The San Francisco Giants and recently-voted All-Star Brandon Crawford got a 6-2 win today in San Francisco. Crawford went 3 for 3 with a home run and three RBI. Jeff Samardzija earned his ninth win of the year after pitching 6 1/3 innings. Recent River Cats pitcher Sergio Romo pitched a scoreless eighth inning for the Giants.
Sacramento River Cats
- The Cats wrapped up a 7-4 win over the Tacoma Rainiers on Friday night.
- Matt Cain pitching on a rehab assignment went 5 2/3 innings and allowed one hit and two runs.
- Cain didn't allow a hit until the top of the sixth inning.
- Catcher Andrew Susac went 2 for 4 with a double and a HR.
- After reliever Tyler Rogers allowed two runs in 2/3 of an inning, Jake Dunning entered for Sacramento and recorded the final out of the game.
- It was Dunning's second save of the year.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- It was a slow day for most of the game at The Diamond as the Squirrels and Trenton Thunder put 0's on the board inning after inning until the top of the eighth.
- The Thunder broke through with some lightning and scored the first run of the game on an RBI single from lead-off man Tyler Wade.
- The Squirrels swiftly responded in the bottom of the ninth with two runs and a walk-off W.
- Chris Shaw went 1 for 4 with an RBI and it was the sixth straight game where Shaw recorded a ribby (his 11th in 9 games with Richmond).
- Second baseman Brandon Bednar led off the ninth with a double before being driven in by Chris Shaw.
- Ryder Jones got the winning RBI when he singled in Christian Arroyo.
San Jose Giants
- San Jose got their 47th win of the season as they defeated the Stockton Ports 11-7.
- The Giants put up an eight-spot in the bottom of the 7th inning.
- Every Giants batter recorded a hit and the team had a total of 16 hits on the night.
- Center fielder Ronnie Jebavy went 3 for 5 with three runs, a home run and two RBI.
- Jebavy had two hits (a single and a HR) in the seventh inning when the Giants batted around.
- Relief pitcher Jeff Soptic pitched 2 1/3 for the win. He allowed one hit and struck three out.
- Giants Pitching Coach Mike Couchee was tossed in the fifth inning.
- The GreenJackets joined the Flying Squirrels with a walk-off win of their own, beating the Columbia Fireflies 8-7.
- Right fielder Jean Angomas and shortstop Richard Amion each had three hits for Augusta.
- Relief pitcher Caleb Smith (1 2/3 3K) and Ryan Koziol (1 1/3 1K) combined for three shutout innings and Koziol got the win for Augusta.
- Smith hasn't allowed an earned run since May 13 (17 1/3 innings). Over that period, Smith has dropped his ERA from 5.59 to 2.00.
- The Volcanoes split their double-header with Vancouver.
- 11 hits spread throughout all nine batters for the Volcanoes got them an 8-6 win in the opening game of the shortened double-header.
- Left fielder, and recently signed, Gio Brusa hit his first home run of his minor league career.
- Right fielder Ashford Fulmer had a grand slam in the fourth inning.
- In the second game, Gio Brusa, this time in the DH slot, blasted his second homer of the day.
- Brusa is batting .394 in eight games with the Volcanoes.