The San Francisco Giants, looking to keep their even year magic alive, went for the gold as they made multiple trade deadline deals, sending away some top talent including Andrew Susac, Phil Bickford, Matt Duffy and Adalberto Mejia.
Mejia was 4-1 for the River Cats with a 1.303 WHIP and a 4.20 ERA.
Susac was batting .273 for the River Cats in 58 games and had a .798 OPS.
Bickford, who was promoted to San Jose prior to being traded, was 2-2 with the Giants with a 1.00 WHIP. Bickford had 36 Ks in 33 innings for San Jose as well.
Duffy was with the Giants for much of the 2016 season. Duffy had a .253 average in 70 games with the Giants.
Sacramento River Cats
- With Mejia and Susac out of the mix for the Cats, Sacramento faced the Salt Lake Bees on Monday and handled business.
- The Cats won 7-0 as they put 10 hits up on Bees pitchers.
- Miguel Olivo, starting at catcher for the Cats, went 2 for 4 with two runs.
- But, it was Travis Ishikawa's big game that powered the Kitties ahead. Ishi went 3 for 4 with two homers, a double and five RBI.
- Jarrett Parker went 1 for 3 on the night in his second game with the River Cats since being optioned.
- Kelby Tomlinson, playing shortstop, went 2 for 4 and continued his recent tear.
- Tomlinson has a 12-game hitting streak and is batting .447 in his previous 10 games.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- The Squirrels had Monday off but defeated the New Hampshire Fisher Cats on Sunday.
- The Squirrels scored four runs on five hits as they defeated the Fisher Cats 4-1.
- Shortstop C.J Hinojosa was 1 for 3 with a three run shot on Sunday.
- First baseman Chris Shaw, who was rumored to be involved in a trade on Monday, went 1 for 3 with a double on Sunday.
- Shaw didn't end up traded as he remained with the Giants organization.
- Third baseman Christian Arroyo, whose season thus far, many said, made Duffy expendable went 1 for 4 with a run.
San Jose Giants
- San Jose dropped their game to the Bakersfield Blaze 12-4 on Monday.
- Ronnie Jebavy had a tremendous game going 3 for 5 with a homer.
- Third baseman Miguel Gomez was 2 for 3 for the Giants.
- Of the five pitchers the Giants sent to the mound, only D.J. Snelton didn't allow any runs.
- Snelton pitched two scoreless innings and struck three out in his appearance.
- The GreenJackets had their Monday game postponed and will face the Columbia Fireflies in a double header.
- The Volcanoes were off Monday but earned a Sunday win over the Hillsboro Hops.
- Catcher Zack Bowers went 2 for 4 with two RBI for Salem-Keizer.
- Quinn, who earned Northwest League Player of Week, went 1 for 4 and had an RBI as well.
- Quinn batted .333 last week and had five extra-base hits, according to the team's website.
- DH Ashford Pulmer led off and went 2 for 3. Pulmer has had hits in five of his last six games.