The Giants beat the Miami Marlins 8-7 in 14 innings. San Francisco had 18 hits. Johnny Cueto had another tough outing as he's somewhat come down to earth in the second half of the season as the Giants used eight pitchers on the day/night. Cueto has yet to earn a win since the All-Star Break, going 0-2 with three no decisions in his last five starts.
Brandon Crawford played hero/savior/idol/all of the above as he went 7 for 8 for the Giants. Crawford had five singles, a double and a triple and drove in two runs, including the game-winning RBI in the 14th.
George Kontos earned his third win of the year as he pitched two innings of relief.
Sacramento River Cats
- The River Cats were shut out 4-0 in Tacoma.
- Sacramento only had four hits on the day as they struggled against Rainier pitching.And by Rainier pitching, I mean Sam Gaviglio who pitched a complete game shut out.
- Right fielder Chris Denorfia had two hits while second baseman Ramiro Pena and third baseman Ali Castillo each had hits of their own.
- Pitcher Joan Gregorio made it through 5 2/3 innings while giving up two runs.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- The Squirrels fell 12-6 to the Trenton Thunder.
- Shortstop C.J Hinojosa went 2 for 5 and right fielder Hunter Cole went 2 for 4 as well.
- Cole had a homer and two RBI in the game as well.
- While nine Squirrels had hits, including pinch runner turned DH Tyler Horan who went 1 for 2, lead-off man Steven Duggar went 0 for 5.
- Pitcher Cory Taylor gave up four runs, but only one was earned, in his five innings of work.
San Jose Giants
- The Giants had the day off on Monday and will face the
- Jordan Johnson will start for San Jose Tuesday.against the High Desert Mavericks.
- Johnson has a 7-8 record in 18 games started and posts a 5.71 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP.
- Augusta beat the Hickory Crawdads 5-0 on Monday.
- Michael Connolly combined with Charles Owen and Caleb Smith to pitch a gem for the GreenJackets as they allowed one total hit.
- Connolly earned his 10th win of the year after pitching seven innings and allowing the only hit the Crawdads would get on the day.
- Connolly has won his last four starts. In those starts (24 innings of work) he's allowed just four earned runs while striking out 23.
- Left fielder Jean Angomas and right fielder Seth Harrison each had two hits for Augusta.
- One of Harrison's hits was a homer in the fourth inning.
- The Volcanoes dropped Monday's game to the Spokane Indians 5-4.
- Gio Brusa had his fifth home run of the season and went 1 for 5.
- Third baseman Manuel Geraldo and first baseman Ryan Kirby each led the way with two hits.
- The trio combined for nine Ks and only two walks.