The San Francisco Giants had the day off on Monday but their minor league affiliates had busy days for the most part.
Sacramento River Cats
- Hunter Pence and Joe Panik continue to rehab with the Cats.
- Sacramento's game, however, was postponed on Monday.
- They'll face the New Orleans Zephyrs in a double-header tomorrow.
- Ty Blach is expected to pitch the first game of the two-game set.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- The Flying Squirrels defeated the Akron RubberDucks 6-2.
- Second baseman Brandon Bednar went 1 for 3 with an RBI.
- Right fielder Hunter Cole had a great outing, going 3 for 4 with a triple and two runs.
- Cole now has a five-game hitting streak and has reached base safely in 17 of his last 19 games (15 of those games with hits).
- Pitcher Andrew Suarez earned his third win of the season pitching seven innings, allowing two runs and striking 10 out.
- Preston Claiborne and Tyler Mizenko pitched an inning a piece allowing no hits.
San Jose Giants
- The Giants dropped a heart breaker to the High Desert Mavericks 7-6.
- San Jose took the lead in the top of the ninth on a Miguel Gomez single.
- Gomez, who was recently called up to high-A is now 2 for 9 with the Giants.
- The Mavericks scored two in the bottom half of the ninth to walk off.
- Tyler Cyr took the loss for the Giants.
- Rehabbing Ehire Adrianza went 1 for 3 with a home run.
- Augusta beat the Delmarva Shorebirds 6-4.
- Left fielder Jean Angomas had himself a day going 3 for 4 with a triple, a run and three RBI.
- Michael Connolly earned his seventh win after pitching five innings.
- Caleb Smith came in for relief and pitched 1 2/3 innings.
- Smith allowed one hit and had a strikeout.
- Ryan Koziol also pitched 1 1/3 innings and struck two out to earn a hold and Carlos Alvarado earned his sixth save of the year.
- Alvarado has yet to allow a run in eight appearances with the GreenJackets.
- The Volcanoes almost blew a four-run lead in the ninth inning but escaped with a 7-6 victory over the Boise Hawks.
- Third baseman Manuel Geraldo went 2 for 4 with two RBI and two runs scored.
- Kendry Melo came in for relief and pitched 2 1/3 innings to get the win.
- Melo gave up one earned run and struck out four.
- Cesar Yanez pitched 2/3 of an inning to seal the deal and get his fourth save of the year.
- Yanez, the 21-year-old from Venezuela, has allowed one earned run in 12 appearances (15 innings pitched).