Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
Starting pitching has been the strength of the Indians for most of the Terry Francona era in Cleveland and it will continue to be in 2017 even with the offseason moves that have bulked up other areas of the roster. The stuff and potential is there as it always has been, but there are some looming questions heading into the season. Will the extra postseason workload be affect Corey Kluber's performance? Can Carlos Carrasco and Danny Salazar put their recent injuries behind them? What can we expect from Trevor Bauer and Josh Tomlin? Tony and Jake are once again joined by IBI draft guru Jeff Ellis to analyze the Tribe rotation.
- Indians begin Cactus League play.
- Positional Preview - Starting Rotation:
- Will postseason innings and short-rest starts be a factor in for Corey Kluber in 2017?
- Carlos Carrasco looking to bounce back from freak injuries last year.
- Can Danny Salazar pitch a full season without recurring arm issues?
- Trevor Bauer - The enigma that is an enigma.
- Realistic expectations for Josh Tomlin.
You can also now subscribe to the show through our site YouTube channel by clicking here. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @TonyIBI. @JakeDBaseball, and @jeffMLBdraft. Thanks again for listening!