Around the Farm (ATF) takes a quick look at some of yesterday’s performances by Indians players throughout the system. This is a special fall and winter ball version of ATF that recaps all the offseason action by Indians players in the Caribbean Leagues and Arizona Fall League. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday’s game.
Note: The Indians do not currently have any minor leaguers in the Mexican Pacific League, and no current Indians minor leaguers participated in the Puerto Rican League on Thursday.
DOMINICAN WINTER LEAGUE
- Erik Gonzalez (Leones del Escogido, Game 1 3B): 0-4, K – In the first game of a doubleheader, Gonzalez had just his third hitless game in his last nine. This game snapped a streak of five straight games with a run scored for the 25-year-old, but…
- Erik Gonzalez (Leones del Escogido, Game 2 SS): 3-6, R, RBI, 2 K – The infielder had more success in his second game on Thursday, collected a hit in half of his at-bats. He has driven in six runs in his last seven games and now has eight RBI in 15 games this offseason.
- Michael Martinez (Estrellas Orientales, 2B): 2-4, 2 RBI, CS – Martinez had his first multi-RBI and multi-hit game since his first game with the Estrellas Orientales this offseason. He’s now got five RBI through 11 games, and his average rose from .171 to .205 with this outing.
VENEZUELAN WINTER LEAGUE
- Giovanny Urshela (Aguilas del Zulia, 3B): 1-4 – Urshela now has a six-game hitting streak and has collected exactly one hit in each game. In fact, the third baseman has a hit in eight of his last nine games and has exactly one hit in all of them as well. He is hitting .337 in 43 games this offseason.
- Jesus Aguilar (Leones del Caracas, 1B): 0-4, K – Aguilar suffered through a rough night at the dish, grounding into two double plays and failing to extend his five-game hitting streak. He still has collected at least one hit in eight of his last 10 games and is hitting .283 in 31 games overall.
You can follow Indians Baseball Insider (@IndiansOnScout) on Twitter