The Giants had four All-Stars for the National League, boasting the starting battery in Buster Posey and Johnny Cueto as well as Madison Bumgarner and Brandon Belt. Cueto pitched 1 2/3 innings allowing five hits and three runs, Posey went 0 for 1 with a walk and a run and Belt went 0 for 1 in his lone plate appearance.
Sacramento River Cats
- The River Cats droped the final two games of a four-game series against the Tacoma Rainiers before heading into the All-Star Break.
- Ali Castillo kept his hot streak alive and went 3 for 5 in the final meeting between the two teams.
- Ty Blach will make an appearance for the PCL All-Star Game on Wednesday.
- Blach is the solo River Cat on the roster. Blach pitched 110 2/3 innings in the first half of the season and had a 3.90 ERA.
- Blach went into the All-Star break winning his previous three starts.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Like the River Cats, the Flying Squirrels are on a break of their own.
- The Squirrels lost two of three against the Trenton Thunder, but did beat the Thunder in the finale 6-4.
- Ryder Jones went 2 for 4 in the DH slot with a home run, four RBI and two runs.
- First baseman Chris Shaw went 1 for 3 in the game and is batting .317 in his last 10 games, according to the team's website.
- The Squirrels had three All-Stars of their own in Christian Arroyo, Tyler Beede and Jones.
San Jose Giants
- The Giants exchanged wins in the four-game series against the Stockton Ports before having the day off on Tuesday.
- Outfielder Dylan Davis went 1 for 4 in the series finale and went 6 for 18 in the series overall, including a 4 for 5 outing on Saturday.
- Left fielder Robbie Garvey went 7 for 17 in the four-game series and has a four-game hitting streak.
- Garvey also has three multi-hit games in his last six appearances.
- The GreenJackets were shut out on Tuesday as they fell 1-0 to the West Virginia Power.
- Catcher Matt Winn went 2 for 3 with a double for the GreenJackets.
- Miguel Gomez went 0 for 4 and snapped a five-game hitting-streak.
- Starting pitcher Michael Connolly had a strong effort of work but it wasn't enough as he took the L.
- Connolly went eight innings and allowed two hits and one run while sitting down six.
- The Volcanoes went eight combined innings of no-hit pitching before Jeff Burke gave up three hits and two runs in the ninth.
- Giants' fourth round pitck Matt Krook went 4 2/3 striking out four and walking three.
- Patrick Ruotolo, who came in to relieve Krook in the fifth went 2 1/3 and earned the win.
- Ruotolo struck out four and walked two.
- Fellow Giants' draftee Gio Brusa went 3 for 6 with three RBI for the Volcanoes.
- Second baseman Kevin Rivera went 2 for 4 with a walk, a double, an RBI and three runs.