"The Trainer's Table" is a medical-centric podcast hosted by Managing Editor Jake Dungan and IBI injury analyst Brandon Bowers that will deal specifically in discussing player health and injuries concerning the Indians organization and other teams around the league.
Jake and Brandon are back at it with the second episode of the Trainer's Table podcast. On this week's episode, the guys discuss Yan Gomes returning to the active roster as well as Corey Kluber's strained quad and playoff status, the latest on Michael Brantley and more!
Indians topics discussed:
- Yan Gomes activated from 60-day disabled list despite recent wrist fracture.
- Michael Brantley rumored to have to miss significant time in 2017 following biceps tendinitis surgery.
- Corey Kluber diagnosed with mild quad strain, expected to be ready for ALDS.
- Danny Salazar progressing in rehab, said to be forgoing use of curveball as a reliever due to recurring arm discomfort.
MLB topics discussed:
- Ailing Nationals:
- Wilson Ramos out for season/playoffs with torn ACL
- Daniel Murphy out for remainder of season, hopeful for postseason.
- Bryce Harper dealing with sore thumb.
- Mets pitching woes:
- Jacob deGrom to undergo elbow surgery (ulnar nerve).
- Steven Matz shut down with sore shoulder, will undergo surgery to remove bone spurs from elbow.
- Matt Harvey out indefinitely after having surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow us on Twitter @JakeDBaseball and @blbowers12.Thanks again for listening!
Brandon Bowers is a doctor of physical therapy currently working in an orthopedic outpatient facility in Columbus. The information provided is the professional opinion of Brandon Bowers, PT, DPT and is based on his clinical experience and the most current clinical evidence available. This information should not be interpreted as or substituted for medical advice for a specific condition or diagnosis.null