San Francisco lost to the Cincinnati Reds 2-1. The loss fell on Madison Bumgarner who pitched eight solid innings and was the Giants' ninth loss in its last 11 games.
Sacramento River Cats
- The Cats fell 7-3 to the Reno Aces.
- Ehire Adrianza led off again for Sacramento and went 1 for 5 with his only hit being a double in the top of the third.
- Adrianza would score on Hunter Pence's homer later that inning.
- It marked Pence's second HR in as many days.
- Joe Panik went 2 for 4 for the River Cats before exiting.
- Shortstop Kelby Tomlinson also added two hits for Sac.
- Clayton Blackburn pitched five innings and allowed one run on a solo HR.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- The Squirrels, led by three RBI from center fielder Steven Duggar, got a 6-5 win and a three-game sweep over the Akron RubberDucks.
- Shortstop C.J Hinojosa added a pair of hits and second baseman Brandon Bednar had two hits to go along with two RBI.
- Kyle Crick got his third win of the year and went 6 1/3 innings allowing one earned run.
San Jose Giants
- The Giants ninth inning rally wasn't enough as they dropped the second of a three game set to the Bakersfield Blaze 2-1.
- San Jose outhit Bakersfield 7 to 3 but a two-run home run by Blaze's catcher Tyler Marlette was the difference.
- Dylan Davis had a perfect 4 for 4 day with a double and an RBI.
- Davis raised his average to .303 on the year with the performance.
- Davis has a five game hitting streak and has had hits in eight of his last 10 appearances, going .342 in those games, according to the team's website.
- The Jackets had the day off on Wednesday.
- Augusta will face the Lakewood BlueClaws on Thursday as he GreenJackets send Domenic Mazza to the mound.
- Mazza earned his third win in his last outing after giving up three runs in seven innings against the Asheville Tourists.
- Volcanic lava wasn't enough to cover the trees as the Eugene Emeralds defeated Salem-Keizer 4-1.
- Right fielder Heath Quinn and shortstop Ryan Howard each had two hits for the Volcanoes.
- Howard also had the only RBI of the game for Salem-Keizer.
- Relief pitcher Rayan Hernandez pitched three scoreless innings, allowed one hit and struck two out.