The San Francisco Giants enjoyed a day off as they get ready for a three-game series against the New York Yankees.
Sacramento River Cats
- Hunter Pence went 2 for 3 before exiting in the River Cats 5-4 victory.
- Pence had a double and a first-inning homer for Sacramento.
- Catcher Andrew Susac has hit a stride and kept it going after a 2 for 5 night with a homer.
- Chris Stratton pitched six innings of one-run ball for the Cats to earn the victory.
- Jake Dunning pitched tow innings of relief and had three Ks.
- Jean Machi closed the game, but not before allowing a run to make things interesting.
- It was Machi's sixth save of the season.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- The Squirrels fell 4-2 to the Harrisburg Senators as they opened up a four-game series.
- Center fielder Steven Duggar went 4 for 4 with a double and two runs in the lead off spot.
- Third baseman Christian Arroyo added two hits and an RBI for the Squirrels.
- Starter Kyle Crick pitched seven innings, had 7 Ks and allowed four runs in the loss.
- Crick has only had one win in his last 10 outings, according to the team's website.
San Jose Giants
- Center fielder Ronnie Jebavy was a home run shy of the cycle in the Giants' 13-6 rout of Inland.
- DH Jose Vizcaino Jr. went 3 for 3 with two triples and five RBI.
- Vizcaino has a five-game hitting streak and is batting .333 in his last 10 games.
- The Giants had 14 hits on the evening and nine different Giants had hits.
- Phil Bickford started and pitched three innings and had four Ks to go along with two earned runs.
- Dusten Knight pitched three innings in relief to earn his first win of the year.
- The GreenJackets had 11 hits and buzzed past the Asheville Tourists.
- First baseman Skyler Ewing and third baseman Dillon Dobson each went deep in Augusta's 6-3 win.
- Eight of nine starting GreenJackets had hits.
- Domenic Mazza went seven strong and gave up three runs. Mazza also struck out seven.
- Carlos Alvarado closed out the game to get his seventh save of the year.
- The Volcanoes had 12 runs on 12 hits to get a 12-5 win over the Everett AquaSox.
- Catcher John Riley went 1 for 4. Riley now has hits in eight of his last 10 games,
- Left fielder Gustavo Cabrera had a big day as he went 3 for 5 with a home run, two RBI and three runs.
- Nolan Riggs pitched 2 1/3 scoreless innings of relief to earn the win.