The San Francisco Giants were shut out by the Miami Marlins 2-0. Angel Pagan had two hits while Conor Gillaspie had one and that would be all the Giants bats could produce. Matt Moore took his first loss as a GIant pitching six innings and allowing just two runs.
Sacramento River Cats
- The Cats fell to Tacoma 5-1 as they couldn't stand the Rain-iers.
- Right fielder Grant Green went 2 for 3 with a double and left fielder Austin Slater also had a pair of hits.
- After Slater hit second baseman Ramiro Pena in in the first inning, the Cats bats wouldn't muster another run.
- For Slater, it was his 22nd RBI of the season.
- The Cats pitchers didn't do a very good job of keeping runners off the bases as starter Alex Torres and relief pitcher Vin Mazaro each walked four.
- The Giants walked nine total in the game and only struck out two batters.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- The Squirrels dropped a close one to the Trenton Thunder 2-1.
- Sam Coonrod had another good performance pitching six innings and allowing just one run.
- It's the third straight game that Coonrod has allowed just one earned run.
- Coonrod has only had one loss in his last eight outings dating back to June 25. He's 3-1 in those eight games.
- Designated hitter Chris Shaw had two hits and lead off Steven Duggar had one for the Squirrels who only had three hits on the night.
San Jose Giants
- The Giants burned the High Desert Mavericks in a low-scoring affair.
- A solo shot in the fifth by DH Miguel Gomez got the Giants on the board and two runs in the seventh gave them the lead and sealed their win.
- Although the Giants went 0 for 5 with runners in scoring position they were able to benefit from a Mavericks error.
- Rando Moreno reached on a fielding error by High Desert's pitcher Cole Wiper and T.J. Bennett and Daniel Carbonell both scored on the play.
- The GreenJackets racked up 12 hits in their 7-2 win over the Crawdads.
- Four players (Jean Angomas, Jalen Miller, Matt Winn and Seth Harrison) had multi-hit games as Angomas led way with three hits and the rest had two.
- Angomas also had two RBI and Miller had a home run and two RBI.
- Second baseman Richard Amion, who went hitless, also had two RBI for the GreenJackets.
- Pitcher Domenic Mazza earned his fifth win of the year. Mazza pitched six innings, struck six out, walked one and allowed no runs.
- The Volcanoes dropped their game to the Eugene Emeralds 11-5.
- First baseman Ryan Kirby had a hit and two RBI for the Volcanoes.
- Heath Quinn was hitless for the third straight game after having a 14-game hitting streak snapped on Saturday.
- Starting pitcher Victor Conception served up batting practice for a stout Emeralds lineup as he only made it through three innings.
- Conception allowed 10 hits and eight earned runs.
- Relief pitcher Hengerber Medina pitched a nice two innings allowing just a walk and striking out four.