The Giants had he bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth against the Washington Nationals but a pair of strikouts from Denard Span and Angel Pagan ended the game. The Nats won 4-2. San Francisco was out-hit 11 to 5. Third baseman Conor Gillaspie had two of the hits and an RBI for the Giants. Johnny Cueto took the loss and it was only his third L of the year. He's now 13-3.
Sacramento River Cats
- The Cats lost 5-1 to the Reno Aces.
- Ehire Adrianza kept his rampant hitting pace with a 2 for 4 evening.
- Adrianza had a double and a run in the game.
- Hunter Pence went 1 for 4 and had the team's only RBI of the night.
- Pence was thrown out going for second on that same play.
- Chris Stratton took the loss as he went seven innings and allowed all fives of the Aces runs.
- Pitcher Vin Mazzaro came in in relief and pitched a scoreless eighth.
- In off the field news, Joe Panik was reinstated by the Giants and will join the team. Pence may join the Giants as early as Saturday.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- The Squirrels continued their hot streak as they defeated the New Hampshire Fisher Cats 4-2.
- Seven Squirrels had hits as the team had 14 total and all nine batters reached base.
- Three Squirrels had multi-hit games (Steven Duggar, Brandon Bednar, Ryder Jones and Chris Shaw)
- Duggar went 2 for with a double and a RBI, Bednar went 3 for 5 with a double and a run and Jones and Shaw each went 3 for 4 with an RBI.
- Pitcher Sam Coonrod made sure the Fisher Cats lures came up empty as he pitched seven innings and allowed only one earned run.
- Coonrod had four hits allowed as well as four Ks.
San Jose Giants
- The Giants got back on the winning track in Modesto, cracking the Nuts 5-3.
- Center fielder Ronnie Jebavy and second baseman Christian Paulino each had two hits in the game.
- Dylan Davis went 1 for 4 to keep his hitting streak alive. It now sits at six games.
- Davis has raised his average from a .256 to .301 during that span.
- Augusta dropped a 10th inning game to the Lakewood BlueClaws 3-2.
- The GreenJackets scored two runs in the first inning but did nothing else for nine innings as the BlueClaws chipped away with some blue collar grinding.
- Starter Domenic Mazza went six innings and allowed six hits and no earned runs while striking out five.
- Second baseman Jalen Miller led the GreenJackets with a 3 for 5 game.
- The Volcanoes held on for a 5-4 win against Eugene in Eugene.
- Third baseman Manuel Geraldo went 3 for 5 in the lead off spot for Salem-Keizer.
- First baseman Ryan Kirby added a two-run shot in the third inning for the Volcanoes.
- A wild pitch in the top of the sixth inning would prove to be the deciding run.
- Designated hitter Julio Pena scored on the wild pitch.
- The Emeralds scored two runs in the eighth to make it a one-run game but with one out and a runner on third, Eugene couldn't get the big time hit and stranded the tying runner.
- Victor Concepcion came in to pitch relief for the Vplcanoes and went 4 1/3 allowing just two hits while earning the win.
- Jeff Burke earned his first save of the year and recorded the final out in foul territory.