Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
Will Michael Brantley be ready for the season? Who will start in center field? Is Yandy Diaz in the mix for an outfield spot? These are some of the questions on the minds of Tribe fans as the Indians come towards the end of their first week of spring training. Jake, Tony and guest host John Alfes are here to analyze the Cleveland outfield situation in the first of their their positional previews. Plus, they discuss the latest Tribe signings and a former All-Star who is making his return to the organization in an advisory role in an all new weekly spring training edition of Smoke Signals.
- Indians sign LHP's James Russell and Chris Narveson to minor league deals with invites to spring training.
- Former Tribe All-Star center fielder Grady Sizemore returns as player development advisor.
- Positional Preview - Outfield:
- LF Michael Brantley will not be ready for exhibition games.
- The center field conundrum: Austin Jackson, Tyler Naquin and Abraham Almonte.
- Will Yandy Diaz be a factor?
- Poll question: Who will be the starting left fielder for the Indians on opening day?
You can also now subscribe to the show through our site YouTube channel by clicking here. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @TonyIBI. @JakeDBaseball, and @JohnAlfes. Thanks again for listening!