threw fastballs to RHH 79% (47% is average).
- 2-1 threw fastballs to righties 92% (61% is average).
- 2-2 threw fastballs to righties 88% (53% is average).
- 2-2 threw fastballs to lefties 84% (51% is average).
- 3-2 threw fastballs to righties 94% (65% is average). 3-2 threw fastballs to lefties 99% (66% is average).
- Consider stealing on 0-1 - he threw 13% of 15 pitches in potential SB opportunities in the dirt.
- Use caution stealing on 2-2 counts - he threw 21% of 14 pitches in potential SB opportunities high.
- From the stretch, threw strikeFrom the stretch, located curves 19" more to the catchers left. From the stretch, located curves 7" up.
- FB was his most effective pitch - batters hit just 1 when put into play.
- 0 Threw fastballs high to RHH. Threw fastballs high to LHH. Threw a rising FB.
- Deceptive fastballs had 27% of swings miss (10% is average). Got good spin on fastballs (12% above MLB average). Threw curves outside to RHH. Threw curves high to RHH. Changeups were average in being 8.10 mph slower than FB. Threw changeups inside to RHH. Kept changeup low to RHH. Threw changeups outside to LHH. Kept changeups low to LHH. Changeups were often flat. Got little spin on changeup (49% below MLB average).
scout jason rutherfordnull