A 4-2 win for the Giants kept them in prime position to reclaim first place in the NL West. Joe Panik went 3 for 4 while Buster Posey had a hit and two RBI and Angel Pagan and Hunter Pence each added an RBI of his own. Matt Moore picked up his second win for the club.
Sacramento River Cats
- Joan Gregorio pitched six good innings for the Cats and had seven Ks.
- Gregorio picked up his sixth win of the year as he only allowed three runs.
- Jean Machi was a bit wild in the ninth as he walked a pair but he avoided the threat to earn his 13th save of the year.
- Sacramento had 10 hits on the night with three players getting two.
- Grant Green, Ruben Tejada and Travis Ishikawa each had a pair of hits for Sac.
- Each had a double but Green also had a triple on the night.
Richmond Flying Squirrels
- The Squirrels' wings were cut in the 11th inning against Hartford as they dropped the contest 3-2.
- After scoring two runs in the ninth to send the game to extras, Richmond pitcher Tyler Mizenko gave up the losing run in the top of the 11th.
- Richmond had 14 hits on the night but weren't able to capitalize.
- The team left 14 runners on base in the game, including Hunter Cole who singled in the bottom of the 11th before Tyler Horan struck out to end the game.
- Cole and Horan, along with C.J Hinojosa had three hits on the night.
San Jose Giants
- Catcher Aramis Garcia went 3 for 4 for San Jose but the Bakersfield blazed their way to a 15-7 win.
- After giving up six runs in the first inning, the Giants had a steep hill to climb and couldn't overcome.
- The Giants did get the deficit to 11-7 in the seventh inning before the Blaze added four insurance runs (three in the eighth and one in the ninth).
- Jose Reyes had a game to forget on the mound as he gave up eight runs in five innings of work.
- The loss eliminated Modesto from playoff contenton and clinched the Giants a wild card spot.
- The first game of the three game series against the Bakersfield Blaze will be played in San Jose, Sept. 7.
- The GreenJackets split a pair with Lexington on Wednesday.
- Augusta won 4-3 in the first contest but the roles reversed in the second game as Lexington won 4-3.
- First baseman Skyler Ewing helped lead the GreenJackets to victory in the first game.
- Ewing had three RBI in the game as he went 2 for 2 with a double and a solo home run.
- The Volcanoes weren't able to beat Vancouver on Wednesday and lost 13-8 despite 15 hits on the day.
- Six Volcanoes had multi-hit games.
- Heath Quinn went 3 for 5 with two double, a run and an RBI.
- Catcher Zach Bowers showed some power as he connected for his second homer of the year.
- Bowers went 2 for 4 and had four RBI in the loss.