Tony Lastoria and Jake Dungan are back on the cyberwaves for another season of Smoke Signals, IBI's flagship podcast. A show that started in the summer of 2008 with Tony Lastoria and Paul Cousineau has stuck around since and been a regular podcast for several diehard fans of the Indians and their minor league system.
The Indians bullpen has seen major upgrades since last year's trade deadline when Andrew Miller first donned his Tribe uniform. While he has had a significant impact himself, the organization has also added the services of fellow veteran southpaw Boone Logan to go with an already strong core of Cody Allen, Bryan Shaw, Dan Otero and others. Jake and Tony continue their positional breakdown with a look at the Tribe's relief staff heading into 2017, particularly whether the extra work in the postseason and the World Baseball Classic will affect Andrew Miller and who will earn the final spot in the bullpen.
- Jason Kipnis and Austin Jackson make Cactus League debuts.
- Positional Preview - Bullpen:
- Cody Allen to remain primary closer.
- Concerns about Andrew Miller pitching in the WBC.
- Can Bryan Shaw continue to be a reliable setup man?
- Boone Logan and the balance he brings to the bullpen.
- Which version of Dan Otero will show up this year?
- The enigma of Zach McAllister.
- The race for the final spot.
You can now subscribe to the show on iTunes by clicking here. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @SmokeSignalsIBI with any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the podcast. Also, please follow our hosts on Twitter @TonyIBI and @JakeDBaseball. Thanks again for listening!