San Francisco started the day off well for the Giants' system, earning a 10th inning victory over the Philadelphia Phillies to salvage their three-game set. The 3-2 win for the Giants was made possible by Denard Span who ripped a home run to start the 10th inning. Span finished the game 3 for 4 with two RBI. Newcomer Matt Moore pitched a beauty of a game, going six innings and allowing just two runs. Moore also struck out seven in his debut for the Giants. Sergio Romo pitched 1/3 of an inning in the 9th and earned his first win of the season while Santiago Casilla closed the game out for his 25th save.
Sacramento River Cats
- The Cats game against Albaquerque was postponed and they'll play another double header tomorrow.
- It's the second time this series that a game has been rained out.
- Ty Blach will start for Sacramento and attempt to get back on the winning track.
- Blach lost his last outing but hasn't given up more than two runs in any of his last six starts.
- Blach went over a month without a loss, winning five straight games from June 27 to July 24. He dropped his sixth game of the year on the 30th of July.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- The Squirrels had trouble with the Curve as they fell in the 10th inning and dropped another game to Altoona.
- Just like yesterday, the final score was 2-1 in favor of the Curve.
- Tyler Beede had a stellar performance as he went seven innings and allowed no runs. Beede also struck nine out.
- In his last two appearances, Beede has pitched 13 innings and has only allowed one earned run. He had 15 strikeouts in those two games combined as well.
- Right fielder Steven Duggar went 2 for 4 and has an 11-game hitting streak. He has also had hits in 16 of his last 17 games.
- Duggar went 0 for 0 in a July 23 game against the Harrisburg Senators. He was walked in his only at bat.
- The last time Duggar didn't reach base in a game was July 17, when he went 0 for 4 against the Bowie Baysox.
San Jose Giants
- The Giants fell to the Stockton Ports 8-4 in 11 innings.
- Second baseman T.J. Bennett went 2 for 5 and had a home run and two RBI for the Giants.
- Carlos Diaz took the loss as he allowed four runs in the 11th.
- Starter Jose Reyes pitched six innings and allowed three runs while striking out four.
- The GreenJackets couldn't put in the work and fell to Asheville 9-5.
- The GreenJackets provided power with four homers but all three were solo shots.
- Outfielder Junior Arias was one of the four who had a jack and has a four-game hitting streak which has raised his average to .299 on the year.
- Augusta was 0 for 10 with runners in scoring position.
- The GreenJackets bullpen pitched four innings of relief but the damage had already been done.
- The Volcanoes fell to the Spokane Indians 6-4.
- Outfielders Heath Quinn and Bryan Reynolds combined for seven of the Volcanoes nine hits on the night.
- Reynolds went 4 for 5 with two doubles and Quinn went 3 for 4 with an RBI.
- Shortstop Ryan Howard went 2 for 3 with the Volcanoes only homer of the evening.
- Pitcher Mac Marshall had eight strikeouts but allowed four earned runs in five innings.