Madison Bumgarner's strong outing wasn't enough for the Giants to earn their first win since the All-Star Break. The Giants fell to the Yankees 3-2. The Giants send Jeff Samardzija to the mound hping to get them on the winning track.
Sacramento River Cats
- Joan Gregorio's had a stellar performance and earned his third win of the season for the Cats as they defeated the El Paso Chihuahuas.
- Gregorio also went 1 or 3 at the plate.
- The interior infielders held it down on the field as well as at the plate. Second baseman Kelby Tomlinson and shortstop Rando Moreno each had a pair of hits.
- Tomlinson went 2 for 4 with a run scored and Moreno went 2 for 4 with a homer and two RBI.
- Moreno is riding a four-game hitting streak and is batting .333 in his past 10 games.
- Catcher Miguel Olivo's grand slam in the first inning was enough for the Cats who won 7-3.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Richmond dropped a close one to the Harrisburg Senators.
- The Squirrels only mustered five hits in the 2-1 loss.
- Third baseman Ryder Jones went 1 for 4 and had the team's only RBI.
- Richmond was 0 for 7 with RISP.
San Jose Giants
- San Jose dropped the second game of the series to the Inland Empire 66ers 10-3.
- Center fielder Ronnie Jebavy and left fielder Robbie Garvey each had two hits at the top of the order for the Giants.
- The Giants had three errors in the contest, left 10 on base and went 1 for 10 with RISP.
- Pitcher Jordan Johnson went six innings and allowed six earned runs.
- The GreenJackets lost 10-5 to the Asheville Tourists.
- First baseman Skyler Ewing was the man of the game for Augusta going 3 for 4 with a home run.
- Matt Sotter took the L as he went five innings and gave up six runs.
- Ryan Koziol pitched a scoreless inning of work and had two Ks.
- Koziol has a 1.08 ERA in his last 10 appearances.
- A high-scoring contest ended in a triumphant Volcanoes walk-off as Kevin Rivera was the hero with a single in the ninth that plated Gustavo Cabrera.
- Right fielder Julio Pena went 3 for 4 with two runs and an RBI after he entered the game for Giants 2016 draftee Bryan Reynolds.
- Reynolds was tossed for arguing balls and strikes.
- Another 2016 draft pick, Gio Brusa, went 2 for 3 with two runs, a double, home run and four RBI for Salem-Keizer.
- First baseman Ryan Kirby added three hits as well and had a home run and three RBI.
- CJ Gettman pitched the ninth and got the win when the Volcanoes walked off.
- Gettman struck out all three batters he faced.